Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
New thread for a new day. Please remember the rules

:tos:

When posting an opinion please remember to use IMO or JMO.

the crown will present its case in chapters:

Chapter 1: The day of the kidnapping. The surveillance video showing Rafferty driving up the street outside Tori's school and McClintic walking Tori up the street. Witnesses from and around Oliver Stephens public school will talk about seeing Tori.
An identification officer will use photographs and maps to show the route from Woodstock to Guelph.
Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, will testify about the frantic hours the family spent looking for Tori.

Chapter 2: Terri-Lynne McClintic. "She was an essential part of all that happened," Gowdey said. "I expect her credibility will be a major issue in this case."

Chapter 3: Guelph -- video surveillance and bank records detailing the events there.

Chapter 4: the Mount Forest death scene, which the jury will visit. "It will be difficult to go to the very place where this happened, I know that, but understanding the crime scene is crucial to understanding the crime," Gowdey said. Photographs, some of them graphic, will be used to explain "exactly how the killing happened."
"Unfortunately it is only through them that you can fully understand (the) evidence," Gowdey said.

Chapter 5: Police interaction with Rafferty.

Chapter 6: The searches of Rafferty and McClintic's residences and the evidence found.

Chapter 7: The Honda Civic. What was found inside.

Chapter 8: Rafferty's connection to the Mount Forest area.

Chapter 9: Comments Rafferty made to friends after April 8. "He had some interesting things to say to other people about Terri-Lynne McClintic and about the kidnapping itself," Gowdey said.

Chapter 10: The May 15 weekend and Rafferty's actions.

Chapter 11: The BlackBerry. The BlackBerry allowed police to track his movements April 8 and after.

Chapter 12: A recap of the surveillance video.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19463111.html

Salem's warning from last week:
Okay everybody - LISTEN UP! We are not bashing, accusing or blaming Tori's family here. It won't be allowed.
Children walk home from school every day without incident. Parents are not perfect, it's just not possible. Tori's parents DID NOT do this to her. TLM and an accomplice DID. That is where the blame goes.
We had a lot of family bashing in the early parts of this investigation after Tori went missing and a lot of baseless accusations - NONE OF WHICH PROVED TO BE TRUE. Victim and family bashing will not be allowed during this trial.
Thank you,
Salem
---------------------------------
and reposting SoSueMe's warning:
As some of you may have noticed, the members following this case are dropping in numbers. It's disheartening to us because we need and welcome discussion of both sides of every issue on Websleuths.
Zero tolerance means ZERO tolerance. Please discuss this case with respect to your fellow members. Subtle and veiled harassment and/or talking in code about other members will not be tolerated.
A word of caution on the Alerts in this forum. If you alert a post, make sure it is a clear violation of our Terms of Service. A difference of opinion is not a violation of TOS.
Please note that everything discussed in court and printed/tweeted is now within the realm of discussion. WS has never and does not now have a policy of "innocent until proven guilty." That is for the court room. Here, we discuss, speculate, theorize and judge according to the opinions we develop from following the case.
Keeping that in mind, abuse of our alert system is a good way to find yourself in timeout or worse. Abuse of the alert systems includes, but is not limited to:
Alerting repeatedly on the same poster;
Demanding a specific outcome;
Alerting on the same post more than once.
Once you have alerted a post, move on and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners.
Following this trial is very important to our members and we're going to see that they have their day in court. The "zero tolerance" policy in this forum will continue and it will be enforced.
Thank you and please carry on.
Sue aka SoSueMe
Websleuths Co-Owner

Good Morning!

090420victoria-stafford_g.jpg

DNA evidence places Tori Stafford in Michael Rafferty’s car
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ford-in-michael-raffertys-car/article2398421/

Highly probable blood found in Michael Rafferty’s car a DNA match for Tori Stafford: expert

The likelihood of the blood belonging to someone unrelated to the young girl is one in 150 trillion, testified forensic biologist Jennifer McLean from the Ontario Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...ertys-car-dna-match-for-tori-stafford-expert/

For first time at trial, Rafferty displays human-like emotion

But from the moment Lane walked into the courtroom until the moment she left, Rafferty's eyes followed her.

