WA WA - Richard 'Cody' Haynes, 11, Kittitas, 12 Sept 2004

emma l

Reaction score
I came across this missing child by accident and was moved to post.

Richard Lee Haynes- nickname Cody -is an 11 year old little boy who is missing under suspicious circumstances from his father’s home in Kittitas, Washington on September 12th, this year.

It was first suspected that Richard might have run away, but authorities aren’t so sure now……
"At this point our whole area has been thoroughly searched," said Dunnagan. "We are comfortable he is not within the general area. We have no idea where he is. We have exhausted our leads. We are committed to finding this child. We are in it to find him."
One week after the disappearance of Cody, law enforcement authorities and CPS representatives removed his four sisters from their home. The girls were placed in foster homes. A court order had been issued alleging abuse, neglect and lack of supervision. Police wanted to speak to each child, individually, regarding their brother's disappearance.”

http://www.crimelibrary.com/missing_children/richard_haynes.html -full article on Richard

Please take a GOOD LOOK at his photo - have you seen him recently? Do you live in the Kittitas area or maybe in Florida when Richards mother lives? 11 years old is too young to run away and be able to fend for yourself for any amount of time……………..

Weirdly, I think he bears a passing resemblance to missing Australian child Daniel Morcombe.

Here’s his missing child page

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Please help look for his child.

bump!! Does anyone have any information this child? Anyone live in the area?

I gotta wonder about the mum-she's in an "undisclosed" location in FL? What does that mean? Is she hiding from an abusive man? Or is this a story to explain her disappearance? I wonder if she's come out of the woodwork to help hunt for her son...

Odd story.
Praying for Cody.

Thats what I thought!!! Very weird that theres no info about this case anywhere, but Codys not listed as a family abduction either.

He is a very young child who seems to have vanished off the face of the earth- we all know thats not possible, but WHERE IS HE??

Theres a reason the Mother didn't have custody *but* the Father was apparently abusive(that many CPS calls? And one from the school principal? Something was up and just because they were dismissed means nothing) so it seems a bad situation from the beginning.

I hope the siblings will give more info and I wish this case had more attention!

Far more males go missing than females but they just dont get coverage!

messiecake said:
Theres a reason the Mother didn't have custody *but* the Father was apparently abusive(that many CPS calls? And one from the school principal? Something was up and just because they were dismissed means nothing) so it seems a bad situation from the beginning.

I hope the siblings will give more info and I wish this case had more attention!

Far more males go missing than females but they just dont get coverage!
The "number" of CPS calls means nothing here in Washington state...if anyone with kids irks someone else, people call CPS...so don't use that to draw conclusions...use other info, it's way more reliable.

I think a number of CPS calls means something no matter what state you live in and while not proof of abuse...it certainly is an area of great concern especially in a case where a child is missing from the home. Praying for this boy and his loved ones....

Cody is still missing. There have been no reports of sightings anywhere. Thank you all for your concern. A little background info... Cody and his "step mother" (his father's live in pardner) had a disagreement and he was sent to his room until his father got home. His family hasn't seen him since. It gets a little complicated here but it wasn't realized until the next afternoon that he was missing. He arranged his bedding to look like he was in bed. He would often pretend to be asleep and cover his head if he didn't want to bo bothered.
Yes, there had been CPS visits. The one involving the school was when one of Cody's sister's was bitten by a family puppy. CPS ruled the report as "unfounded". The puppy was given away. Washington and Oregon CPS workers conduct business as tho they were using the Gestapo operations manual so don't put to much into thier visits.
Because they did not know where Cody was or why he left, they took his four sisters and have not allowed us to see them. A judge ordered them to allow the father to visit them on week-ends. They have been interviewed and do not appear to know any thing about where thier brother is.
The mother and father have been divorced for some time and she had no reason to fear him and was not hidding from him. Actually, it turned out that she was in Colarado instead of Florida. The police have determined that she was at her mother's in Colarado the day Cody disappered and that he is not with her. This is not a family custody event. Cody has just diappeared and is not with any family members. The police and the family are still looking. Thanks again for your concern.

David

Cody's Grandpa said:
Cody is still missing. There have been no reports of sightings anywhere. Thank you all for your concern. A little background info... Cody and his "step mother" (his father's live in pardner) had a disagreement and he was sent to his room until his father got home. His family hasn't seen him since. It gets a little complicated here but it wasn't realized until the next afternoon that he was missing. He arranged his bedding to look like he was in bed. He would often pretend to be asleep and cover his head if he didn't want to bo bothered.
Yes, there had been CPS visits. The one involving the school was when one of Cody's sister's was bitten by a family puppy. CPS ruled the report as "unfounded". The puppy was given away. Washington and Oregon CPS workers conduct business as tho they were using the Gestapo operations manual so don't put to much into thier visits.
Because they did not know where Cody was or why he left, they took his four sisters and have not allowed us to see them. A judge ordered them to allow the father to visit them on week-ends. They have been interviewed and do not appear to know any thing about where thier brother is.
The mother and father have been divorced for some time and she had no reason to fear him and was not hidding from him. Actually, it turned out that she was in Colarado instead of Florida. The police have determined that she was at her mother's in Colarado the day Cody disappered and that he is not with her. This is not a family custody event. Cody has just diappeared and is not with any family members. The police and the family are still looking. Thanks again for your concern.

David

Thanks for posting! My heart goes out to you. I will keep Cody and your family in my prayers.

Its hard to believe this kid is still missing. I live in the same county and their really hasnt been much news coverage. The hunting seasons are pretty much over so the chance of a hunter stumbling onto something is getting kind of remote. Unfortunately the county is not heavily populated and the hills are forested. Recently a jet crashed over here and after a week of looking for a 40 foot jet authorities gave up. Soon the hills will be covered with snow and unless a snowmobiler finds something it might be a while until something turns up.

Thanks for posting this David. Cody is such a cute little boy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. Please try and keep us up to date with any developments as best you can- and let us know if we can do anything.

This set my hinky meter off, much like the JonBenet Ramsey and Laci Peterson cases did. Boy argues with dad, dad leaves in the middle of the night and drives hundreds of miles "looking for car parts" until early morning hours, and reports boy missing just hours after returning home. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=286593

From the article

~~~~

People here have come together to try to find an 11-year-old boy missing since September, with two important exceptions: his father, and the father's live-in girlfriend. A community search and a candlelight vigil for Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr. took place without Richard "Rick" Haynes and Marla Jaye Harding, who have retained a lawyer and refuse to talk formally with investigators.

~~~~

Something is rotten in Denmark

This really angers me!!!!
I pray to God that Cody just ran away from an abusinve relationship, and some grandmotherly woman is taking good care of him. But, I DON'T think so. Someone should forcibly make this maggot talk! AND, the ditzy scum girlfriend, too! At the very LEAST charge him with neglect and a couple of other who cares what charges, and throw his butt in the jail--general population, of course. HE, AND HIS girlfriend are PIGS, and need to be locked up like the filthy animals they are!!!
So is the lawyer who would take this one on!

My heart aches for the sadness this child has had to endure from both of his DNA donors.

I hope the FOUR? daughters are in a safe place now, as well. Prayers for the children!

Yeah, right. Car parts at 2:30 am.

Another link

Updates

We are awaiting more information at this time, and will post as it becomes available. Please pray for Cody and LE handling his case, that they find this child, and soon. Thanks, y'all, and God bless you all for caring about Cody.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

WasBlind, I'm praying for this child.

Kittitas is in Eastern Washington. Eastern Washington is desert. You can drive for miles and miles in between towns. Just brown hills. Kittitas is not a large town and not a large county. You wouldn't have to go far to lose someone, but, if you did, you wouldn't necessarily be noticed. Vast areas to search. I'd be interested to know if any SAR dogs got involved.

I do not know if anyone has posted this here or heard about this missing boy. I am sorry if its been posted.

People here have come together to try to find an 11-year-old boy missing since September, with two important exceptions: his father, and the father's live-in girlfriend.

A community search and a candlelight vigil for Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr. (search) took place without Richard "Rick" Haynes and Marla Jaye Harding, who have retained a lawyer and refuse to talk formally with investigators.

"Their behavior is definitely curious," Kittitas Police Chief Steve Dunnagan told The Spokesman-Review in Spokane. "It does make us ask, 'Why does he have to have an attorney to help us find his son?"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139784,00.html

this whole story really sounds to me like the boys father and stepmom are involved in his disappearence, it is really weird for anyone to get up and go out at 230am to look for car parts. I wonder if the police got to talk to the girls after they were taken from the home? sounds strange that they would ask them not to talk to the girls too, this man and woman are certainly hiding something, after all if you have not done any wrong doing than you don't need a lawyer present. if you go looking for lawyers right off the bat then they are feeling guilty about what they did and having a lawyer is like having a coach to help you get thru this without looking suspicious. I sure hope they finally put all this together and finally find out that the ones the little boy trusted the most was the ones that caused him some harm. those little girls might know a whole lot about the way he was treated that day and even days and months leading up to sept 12.

:twocents:

Cody's thread

Can someone pls merge them? Thanks!

I would ask that anyone who reads this thread to take a moment and say a prayer for this child. No matter what, he is still missing, and we need to find him.

I cannot speak for the father, and he is not my contact, but the child, Cody, is still missing.

Prayer is powerful. Please pray for this boy. \o/
Thanks, y'all.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member