Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    This story is horrendous. I wish LE could be sued for false arrest in this case. What makes me so furious is the normal 'defense' is "the evidence pointed to him". Well no it did not. It clearly did not. He was innocent so it could not have pointed to him. The evidence pointed to what I believed from the start, an intruder.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I understand. I am not saying they were guilty of anything. Just trying to understand how this crime happened, given the weird circumstances.
    Katydid I think there are enough (thousands) of cases of burglars who can take money from your bedside table while you sleep to show it isn't nearly as difficult as we expect. Let alone the other cases where a child is taken out and murdered ..here he just did it in the house.

There isn't much of a difference imo. It only takes a second to put a hand over a 4 year olds mouth and traumatize her into silence with whispered threats. To be blunt I think he was totally ready by the time he even got into the trailer so he would have wasted no time assaulting her viciously. Probably in and out of the trailer within 10 minutes.

Parents can be deep sleepers and there were probably few sounds from the bedroom.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    This story is horrendous. I wish LE could be sued for false arrest in this case. What makes me so furious is the normal 'defense' is "the evidence pointed to him". Well no it did not. It clearly did not. He was innocent so it could not have pointed to him. The evidence pointed to what I believed from the start, an intruder.
    They were also claiming his story didn't make sense. I would like to know what exactly didn't make sense, since it appears he was in fact telling the truth.
    Just my opinion

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    They left their DNA behind so if it was the boyfriend we will know soon enough. If not, it sure was a determined and bold intruder.
    What would you call David Westerfield? How many adults were not only home but awake when he went in the Van Dam's house? Or Richard Speck? Or Ted Bundy? He dragged a 12 year old girl out of a school in front of a security guard. I'm only illustrating the fact that there's no shortage of audacity.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EXIA15145 For This Useful Post:

If mom left for work after it happened I think it is odd. Where did she think the dog went? What about all of the blood in the trailer and on the porch? And she never looked in on the kids before she left?

I think it is more likely it happened after she left. But maybe I am jaded.
    That's not jaded, that's logical.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EXIA15145 For This Useful Post:

I understand. I am not saying they were guilty of anything. Just trying to understand how this crime happened, given the weird circumstances.
    I really dont think we quite ever understand how these crimes happen since we discuss it everytime a child is harmed in their own home by a predator or kidnapped from their own homes by one.

But what we all should realize by now whether we understand how it could have happened or not... is it DOES happen and no one in the home was the wiser.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    They were also claiming his story didn't make sense. I would like to know what exactly didn't make sense, since it appears he was in fact telling the truth.
    Maybe it didnt make sense to LE because they were so blindly sure he was the prepretrator and had only tunnel vision. Evidently it did make sense since another creep's DNA was found on this poor child who was viciously raped.

It didnt make sense because they were trying to pin it on him, imo.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    He can sue the police department and I am certainly not the kind that believes in being sue happy but if LE dared lock me up without any evidence for 13 weeks of my life I would sue their pants off.

Not only taking the freedom away from an innocent man but accusing him falsely of the worst crime imaginable.

I hope he does sue so that this police department will think twice before they ever do this thing again to another innocent person.

IMO

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

CPS does not need a reason to take your children. All they need is an excuse.

Here's one:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/15/ny...pagewanted=all

Here's another:
    http://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/p...f-child-abuse/

Here's one that lost their kids because of the children's names:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26...says-no-abuse/

The only way I can imagine that DHS would have a case is if this perp had been invited into the trailer that night and they all drank or got high together. And if Mom and Tommy went to bed and passed out, and the perp came back and snuck in, etc, then maybe that is why they are saying there was negligence. Just speculating..

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EXIA15145 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EXIA15145 View Post
    CPS does not need a reason to take your children. All they need is an excuse.

Here's one:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/15/ny...pagewanted=all

Here's another:
    http://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/p...f-child-abuse/

Here's one that lost their kids because of the children's names:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/26...says-no-abuse/
    I'm not quite sure why you listed the first and third links - the first deals with a horribly battered child (from the discussion of her injuries that caused her death, including a broken skull from two horrific blows), and parents hateful enough to name their children Aryan Nation and Adolph Hitler - I think CPS was well within their rights to go after both sets of parents.