She is a pretty 30-year-old with long dark hair, who first met the meaty fellow in the prisoner's box when they were both in Grade 6 in Drayton, a village of about 1,800 northwest of Guelph, Ont.

I love the choice of words. lol

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...isplays+human+like+emotion/6444844/story.html

For first time at trial, Rafferty displays human-like emotion

I love the choice of words. lol

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...isplays+human+like+emotion/6444844/story.html

this is the part that gets the best of him with emotion...why this part. IMO

maybe this lady draws a parallel to him, his life before he was a nutter and his life after he was a nutter? JMO Any other ideas? Wonders when these folks realize that there is something not right about themselves? Even before the murder investigation, did he not analyze his life at any time and think geesh it all kind of seems "in the can" and maybe I should turn my life around? MOO

Maybe he was crying because he realized that Lane was a good girl and he threw it all away for TLM and this crime.

One hole that i do see in TLM's story is that she claims MR and her went to Cambridge to clean the car and change their clothes and then back to Woodstock right? The police i believe stated that they pinged MR cell phone in mount forest at 750ish? TLM says that MR dropped her off at 9.00pm in Woodstock?? Well, what I don't get IF i have the times right, that MR would not have had time to drive from Mount Forest to Cambridge clean his car, change their clothing and then back to Woodstock in that time frame. Does anyone have the correct time of MR cell phone ping and the time TLM says MR dropped her off in Woodstock?

hellokitty said:
I found the defence's theory very weak right from the beginning. And even though they cannot build a DNA profile from the semen they found in the bloodspot, which other male was at the scene that night. No other male.

Firstly, its my first attempt at bringing a quote from a closed board forward, so pls forgive me if I've done so badly! Secondly, I added the bold in the quote for clarity.

I was wondering whether there was any way for the forensics to determine how fresh the sperm was that they found? However unlikely, is it possible that the sperm was already there when Tori's blood :( got in the car? I'm not asking as a means to defend MR, so pls don't take it that way but I do wonder whether this is a point his defense might ask the witness about. If there is no way to tell how old it was, then will Derstine say the blood sample was contaminated by his sperm which was already there from prior sexual acts in his car? Clearly he was boinking at least TLM and who knows who else in that car.

I think you guys are right.

I was also wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that no one from his former life is at the trial to support him. I guess we don't know that for sure. And we don't know, maybe no one is visiting him. It wasn't reported that he had a strong reaction to BA, so she was probably someone special, especially because of that childhood connection.

Isn't AL the one that broke up him before the abduction? I'd think that he had been struggling with his demons for a while, hopefully he never acted on them. Maybe he always thought that that special someone would magically vanquish his demons, so maybe he was feeling like if it would have worked out with her he wouldn't have done what he did.

Anyway, it could be that the only person from his former life that he has been able to see a lot of is TLM.

I have been a reader here for years and lately i have been ready that some people have doubts unless their is concrete DNA evidence. Well we may or may not get that but the crown is right in saying the evidence speaks for itself. So far TLM story is lining up with the evidence. I still believe more happened in that car then TLM is saying. JMO

One hole that i do see in TLM's story is that she claims MR and her went to Cambridge to clean the car and change their clothes and then back to Woodstock right? The police i believe stated that they pinged MR cell phone in mount forest at 750ish? TLM says that MR dropped her off at 9.00pm in Woodstock?? Well, what I don't get IF i have the times right, that MR would not have had time to drive from Mount Forest to Cambridge clean his car, change their clothing and then back to Woodstock in that time frame. Does anyone have the correct time of MR cell phone ping and the time TLM says MR dropped her off in Woodstock?

I think we will be hearing more about the cell phone ping info in a future chapter. To me, going to Cambridge doesn't make sense either. I would think they drove to Mount Forest. But maybe MR knew about an isolated car wash that he could get to quickly. The place discovered by some sleuthers here seems to be the right place. JMO

Matou - I read your post yesterday about when MR cried in court, and how he didn't seem to cry when Tori was murdered, or when he left her to rot. I didn't get to comment on it last night but wanted to say it was an excellent post, and very thought provoking! Thanks for posting it!

Those rocks where Tori was found in are piles of rocks that farmers usually pay teenagers to "rock pick" their fields in getting them ready for planting crops. I wonder if MR had ever worked for this farmer in the past and knew about this secluded area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10