Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1059
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    14,394
    Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Do you have a link to her website? I looked at the article again and see no retraction which seems to me to be the proper place to RETRACT a false story. But, who am I to say?
    Mod note:

    I have removed all references to the "retraction" that apparently wasn't?

    Best I can tell this all came from some Facebook???

    PLEASE NO SOCIAL MEDIA!

    It is hard enough to follow the MSM reports. Absolutely no Facebook references.


    If anyone can find a legit link to the retraction, please post it. Otherwise, disregard, okay?
    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK


  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the eight ball
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    So which Sunday did this happen?
    Sounds like last Sunday but i didn't hear a confirmation!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.




  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:


  5. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,503
    I should be preparing for tomorrow's dinner but I can't pull myself away from this thread!!

    This article quotes the National Sheriff's Assn as saying the complex wasn't even registered to be in the Neighborhood Watch Program:

    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/318716/20120323/george-zimmerman-florida-shooting-trayvon-martin.htm

    In a statement, the National Sheriffs' Association said its Neighborhood Watch Program is to act as the "eyes and ears" within the community, reported the Washington Post. "The alleged action of a 'self-appointed neighborhood watchman' last month in Sanford, Fla., significantly contradicts the principles" of the program. "NSA has no information indicating the community where the incident occurred has ever even registered with the NSA Neighborhood Watch program," said the organization.
    Last edited by imamaze; 04-07-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: link not allowed. MSM only. Thank you


  6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to itsreenw For This Useful Post:


  7. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    SIMMONS: Bill Cosby weighs in on Trayvon Martin case

    By Deborah Simmons

    -

    The Washington Times


    1:27 p.m., Saturday, April 7, 2012
    Mugshot

    ANALYSIS/OPINION:

    “The gun.”

    Those two simple words flowed easily from the mouth of social commentator Bill Cosby during an exclusive interview Friday regarding the Trayvon Martin case, arguably the most high-profile, citizen-on-citizen U.S. slaying facing the Obama administration.

    Trayvon was killed Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla., by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman, who told police that a “confrontation” with the unarmed 17-year-old led him to shoot in self-defense.

    Mr. Cosby, a Navy veteran, said “the gun” empowered Mr. Zimmerman, whose actions have stirred a firestorm of debate, protests and remarks from President Obama.

    “We’ve got to get the gun out of the hands of people who are supposed to be on neighborhood watch,” said Mr. Cosby, whose remarks were the first he has made publicly about the case.

    “Without a gun, I don’t see Mr. Zimmerman approaching Trayvon by himself,” Mr. Cosby explained. “The power-of-the-gun mentality had him unafraid to confront someone. Even police call for backup in similar situations.

    “When you carry a gun, you mean to harm somebody, kill somebody,” he said.

    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...n-martin-case/
    Cosby's son was shot to death.


  8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:


  9. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    Sounds like last Sunday but i didn't hear a confirmation!

    From what the reporter stated, I'm thinking this occurred last Sunday also. But for a few seconds, did have me wondering IF I had totally missed Easter though since I spent almost all day on Friday thinking it was Saturday...JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

    JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW


  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:


  11. #51
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    If there is a case they have a right to hold things close to the vest and let it come out when the right time is. and not in the public eye. With the amount of misinformation, and bias information, it would be best to keep tempers down and keep the case close to the vest till the investigation dictates differently.
    BUT you are right I do think there may be a few lost jobs.
    IMHO it should have been an investigation from the very start.
    I guess the point that puzzles me is, the SPD had already made the decision that he was innocent when they let him go with no charges. The only reason this situation has escalated to the point it has is because there is a public perception of guilt because of virtually no corroborating evidence of his story, which is borderline incredulous to many.

    There would be no justice department investigation if anyone had shown tangible, believable evidence of a broken nose.

    There would be no special prosecutor if there were pictures of the back of his head looking like it went through a meat grinder.

    He was at the police station 36 minutes after he pulled the trigger looking fresh as a daisy to many!

    If his story is true, why wouldn't the SPD want to diffuse this craziness that's swirling around their town when all it would take to start is some kind of reasonable evidence of his claims being true?

    Do these people realize that their stonewalling the public of the truth, which ever way it lies, has brought all of this down on themselves?

    < mod snip >

    IMO, JHMO, MOO, etc.
    Last edited by fran; 04-08-2012 at 12:45 AM.


    But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3




  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the eight ball
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by beach View Post
    Mod note:

    I have removed all references to the "retraction" that apparently wasn't?

    Best I can tell this all came from some Facebook???

    PLEASE NO SOCIAL MEDIA!

    It is hard enough to follow the MSM reports. Absolutely no Facebook references.


    If anyone can find a legit link to the retraction, please post it. Otherwise, disregard, okay?
    That was my bad.. The reporter had a link on her FB and then that link had been deleted... I called it a "retraction" in the sense that the link was retracted from her page.. Didn't realize it would cause such melee.. but then again I should have known...
    So sorry to cause the mods a problem unnecessarily...
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.




  13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:


  14. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,503
    Am I late in finding this out?? If so, sorry everyone. I'm trying to keep up.

    GZ supposedly has Black relatives according to his father.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/3187...von-martin.htm

    The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth." He describes George as "a Spanish-speaking minority." George's mother is Peruvian and he also reportedly has black relatives.
    < mod snip >
    Last edited by fran; 04-08-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: unnecessary


  15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to itsreenw For This Useful Post:


  16. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    I guess the point that puzzles me is, the SPD had already made the decision that he was innocent when they let him go with no charges. The only reason this situation has escalated to the point it has is because there is a public perception of guilt because of virtually no corroborating evidence of his story, which is borderline incredulous to many.

    There would be no justice department investigation if anyone had shown tangible, believable evidence of a broken nose.

    There would be no special prosecutor if there were pictures of the back of his head looking like it went through a meat grinder.

    He was at the police station 36 minutes after he pulled the trigger looking fresh as a daisy to many!

    If his story is true, why wouldn't the SPD want to diffuse this craziness that's swirling around their town when all it would take to start is some kind of reasonable evidence of his claims being true?

    Do these people realize that their stonewalling the public of the truth, which ever way it lies, has brought all of this down on themselves?

    < mod snip >

    IMO, JHMO, MOO, etc.
    Exactly! They went to all kinds of trouble releasing lots of evidence in the case like the partial police reports and 911 calls to justify what they did.

    They even released burglary reports with the victims names, addresses and phone numbers to somehow justify what Zimmerman did.

    But they refuse to release the reports on the clothing of both shooter and victim, refuse to release the info on Zimmerman's injuries or the ballistics of the gunshot or the witness statements.

    and IMO
    Last edited by fran; 04-08-2012 at 12:55 AM.



  17. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    I posted this link last evening and asked you to please indicate where the "cut-through street" is you keep referencing in your posts. Could you please take a moment and point it out to me. TIA.

    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...0martin&st=cse
    ~jmo~
    Photo legend

    Gold
    Dispatcher: Ok you said it is 1111 Retreat View Circle or 111?
    GZ: That's the club house
    Dispatcher: He's near the club house right now?

    Pink (*Indicates where a left would have been)
    GZ: ....Yep, when you come to the club house you come straight in and make a left ...

    Blue (*The first left is a through street, but he's trying to direct him to the street he's on, which is also a left, but not really - it cuts through and straightens out)
    GZ: ...actually, you would go past the club house. (*still directing near club house)
    Dispatcher: Oh, you say it's on the left hand side from the club house?
    GZ: No, you go in, straight through the entrance and then you make a left, ummm, yeah you go straight in, don't turn and make a left.

    *my notes
    Attached Images Attached Images


  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:


  19. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    6,892
    I listened to the Prank video news report. The sound currently on my computer isn't so hot so I am sure I missed alot. Maybe someone else can report? Looks like Frank Taaffe got alot of facetime.
    I think the report said that the FBI folks should be finishing up their work in the next few days and turning their findings over to the DOJ. So... we wait.


  20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:


  21. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    the Plains & Jordan-Hare stadium
    Posts
    14,394
    Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    That was my bad.. The reporter had a link on her FB and then that link had been deleted... I called it a "retraction" in the sense that the link was retracted from her page.. Didn't realize it would cause such melee.. but then again I should have known...
    So sorry to cause the mods a problem unnecessarily...
    No worries! I found myself trying to follow the trail of crumbs and I got confused. It is so hard to even know which MSM articles are thoroughly factual at this point (as opposed to race to press to get the scoop!) that I don't want social media to cloud an already murky situation.
    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK


  22. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:


  23. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Berkshires, MA
    Posts
    1,567

    Funny-we don't watch much TV

    except for sports and movies but my DH got into the habit of DVR'ing Cobsy shows and he and the boys have watch one every might before bed for the lasy 2 years or so(me too sometinmes but I'm in bed early). My 13 yr old boys love this show and it makes lots of good discussions with Dad. That was a great show-DH & I watched the originals..we're getting old...



    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I love Bill Cosby! I still watch The Cosby Show!

    MY FAVORITE COSBY EPISODE:

    Season 4 Episode 02 - Call of the Wild - YouTube

    Wish we still had television like this!



    BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious


  24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Boytwnmom For This Useful Post:


  25. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Photo legend

    Gold
    Dispatcher: Ok you said it is 1111 Retreat View Circle or 111?
    GZ: That's the club house
    Dispatcher: He's near the club house right now?

    Pink (*Indicates where a left would have been)
    GZ: ....Yep, when you come to the club house you come straight in and make a left ...

    Blue (*The first left is a through street, but he's trying to direct him to the street he's on, which is also a left, but not really - it cuts through and straightens out)
    GZ: ...actually, you would go past the club house. (*still directing near club house)
    Dispatcher: Oh, you say it's on the left hand side from the club house?
    GZ: No, you go in, straight through the entrance and then you make a left, ummm, yeah you go straight in, don't turn and make a left.

    *my notes
    So Zimmerman indicates it as a cut through street so no wonder I'm confused. There is no cut through street in the complex. There are only 2 streets in the complex - which are Retreat View Circle and Twin Trees. I don't consider Twin Trees as a cut through road. Thanks for answering my question.


    ~jmo~


  26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:


  27. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Posts
    11,428
    Bumping original post with snips for focus:

    Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Please continue here.



    We will no longer allow discussion of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson,the Black Panther, or the Neo Nazi's protest(s). There are way too many and timeouts to continue this discussion. We will allow MSM links to such protests, but no discussion.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

    Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT


  28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:


Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
  2. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1163
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM
  3. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1285
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
  4. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #13
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 912
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 04:54 PM
  5. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9
    By ynotdivein in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1763
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •