1013 users online (220 members and 793 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Dana Point,CA

Calif. artist Thomas Kinkade dies at age 54

Kinkade, 54, died at his home in Los Gatos in the San Francisco Bay Area of what appeared to be natural causes, David Satterfield said.

southwest Indiana
    He will be missed, I really enjoy his work.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Gee, that's sad. Rather young for natural causes, altho perhaps he'd been ill.

When I think of his art, I think cottages...trees...water...snow...lights...home.

Nothing to see here, move along...
    I got familiar with his work when I cross stitched one of the paintings. I have always enjoyed his work, and he did it with such passion.

God speed, Mr. Kinkade, and thanks for all the joy and peace you've brought millions of people. Now rest in the Joy and Peace of God's heaven...paint the skies for us, all right?

Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Artist Thomas Kinkade Dies at Age 54

I am so sorry to learn that he has passed away. His paintings are so

beautiful. I own four different framed scenes of his English cottage prints

with lighting and the beautiful flowers. I treasure them.

He died much too young .

Being an art/music lover...I always feel so sad when one of them goes. What would they have done in the future that was not to be...I guess that is selfish.

Altho of course, that is true of everyone. What would their future have been?

Blessings to his family and friends.

this made me cry when I read it. I totally love his paintings-nothing puts a smile in my heart like looking at his work. he will be missed...RIP, thomas...

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Metro Detroit
    April 7, 2012 at 9:57 am

Popular painter Thomas Kinkade dies in Calif.
    By John S. Marshall
    Associated Press

San Francisco— Artist Thomas Kinkade once said that he had something in common with Walt Disney and Norman Rockwell: He wanted to make people happy.

And he won success with brushwork paintings that focused on idyllic landscapes, cottages and churches — highly popular works that became big sellers for dealers across the United States.

The self-described "Painter of Light," who died Friday at age 54, produced sentimental scenes of country gardens and pastoral landscapes in dewy morning light that were beloved by many but criticized by the art establishment...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz1rMuOEvzW

Absolutely love his works. Wish I had bought the Indian village painting many moons ago. He always paid tribute to his wife somewhere in every painting. Walk with God...you will be missed.
    Proud WS N-LIB

Remembering also, Vincent van Gogh, artist of Light.
    Last edited by concentric; 04-07-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Straight till you get to Jacket Rd.
    Fell in love with Mr Kincaid and his work after seeing the movie "The Christmas Cottage!" He truly was a Painter of Light! Rest in Peace Mr. Kincade!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

This is a real loss for those of us who enjoyed his work. May he rest in peace.

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    I was shocked and saddened to hear of Mr. Kinkade's death. I always enjoyed his work. I used to love to watch him every time he was on QVC. He will be missed!

I know of no other artist like him - he was truly one of a kind.

RIP Mr. Kinkade.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Here There and Everywhere
    The world has lost my favorite painter. I love his paintings. Such a shame. Rest In Peace Thomas Kinkade.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast