Skyfall has begun filming!

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Skyfall will be the new James Bond film starring Daniel Craig. IMO, DC is the best James Bond of all time. It appears that this one has Q in it, tho he's not played by John Cleese. I think like the other two Bond films starring Craig this is going to be a lot more serious than campy. The campy Bond films aren't that great to me. I'm a fan of the books and DC is the closest thing to Ian Fleming's character JB than any other guy to play bond. JMO

This has a video with DC on set; http://ontheflix.com/2012/04/06/new-james-bondskyfall-behind-the-scenes-movie-clip-released-online/

I can't wait!!! :woohoo:

In the interview DC says this one will be different from the other two. I hope that doesn't mean going off in a bad direction. :what:

Here's an article on what held up the filming of this movie. http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug/06/entertainment/la-et-james-bond-20100806

It's an old article. The movie is filming now.

Next James Bond film in limbo
MGM's financial woes, star Daniel Craig's unavailability and the lack of a shooting script look to delay the lucrative franchise's return until 2012 at the earliest.
August 06, 2010|By Steven Zeitchik, Los Angeles Times

The obstacles littered in front of a new James Bond movie may be more devilish than anything one of the film franchises' many villains could have dreamed up....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo4u99YS2Ws&feature=related"]SKYFALL / 007 James Bond 2012 Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Well, I am so happy for you. You do seem "unusually" excited about this. Big James Bond fan?

Well, I am so happy for you. You do seem "unusually" excited about this. Big James Bond fan?

I've read all the Fleming books, two of the Gardner books and the recent book by Jefferey Deaver. To me JB is a guy who doesn't get joy from killing but knows he has to at times, but it doesn't bother him that much. He's also very loyal to the crown. In the Fleming books it's JB, his gun, ability to fight, being a babe magnet and his brain that defeat the enemy. The previous movies have depended on too many gadgets for my taste. The invisible car really bothered me too.

IMO, Daniel Craig is the best JB of all. The campiness of many of the Bond films really bothered me. They used a slide whistle in one. Craig's Bond is darker and a lot more like the Fleming character. I'm a bit worried about this one because Q is in it and in past Bond films his character's scenes have been fairly campy. Also, Craig's Bond hasn't relied on any gadgets thus far and IIRC, Q never appeared in Craig's first Bond movies or the Fleming novels. It's been years since I read the Fleming novels though.

So yeah, I'm a bit of a Bond fan. I ordered the other two of Gardner's Bond novels and they arrived today. :rocker:

Daniel Craig is more gritty, less pampered than the other Bonds.
Never knew Deaver wrote a Bond book. I have enjoyed many of his books. He writes well but looks bad. Very bad. lol
Yeah, the unbelievable gadgets kinda ruin it for me.

Daniel Craig is more gritty, less pampered than the other Bonds.
Never knew Deaver wrote a Bond book. I have enjoyed many of his books. He writes well but looks bad. Very bad. lol
Yeah, the unbelievable gadgets kinda ruin it for me.

Deaver's book is a good spy novel and the main character is named James Bond, but he's not like James Bond at all. If that makes any sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back