GUILTY NJ - Kimberly Adler, 23, found dead under Keansburg home, 10 Aug 2008

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Thank you BeeBeeOh!

Brother of woman whose remains were found in Keansburg home said she was reported missing in 2008
When Kimberly Adler went missing sometime in 2008, it did not go unnoticed, her brother said today.
Gregory Adler said the search for his sister stretched into online databases and county jails, and included reaching out to authorities.
"We looked for her all the time, non-stop," Gregory Adler, 29, said in an interview today, three days after his sister’s remains were found wedged into a crawl space at the family’s former home on Campview Place in Keansburg.
More...

Keansburg man is arrested after discovery of daughters bones in his former house
Authorities have charged a New Jersey man with disturbing human remains after police discovered his daughter's skeleton buried in the crawl space of a home he once owned.
Dennis Adler is held on $100,000 bail.
Police were called to the 57-year-old's former home in Keansburg on Tuesday after a cleaning service discovered the remains.
More...

This totally has me stumped... thanks for posting. As of this second, sounds to me like the brother did it and dad covered it up/is taking the heat. So sad to lose your mother and have your family turn on you.

Thanks for posting this! I saw it on my local news, but I couldn't find a missing persons listing for her.

KEANSBURG, N.J. — A New Jersey man concealed the remains of his adult daughter for more than three years in his former house, at one point moving the body into a crawl space, where it was discovered this week by a cleaning crew.

....“charged with repeatedly moving, disturbing and concealing the remains of K.A. on diverse dates beginning on 8/10/2008.”

Neighbors on the street of modest one-story homes where Kimberly Adler’s body was found didn’t want to comment on the discovery or said they didn’t know the house’s former owner.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-former-home/2012/04/05/gIQA0M2cxS_story.html

When Kimberly Adler went missing sometime in 2008, it did not go unnoticed, her brother said today.

Gregory Adler said the search for his sister stretched into online databases and county jails, and included reaching out to authorities.

"We looked for her all the time, non-stop," Gregory Adler, 29, said in an interview today, three days after his sister’s remains were found wedged into a crawl space at the family’s former home on Campview Place in Keansburg.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/after_his_sister.html

Joseph Maier said 45 Campview Place property, which is comprised of four separate homes, had a foul odor to it. The 19-year-old Keansburg resident lived at the property in the summer of 2011, renting the home at 45A Campview Place where Kimberly Adler’s remains were discovered.

“In the summer it always stunk really bad in that house. You would tell the landlord but he didn't live around here,” Maier said. "You would get the smell really bad in the bathroom. We thought it was something to do with the plumbing."

Friends and neighbors began wondering what had happened to Kimberly Adler about four years ago, Souza said.

“She went missing. We wondered about it,” Souza said. “A couple people said she moved to Florida.”

http://holmdel.patch.com/articles/k...very-of-missing-woman-s-remains#video-9516742

and the single comment at the link, made me so sad, to know she was being thought of, but was left to rot. sad.

I don't get this. Did the Dad just hide her body or did he kill her too?

Why wasn't she ever reported missing by anyone? The brother says they were searching for her, but evidently not that hard if she was hidden in the house all that time.

Dad's been wandering around homeless for the last few years, makes me think guilt/mental illness. Homeless buddy says the guy was non-violent and stayed outta trouble. Also called him "a real nice guy". sigh.

my uneducated guess is no, if she was beaten or shot. They used dental records to identify her, so I assume the skull is in order, he moved her a few times, so there is no telling, but its reported they are going to do an autopsy exam.

What is a dad's motive for killing a 23 yr old daughter? It seems hard to believe he was trying to rape her, unless the abuse had been going on for a long while already, imo. It just doesn't seem like something that would start that late in their relationship to me.

Maybe he was covering for the brother? I saw that theory mentioned above already.

How sad that she wasn't missed before now!
Friends, relatives?

Someone mentioned that he became nonfunctioning when his wife died.
I wonder if he blamed her (his daughter)?

I don't get this. Did the Dad just hide her body or did he kill her too?

Why wasn't she ever reported missing by anyone? The brother says they were searching for her, but evidently not that hard if she was hidden in the house all that time.

Brother has said that they were making postings online about her. Has anyone been able to find that???

Does bro have a facebook and is it posted on his facebook?

Friends and neighbors began wondering what had happened to Kimberly Adler about four years ago, Souza said.

“She went missing. We wondered about it,” Souza said. “A couple people said she moved to Florida.”

http://holmdel.patch.com/articles/ke...#video-9516742

SO WHO were that couple of people that said she moved to Florida? Dad and brother maybe?

I have not looked for brothers FB, but have been looking for any mention of her online in previous years. This article is different than the others, has different info from his court appearance. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8609498

snipped: Maybe he just couldn't part with her, and thought, if he kept her," said Kim Pearson, former resident.

Kim Pearson used to live in the house in the year right after 23-year-old Kimberly Adler disappeared four years ago. "Kind of creepy, to know that I was in the house with a dead person," Pearson said. "Rotten sewer, like a rotten egg smell, constant, could never get rid of it," Pearson said, "Then there were flies, then little gnats, then tons of ants. My dog Daisy lived there as well and there were like bones, that she used to walk around with."

The investigators also discovered that her remains had been stored inside the house for some time before being moved to the crawl-space under the house.

http://newyorkcriminallawyersblog.com/2012/04/man-arrested-for-burying-daughter-under-home.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jersey-man...ins-found-home/story?id=16087225#.T4EpNtmCWuJ ABC posted his FB page--:

Members of the Adler family did not respond to requests for comment, but Greg Adler, the victim's brother, posted the following on his Facebook:

"I'm putting this to rest tonight: the remains found at 45 Campview Pl are in fact those of my little sister Kimberly Ann Adler (27 years old)…I'm sorry for posting this here but it is easier for me to post this here and put the rumors to rest…I do not want to go into further detail on what happened and that is how it will stay."

I have not looked for brothers FB, but have been looking for any mention of her online in previous years. This article is different than the others, has different info from his court appearance. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8609498

snipped: Maybe he just couldn't part with her, and thought, if he kept her," said Kim Pearson, former resident.

Kim Pearson used to live in the house in the year right after 23-year-old Kimberly Adler disappeared four years ago. "Kind of creepy, to know that I was in the house with a dead person," Pearson said. "Rotten sewer, like a rotten egg smell, constant, could never get rid of it," Pearson said, "Then there were flies, then little gnats, then tons of ants. My dog Daisy lived there as well and there were like bones, that she used to walk around with."

OMG her dog used to walk around with the bones?!!?!?!

I think I found her myspace. Can I post it here? She seems to like to party. Maybe the police didn't want to take a missing persons report if they knew she ran with a disreputable crowd? I thought that didn't happen anymore.
I hope she wasn't murdered by her father. Maybe she OD'ed and they didn't want anyone to know?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back