OK - Three killed, 2 injured in Tulsa shooting spree, 6 April 2012

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Police in Tulsa, Oklahoma, were working around the clock Saturday to track a gunman suspected of a series of shootings that left three dead and two critically injured.
Tulsa police Capt. Jonathan Brooks said investigators were looking into whether the shootings may have been possible hate crimes.
Officers were canvassing the neighborhood, he said.

More:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/07/us/oklahoma-shootings/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Spree killer. The question is, will this be over now? I wonder if the guy isn't from the same neighborhood and what set him off?

Spree killer. The question is, will this be over now? I wonder if the guy isn't from the same neighborhood and what set him off?

According to the local newscasts, the shooter is white, so I really doubt he lives around there. JMO

According to the local newscasts, the shooter is white, so I really doubt he lives around there. JMO

One of the articles described the neighborhood as a "diverse" neighborhood, which I took to be mixed. Is it more predominately a single race neighborhood?

It depends on how big of an area they mean. North Tulsa is weird...I just know to absolutely avoid certain neighborhoods because people will walk out in front of your car and ask what you think you're doing. It happened to me once when I got lost. JMO

One of the articles described the neighborhood as a "diverse" neighborhood, which I took to be mixed. Is it more predominately a single race neighborhood?

Just heard a reverend on CNN said it was predominately african american that deep into the area and he feels it is likely a hate crime because it is very unusual to find a white person there

Tulsa police chief to suspected lone gunman: 'We're coming for you'
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 7:47 PM EDT, Sat April 7, 2012

(CNN) -- The police chief of Tulsa, Oklahoma, offered a stern, succinct message Saturday to the man he believes killed three people and critically wounded two others in a spate of seemingly random shootings: "We're coming for you."

Chief Chuck Jordan described the shootings at four separate sites -- all of which occurred early Friday within two to three miles of each other -- as "vicious and cowardly attacks."....

They need to get that maniac off the streets FAST. What a psycho.

They need to get that maniac off the streets FAST. What a psycho.
I haven't let my kids out in the yard since this happened. Our backyard backs up to one of the busiest streets in Tulsa...its freaking me out. :eek:

I haven't let my kids out in the yard since this happened. Our backyard backs up to one of the busiest streets in Tulsa...its freaking me out. :eek:

:what: OMG! Stay inside. That is so scary. I hope they catch this idiot before he kills again.

Tulsa police chief to suspected lone gunman: 'We're coming for you'
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 7:47 PM EDT, Sat April 7, 2012

(CNN) -- The police chief of Tulsa, Oklahoma, offered a stern, succinct message Saturday to the man he believes killed three people and critically wounded two others in a spate of seemingly random shootings: "We're coming for you."

Chief Chuck Jordan described the shootings at four separate sites -- all of which occurred early Friday within two to three miles of each other -- as "vicious and cowardly attacks."....

THIS is why I LOVE my home state of Oklahoma. We don't play; we just get to business.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/08/us/oklahoma-shootings/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The police identified the arrested men as Jake England, 19, and Alvin Watts, 32. They were taken into custody from a home in Tulsa.

"We're not exactly sure what their relationship is to another; whether they are friends or extended family members," said Capt. Jonathan Brooks said.
The men did not offer any resistance, he said.

The pair will be charged with three counts of murder and two counts of shooting with intent to kill, the department said.
Detectives were interrogating the two men Sunday morning and did not yet know their motive.

I will be interested to find out what the relationship is between these two. That is quite an age difference. If they're friends, how did they become friends? The younger one is holding a baby in that picture, I wonder if it's his.

Soooooooo glad they caught these two.

Sperry is a teeny tiny town and people are connected by family or drugs out there.

I'm betting they did some meth, got all riled up over the older one's father being killed, and decided to take revenge. Crazy. I almost thought this might have ties to local KKK groups, but the younger guy looks at least part Indian so I guess not. So glad they're caught!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back