Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4-April-2012

http://wtvr.com/2012/06/13/person-of...in-protective/

*snipped

She said her estranged husband threatened to kill her, burn her up inside her home and take her to King William where no one could find her. Despite those former claims, she defended that same man just days ago in a Times-Dispatch article telling them quote,”He’ll do a lot of talking but he’s not violent.”

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

http://www.wric.com/story/18774224/w...et-with-police

*snipped

CHESTERFIELD, VA—"A key witness in the case of a missing Chesterfield woman is refusing to speak with police.

Peter Paoli, a former Altria co-worker of Leyla Namiranian, is now refusing to speak with detectives, according to police."

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/n...ha-ar-1983916/

*snipped

Michael Anthony Edwards, 51, was sentenced to 20 years in prison with 10 years suspended for maliciously wounding a woman he lived with while married to his current wife in a sudden attack outside her residence.

In testimony at his trial, the victim said Edwards stood over her and stabbed her repeatedly while saying, "If I can't have you, nobody else is going to have you, either," according to a transcript. She was stabbed three times in the mouth and under her left arm, collapsing a lung.

The Richmond News Leader reported in February 1987 that Edwards, then 27, was charged with four counts of abduction and one count of aggravated assault in connection with an incident in which a woman was beaten in the face, stomach and groin by someone she knew, and that her two children were held hostage in a room of their house by the same assailant.

Edwards was arrested this March 18 on a drug-possession charge in Hanover County, where he works as a laborer. The court file mentions an orange prescription bottle containing two tablets.

In 1989, Edwards pleaded guilty in Richmond Circuit Court to possession of cocaine, possession of cocaine while in possession of a firearm, and with attempting to escape from law enforcement officers.

Oh... My.... God
    Last edited by Shutterfly; 06-13-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: add snip

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

I've got to wonder....have they pulled the right guys record???

What in the heck happened to "he'll do a lot of talking, but he's not violent?"

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Maybe I missed this, so I apologize in advance if this has already been answered.

How did she know Edwards? Just seems like an unlikely pair.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyeswideopen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyeswideopen View Post
    Maybe I missed this, so I apologize in advance if this has already been answered.

How did she know Edwards? Just seems like an unlikely pair.
    As far as I know, we have NO clue! Edwards said in a phone interview that he couldn't remember where he met Leyla?!?!?! Yeah right.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shutterfly For This Useful Post:

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    As far as I know, we have NO clue! Edwards said in a phone interview that he couldn't remember where he met Leyla?!?!?! Yeah right.
    Wow, hope the police aren't buying that. I wonder if she even knew it all. He seems to be a troubled man. Maybe she was a fantasy to him. I just can't wrap my head around the two of them "dating"

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eyeswideopen For This Useful Post:

So...we have TWO men in Ms. Leyla's love life (well, 3 if you count her ex).

One of the two sounds crazy and unstable...with a wife and a past. He is calling the cops and the media wanting to talk.

The other one is a higher up in the business world, intelligent...with a wife. He is refusing to talk to law enforcement and has lawyered up.

They BOTH sound guilty to me.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    So...we have TWO men in Ms. Leyla's love life (well, 3 if you count her ex).

One of the two sounds crazy and unstable...with a wife and a past. He is calling the cops and the media wanting to talk.

The other one is a higher up in the business world, intelligent...with a wife. He is refusing to talk to law enforcement and has lawyered up.

They BOTH sound guilty to me.
    Although anything is possible, the crazy man sounds guilty to me. Based on what he has done in the past, I am almost certain. That makes me sad.

I was on a field trip with my students Monday, and one of the parent chaperones is married to someone who works for Altria. I asked if she or her husband knew anything about the case, but she said they only knew what has been released in the media.

I, too, am wondering if PP and Leyla had a romantic relationship that evening. If so, and if ME was stalking her, it doesn't take much of a leap to assume the worst.

Did I read the article correctly? Has ME injured two different women in the past? (And that is just what has been prosecuted. Who knows what else he has done that has not been reported.) Plus, his wife recently filed for a restraining order on him? Why is he a free man? And why would she say he is not violent, if he has been convicted and served time? That is crazy, too.

Although I am glad the case is not cold, this news depresses me. I cannot imagine walking in the shoes of Leyla's family and friends.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ollibear For This Useful Post:

I agree -- if I only knew about one or the other I would be positive that either one was guilty. But in this case, I think that PP is a red herring. I would bet that there was some frowned-upon activity between the two of them and making one last futile attempt to hang on to his reputation. It isn't really considered good behavior to sleep with a subordinate, especially if you're CEO and she's director-level, even if neither one is married. If I understood some of the things I read about their org structure, her group reported up through his organization, or at least at one point her group reported up to him.

If it really is the same Edwards who did the stabbing and the threatening, etc., he seems more likely. Though I agree the idea that he can't remember how they met and the idea that they were a pair at all sounds mightily suspicious. I wonder where he works? Maybe she frequented that place or maybe he worked for her lawn service or something like that. If the police hadn't said that they had known each other for some time, I would almost think that he'd simply met her casually in some capacity like plumber one day and had become obsessed with her.

Edited to add: He works as a "laborer" according to the times dispatch article.
    Last edited by Skigirl; 06-13-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Add new info

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skigirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks for posting this link. It is freaky how many violent incidents it mentions. It's sort of poorly-written, though, so I was having trouble parsing which crime was which, and just came away with the impression that there were a LOT of crimes. At least two drug arrests and a DUI (resulting in revocation of parole). The crimes in 1990 (stabbing his girlfriend and hurting her daughter), an apparently sealed and subsequently lost (?) prior arrest for an 1987 abduction and beating of a woman while two of her children were held hostage. Plus threats to his current wife. His current wife was his wife at the time of the 1990 crimes... yes, he's just a pussy cat that growls like a tiger, wouldn't hurt a fly... WTH?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skigirl For This Useful Post:

*bumping* for Leyla.
    I haven't been able to find any new information

24. The Following User Says Thank You to redsky For This Useful Post:

http://www.news777.info/2012/06/pers...peaks-out.html

"All we know is she was a good person,” he said. “All we did was uncover that lady a good time. we never argued with her.”

My question is who is "we"????????

"All we know is she was a good person,” he said. “All we did was uncover that lady a good time. we never argued with her.”

Sounds like he has some multiple personality disorder?If not ,then how could "we" uncover a good time? Drugs?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tresptip For This Useful Post:

That "news blog" looks like it was written by a crazy person. You have to be careful with those sometimes. Crazy people have a lot of free time on their hands.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingm For This Useful Post:

I think this looks like it was translated by a machine. It probably made more sense in whichever language it was first written in.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

any new news?????

33. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeswideopen For This Useful Post:

any new news?????
    I came here just now wondering the same thing.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ollibear For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by missingm View Post
    That "news blog" looks like it was written by a crazy person. You have to be careful with those sometimes. Crazy people have a lot of free time on their hands.
    Oh My Gosh...

I am SOOO glad you're observation is the same as mine! I couldn't understand some of what was said.

Was this a translation into English from another language... or does this "author" have a great deal of trouble with the English language?

ETA: Thank you Donjeta...
    That may be the case here... (machine translator)
    Last edited by IHAVENOCLUE; 07-04-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: updated response

37. The Following User Says Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Bumping up for Leyla!

Pritchard also addressed a Police Department’s disappointment with what he described as a miss of team-work from another male who is also a chairman of seductiveness in a case. Police trust that man, Peter Paoli, a recently late Altria executive, was a final chairman to pronounce with Namiranian and expected a final chairman to see her before she disappeared.
    Would it have been in english first?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post

Would it have been in english first?

CHAIRMAN OF SEDUCTIVENESS? oh my~
    -Beth In Alaska

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BethInAK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    CHAIRMAN OF SEDUCTIVENESS? oh my~
    I can only guess what that means!

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post: