1316 users online (261 members and 1055 guests)  

Websleuths News

Journalist Mike Wallace dies

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ace-1918-2012/

I've always enjoyed him so much. RIP, Mr. Wallace.

Wow! I would never have guessed how old he was!

RIP Mr. Wallace. The demons are gone and you now know all the answers to those persistent questions.

He did a lot of interesting stuff. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Wow! I would never have guessed how old he was!

RIP Mr. Wallace. The demons are gone and you now know all the answers to those persistent questions.
    demons?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    demons?
    If you read the linked article, there is coverage about his struggle with depression and an attempted suicide. He talked about his "demons" pretty openly.

He also described himself as nosy and wanting to know the answers. Since I share that character trait , I can imagine part of the sweetness of Heaven will be finally knowing the answers to all the great mysteries.

If you read the linked article, there is coverage about his struggle with depression and an attempted suicide. He talked about his "demons" pretty openly.

He also described himself as nosy and wanting to know the answers. Since I share that character trait , I can imagine part of the sweetness of Heaven will be finally knowing the answers to all the great mysteries.
    BBM

I hope so. I'd love to know what happened to Kennedy, Jonbenet, Caylee, Nicole Simpson and a lot of others.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Mike Wallace was among the most notable graduates of the University of Michigan (1939). He did the Wolverines proud. Rest in peace, Mr. Wallace.

Didn't realize the dude was so old. At least he lived a good, long life & hopefully a pain free & peaceful passing.

Loss of an awesome and much respected reporter
    RIP Mike Wallace
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks, no, I didn't read it.

It sounded like a weird or even judgmental thing to say. I see now.

Rest In Peace, Mike.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Mike Wallace's Michigan Legacy

...The longtime newsman has many ties to Michigan and came from Brookline, Mass. to attend the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. During his time at U of M, Wallace was a member of the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity. He also reported for the student-run newspaper The Michigan Daily and did radio work as well, graduating in 1939. Wallace continued to befriend the university, lending support to the Knight-Wallace Fellowship program that gives mid-career journalists opportunities to explore subjects of interest to them. He also donated the Wallace House to the program as a homelike gathering place for participants...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/M...z/-/index.html

I really respected Mr. Wallace. I had no idea he was 93! He had a long life and pray much of it was a good one for him. As for me I think it was good and well respected!!..May he rest in peace..
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Inside Edition Report/Text and Video

Colleagues Mourn Death of 60 Minutes Legend Mike Wallace
    Airdate : 4/9/2012

Mike Wallace is being mourned across America. His 60 Minutes colleague Lesley Stahl can't believe he's gone.

"It still is a shocker. Mike Wallace...he was going to live forever," Stahl told INSIDE EDITION's Les Trent.

On The View, a saddened Barbara Walters had this to say about the legendary newsman:

"There was no journalist like Mike, and I don't think there will be. His questions were so tough"...

http://www.insideedition.com/news/79...e-wallace.aspx

I had/have much respect for Mike.
    I am sorry to see him go.
    He is an icon.

I am also proud he shared his suffering of depression with
    others so many sought help.

Bless his family and his son Chris

Rest in peace Mike
    you gave us so many years.

Goz

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    BBM

I hope so. I'd love to know what happened to Kennedy, Jonbenet, Caylee, Nicole Simpson and a lot of others.
    Caylee & Nicole's deaths aren't really a mystery are they?

rest peacefully Mr. Mike Wallace

you 'outlived' your demons