Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Does sound like an April Fool's prank. Is the reporter even legitimate?
    Fox in orlando.. I would think so.
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...#ixzz1rOtiIRDR
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Does sound like an April Fool's prank. Is the reporter even legitimate?
    I'm thinking its real, or why would Taafe and another neighbor go on TV news and lie about something that can be checked into easily? (I know, its a loaded question) LOL

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    sounds to me to be a serious prank if it was a prank and one that cost someone their job.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

I really can't imagine how the big networks didn't pick up on this??!!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

I don't understand. Was somebody REPORTING that all of those helicopters and squad cars were surrounding Zimmermans' old home, and it wasn't true, just a joke.

OR were there REALLY all of those cops called out there, and that was just a prank?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

12. The Following User Says Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

LOL I don't think the report was a prank I think someone called in a prank against Zimmerman- like they were going to blow up his house or something like that. Cops came out in force to handle it but it was just a prank threat.
    Just the way I am reading it.

from the links:
    >>Who made the call and what they said is now at the center of a new investigation, but the sheriff's office says it was enough to deploy police helicopters and detectives<<

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I get a feeling that some type of action might be taken Sunday. Just seems it would be a day where most citizens are occupied with other things. Tuesday would be the worst day because the whole world is waiting and watching.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    LOL I don't think the report was a prank I think someone called in a prank against Zimmerman- like they were going to blow up his house or something like that. Cops came out in force to handle it but it was just a prank threat.
    It certainly sounds real and I can't imagine a local station would allow that to be published in narrative and video form. Am surprised that the big news networks didn't pick up on the story.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Someone called in about something going on at Zimmerman's home resulting in 7 or 9 squad cars and a helicopter to be dispatched to his home. It seems LE thought it might have been a prank call.

~jmo~

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Wish I was a fly on the wall in the SA's office.

22. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

It certainly sounds real and I can't imagine a local station would allow that to be published in narrative and video form. Am surprised that the big news networks didn't pick up on the story.
    LE came out to investigate but it seems it was just a phoney prank called into Zimmerman and they must have threatened him with something serious because it was enough to get quite a response.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I really can't imagine how the big networks didn't pick up on this??!!
    IMHO I think SPD has a way of covering things up they don't want people to know! JMO JMO BUT apparently it made it way to the surface!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

from the links:
    >>Who made the call and what they said is now at the center of a new investigation, but the sheriff's office says it was enough to deploy police helicopters and detectives<<
    Same way I am reading it as well...

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

from the links:

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boytwnmom View Post
    family at my SIL's. Today she had neighbors/friends over too and we were all discussing this-started with the SYG law and everyone, many of whom were staunch Republicans all agreed this was CRAZY and essentially an inducement to deadly violence and ensuring any opponent of yours was good and dead and not merely wounded-we all said boycotts of states with these laws by vacationeers would be a good thing. It also led into a discussion of ALEC which made for an interesting dialogue-these kind of crazy model laws are being sponsored by big money and big corporations that really aren't concerned with your welfare or whether your kids make it home alive from the 7-11.
    Trayvon wasn't shot walking down the street - according to police and eyewitnesses, he was shot while getting the best of a man half a foot smaller than him. According to the law in Florida, in a self-defense case, TM would be considered an adult, not a child.
    "While in life Trayvon Martin was barely 17, when it comes to justifiable homicide his size -- about 6-foot-3 and 150 pounds -- makes him an adult in death." ABC
    I've looked, and I can't find a single case where a child was actually walking down the street and was shot by the owner of a concealed weapon - less than none where SYG law was a defense for such an act. However, cases where children and dozens of teenagers have been shot just walking down the street, riding in a car, or sitting outside/inside their house are countless. Where Trayvon lived, 7 innocent people were shot attending a funeral - there were 30 murders in March alone. In every case the shooters were armed with illegal firearms. Where's the outrage by either side??

Very few concealed handgun owners shoot innocent people. JMO

Disclaimer: The above is not an effort to make excuses for GZ and I truly am not trying to argue - I just can't "guess" what happened, I have to go by what has been said by LE & witnesses. As far as who confronted who - LE has stated the g/f's phone records are not consistent with what they have.

JMO

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Trayvon wasn't shot walking down the street - according to police and eyewitnesses, he was shot while getting the best of a man half a foot smaller than him. According to the law in Florida, in a self-defense case, TM would be considered an adult, not a child.

I've looked, and I can't find a single case where a child was actually walking down the street and was shot by the owner of a concealed weapon - less than none where SYG law was a defense for such an act. However, cases where children and dozens of teenagers have been shot just walking down the street, riding in a car, or sitting outside/inside their house are countless. Where Trayvon lived, 7 innocent people were shot attending a funeral - there were 30 murders in March alone. In every case the shooters were armed with illegal firearms. Where's the outrage by either side??

Disclaimer: The above is not an effort to make excuses for GZ and I truly am not trying to argue - I just can't "guess" what happened, I have to go by what has been said by LE & witnesses. As far as who confronted who - LE has stated the g/f's phone records are not consistent with what they have.

JMO
    The same article states that Zimmerman is well over 200 pounds.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

JMO
    I haven't heard this about Trayvon's gf phone records not consistent. All you said about the many senseless murders occurring are true, but they don't match this case, imo. I don't agree that Trayvon got the best of GZ who looks to be in good shape, isn't aged, and was a bouncer. Bouncers know how to fight and get the better of someone.

36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CathyinTexas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    Imo, the atty's 'press release' via Reuters ( link ) is nothing more than crowd control and spin. Esp since lie detector tests (which includes, among other things, voice stress tests) are not admissible in a court of law due to the 1923 precedent setting case of Frye v United States, wherein Frye wanted to submit the results of a lie detector test to prove his innocence. Florida, btw, is one of the few states that is still a Frye state (which was recently reaffirmed pdf ). Many states have since moved to the 1993 precedent setting case of Daubert v Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals ( link )
    I listened to someone talking about the stress tests the other day. From what I gathered, they are mostly used for LE hiring purposes. I can't imagine they routinely give these tests to suspects who've just shot someone. That would be like giving me one before my coffee in the morning.

They did say the tests are used sometimes as an interrogation tool, much like the polygraph, I suppose. JMO

38. The Following User Says Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

I never mentioned a street but I don't get your point

Trayvon was shot walking home from the store. It was worse than a street-he was shot in a "safe" gated community right near his front door- < mod snip >

< mod snip> I was with the parent sof a 17 old boy today-he was there too and is my oldest and frist nephew and is most definitely a child to all of us, a beloved child who also doesn't dseserve to be killed on the street or in his yard or anywhere. Much like Trayvon he isn't perfect but brings joy to all of us. At least we have him with us, unlike Trayvon's family.

There are lots of terible killings-that doesn't make Trayvon's killing any less worthy of notice. People are capable of condeming more than one thing at a time. The fact that most cc gunowners are not killing people is of little comfort to Trayvons family or to the next victim of a neighborhood vigalante in the same or a differnt SYG state where all the incentive is on leaving the other guy dead.

JMO
    Last edited by fran; 04-08-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Please, no personal attacks, tia

BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious

40. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Boytwnmom For This Useful Post:

The reporter that wrote the story (or at least reported it) of the prank at the Zimmerman home confirmed that it indeed happened last Sunday, April Fool's day!

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CathyinTexas View Post
    I haven't heard this about Trayvon's gf phone records not consistent. All you said about the many senseless murders occurring are true, but they don't match this case, imo. I don't agree that Trayvon got the best of GZ who looks to be in good shape, isn't aged, and was a bouncer. Bouncers know how to fight and get the better of someone.
    I understand how you feel....but I try not to sleuth based on information from unnamed sources. I do know from my college bar tending days, bouncers just need to be big (GZ was said to have been250lbs then), not necessarily fit. I know thin guys that could open a can of whoop on a guys twice their size and leave them flat. I think the confrontation is going to be the deciding factor anyway, not who was on top!

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

I understand how you feel....but I try not to sleuth based on information from unnamed sources. I do know from my college bar tending days, bouncers just need to be big (GZ was said to have been250lbs then), not necessarily fit. I know thin guys that could open a can of whoop on a guys twice their size and leave them flat. I think the confrontation is going to be the deciding factor anyway, not who was on top!
    Yes, and unfortunately there is only ONE person alive to tell their side of what actually happened and who confronted whom...

46. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    The same article states that Zimmerman is well over 200 pounds.
    I guess I am missing your point, are you saying the quote attributed to Corey is incorrect?

48. The Following User Says Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    Yes, and unfortunately there is only ONE person alive to tell their side of what actually happened and who confronted whom...
    Yes, I agree - like countless homicides, one side of the story is never told except in evidence, and sometimes, as we witnessed 7/2012, not even then JMO

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast