670 users online (89 members and 581 guests)  

Websleuths News

I want to thank you...but I can't

But half the time I can't. I'm not talking about the times I've been away from the computer for a couple of hours and it tells me to re-load the page. I can have just clicked on a page, thank one person, try to thank another, and I get the little picture of paper you get when you are on an enforced vacation. (erm...not that I would know!)

So when that happens, I either have to reload the page, or just send mental thanks. I have my pages set for 100 posts per page, so you can imagine how many times I would have to hit f5 to thank everyone who deserves it!

Does anyone have a fix for this?
    "Keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and the cookies at the other end of the table." - Kingkeld.

what browser are you using?

I still use IE, and sometimes I can thank and sometimes I can't. I know I should upgrade, but old habits are hard to break

My thanks button isn't working either. I click on to thank somebody and it looks like it is accepted by the system, but it's not. I'm using IE 8. I'll try another browser the next time I log on and see if that helps.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that today I logged in using Opera as a browser and the thanks button works! I used to use Opera all the time, I dont know why I went back to IE? If you invest a little time into it, to customize it, it's really a good browser. I lost two posts in two separate threads today, and kept getting kicked out of the site, lol but I think that was because the browser was so outdated. I have since upgraded it, and it seems to be fine now.