I can't really tell what's going on in the middle link. Sometimes, there are medical conditions that are the cause of a child looking battered, but CPS would be remiss not to look into these cases carefully.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I'm not quite sure why you listed the first and third links - the first deals with a horribly battered child (from the discussion of her injuries that caused her death, including a broken skull from two horrific blows), and parents hateful enough to name their children Aryan Nation and Adolph Hitler - I think CPS was well within their rights to go after both sets of parents.

I can't really tell what's going on in the middle link. Sometimes, there are medical conditions that are the cause of a child looking battered, but CPS would be remiss not to look into these cases carefully.
    The point of the first article is that CPS has refused to test the child for OI when there were other young relatives that died as infants under similar circumstances. That's exactly what happened to the parents in the second article and it was several months before they were able to get the testing for OI which ultimately exonerated them because the child DID have it. They left the child in foster care where she actually was abused and neglected! As for the name, to think CPS has a right to go after parents who name their kids a specific name is just completely unconstitutional and unfounded. I may not agree with what those parents named their child but it doesn't prove anything other than stupidity on their part. Last time I checked, parental stupidity was not a valid reason to take a child from his/her home.
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mama-cita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    The point of the first article is that CPS has refused to test the child for OI when there were other young relatives that died as infants under similar circumstances. That's exactly what happened to the parents in the second article and it was several months before they were able to get the testing for OI which ultimately exonerated them because the child DID have it. They left the child in foster care where she actually was abused and neglected! As for the name, to think CPS has a right to go after parents who name their kids a specific name is just completely unconstitutional and unfounded. I may not agree with what those parents named their child but it doesn't prove anything other than stupidity on their part. Last time I checked, parental stupidity was not a valid reason to take a child from his/her home.
    I have to disagree about the name thing. By naming their child those horrible, hateful names, they set them up for a lifetime of negative repercussions. That, to me, is abuse. Oh, and those parents have since lost custody of their children completely due to abuse and neglect not related to their awful names. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tion-back.html
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear." - N. Mandela

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pdxmama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmama View Post
    I have to disagree about the name thing. By naming their child those horrible, hateful names, they set them up for a lifetime of negative repercussions. That, to me, is abuse. Oh, and those parents have since lost custody of their children completely due to abuse and neglect not related to their awful names. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tion-back.html
    I worked in a newborn nursery. Many parents out there set their children up for negative repercussions, but unfortunately it's not illegal to be an idiot and name your kid something stupid, or hateful. I have seen names like Satan, Urethra (yes the little hole that you pee out of) as well as a plethora of names that ensure the child will end up as a stripper some day. But it is a free country and people are free to do stupid things.
    "The word which God has written on the brow of every man is Hope." - Victor Hugo

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Everything I post is my opinion only, but it is both my God given and Constitutionally protected right to do so!

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mama-cita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita View Post
    I worked in a newborn nursery. Many parents out there set their children up for negative repercussions, but unfortunately it's not illegal to be an idiot and name your kid something stupid, or hateful. I have seen names like Satan, Urethra (yes the little hole that you pee out of) as well as a plethora of names that ensure the child will end up as a stripper some day. But it is a free country and people are free to do stupid things.
    Yes, but there is a difference between making a stupid choice making a stupid choice that can cause harm (physically or emotionally) to a child. We may have to agree to disagree on this one but if a kid named Satan came into my nursery I would call CPS myself.

Naming your child a name like Hitler or Aryan Nation shows a very unhealthy admiration for something or someone violent, evil and hateful. I mean, we are talking about naming a child after the worst mass murderer in the history of the world, that is more that just a stupid choice like feeding your kid french fries every day. I was not at all surprised that these parents were also abusing and neglecting their children.
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear." - N. Mandela

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pdxmama For This Useful Post:

There was another case posted somewhere around here. Where CPS removed the child due to what they assumed was abuse. After the child was removed, father ended up killing the mother and himself, apparently fearing being prosecuted and convicted for child abuse. After that it was discovered that there was no abuse, and condition of the child was due to incurable genetic condition. But it was too late for the parents-they were already dead. The child didn't live long and died as well, due to the incurable genetic condition.
    Just my opinion

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast