Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 947
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I think these parents have many, many times....some just are not listening, which seems to be the problem GZ had that night when he was asked to stay with the car. jmo
    have they asked for the bounty to be called off? I hadn't seen or heard that??


  2. #437
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Yep I have all of this. I'm at my office right now, but when I get home I've got an image already done that has that portion of the incident report narrative layered at the top and also I show there is a considerable overlap of what the SPD vs SFD info says.

    Even though it's hard to imagine why, it looks like I've got to go with fire and rescue vs what Tracy Martin said.
    Absolutely......Poor Tracy can only go by what he was told. Is it me or when you view that video with BG and they are standing near what appears to be the cut through path that they are viewing the wrong side of the pavement?? Wasn't TM's body found behind the house from the Retreat View side???? jmo


  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  4. #438
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    people can put the racism or not thing to rest very easily

    https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

    I dont recall if the demo or another test is the racism one but you cant fake this test. if you have subconscious racism you'll quickly find out.



    (my results about two years ago were a slight automatic preference for blacks over whites, I have no reason to think that's changed )


    eta yes the racism one is one you dont have to sign up for

    https://implicit.harvard.edu/implici...lectatest.html
    Thanks for that link! My results - "Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American."

    I didn't expect that since I am white from a background that I would have expected taught me a bias even if unconscious. That I do not have a bias makes me proud.


  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to csziggy For This Useful Post:


  6. #439
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,744
    Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    have they asked for the bounty to be called off? I hadn't seen or heard that??
    They want NO violence. I'm still confused by your assumption the parents are supporting violence.

    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com


    Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

    JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

    ~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~


  7. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:


  8. #440
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Was GZ taking classes in criminal justice at one of the local colleges at the time of the incident? Wonder if anyone connected to SPD taught there??
    Chief Lee of the Sanford Police Department taught at the same college until ten months or so ago. He was also assistant dean of the public safety department, I think.


  9. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Inabsentia For This Useful Post:


  10. #441
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    have they asked for the bounty to be called off? I hadn't seen or heard that??
    Then you must have missed it because they were recently on one of the shows with their attorney, and spoke specifically about the New Black Panthers, stating they oppose all violence and it goes against everything that they're trying to do to get justice to make sure what happened to their son doesn't happen again.
    ( paraphrasing as I don't have the link)

    JMHO



  11. #442
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    have they asked for the bounty to be called off? I hadn't seen or heard that??
    I don't know but I would hope so. Plus what would someone do if they caught GZ??? Like a dog catching a car they're chasing. lol I don't think anyone would be will to be tried for first degree murder just to make $10,000. I think the group was looking to find where he was hiding. $10,000 today is nothing certainly not enough to die for unless you are already a loose cannon in which case no amount of money would matter you'd just do it. jmo


  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  13. #443
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    One relatively minor point is the 911 call was connected at 7:09:34 pm. The shot that killed TM can be heard 41 seconds into another 911 call that began at 7:16 pm for a time of 7:16:41 when Trayvon was shot.

    That's a difference of 7 minutes and 7 seconds, not 8 minutes. Another factor to consider is that for the first 2:07 of the call, TM is walking in full view of Mr. Zimmerman. He started running at 2:07 into the call per GZ for a clock time of 7:11:41, exactly 5 minutes before he was shot and killed.

    Okay, use whatever time frame you are most comfortable with, how long would it take to walk from one end of the complex to the other? Is 15 minutes to walk a mile reasonable? If Trayvon felt he was in danger, is it your opinion he could not make it home in five minutes from any point in the area of the complex in question?

    Your point being that why didn't he make it home has certain possibilities to consider, such as, what if someone was waiting in ambush down this long sidewalk?



    What if TM lost sight of his pursuer and started walking?

    What if that someone had lived there longer than a few days, and knew enough to know he could run the path in red, himself?

    Again, choose any point and timeframe you'd like, if the kid was scared, he should have been able to make it home with ease.



    I'm not saying that's what happened, mind you, but what if it did? A forced march back to a vehicle would start explaining how the body could be found where this dispatcher says, wouldn't it?

    Sure, but what evidence do you have that there was a forced march?

    "Lying in the grass....in the back yard of 2831 Retreatview Circle"

    Trayvon Martin's Body Location 2 Per Sanford Fire and Rescue - YouTube

    Other than that, I can't think of too many reasons, myself, that TM didn't make it home with his Skittles and tea.
    Any one of these things are possible, sure. Just as there are likely many other reasons that don't assume Zimmerman conspired to take Trayvon's life. I just find it odd that in twenty threads on this case, there is so much assumption that Zimmerman had interest in detaining Trayvon (or worse).

    Otherwise, my responses are in red above...


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frydaddy For This Useful Post:


  15. #444
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    BBM
    I still donít get it, unless someone is in the line of duty... Where are they going with a gun?
    Where do these people live? That they need a gun?

    OK in the woods you may encounter some strange animal on 2 or 4 legs.
    But those who are not living in the woods where are they going with a gun?


    Me think some have a Napoleon complex, makes them feel something, whatever it is...
    Because a long time ago when the constitution was written, there was this little amendment in there:

    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_Constitution_of_the_United _States"]Second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    A lot of folks really believe in that amendment. Sometimes it has nothing to do with 'security'.


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  17. #445
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    He either felt threatened or he felt..."I am going to show him"
    We really do not know.

    When I was a teen ager I thought I was immortal - I think we all did.
    Nope, not me. I was very aware of how immortal I was.


  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mercuriod For This Useful Post:


  19. #446
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rochester-ish, NY
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    opposing all violence is one thing, asking for the bounty to be removed is another. Hvae they done that?


    stating that they oppose all violence = not supporting the bounty.
    on twitter, my blog, and in life I am a "Floormodel", slightly used by age but still in perfectly good condition and worth having around.


  20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Marshmallow For This Useful Post:


  21. #447
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Texas View Post
    It's sad. Hate leads to hate, and around and around we go.

    I believe the solution comes in three parts.

    1. Admit that we have a problem that will not be solved by ignoring it
    2. Discuss it without passion for anything other than justice
    3. Refuse to accept intolerance from anyone, including our leaders, ourselves, our own friends, and family

    In my opinion.
    Finally something we can agree on.
    I worry about my 12 year old son (he's 1/2 Mexican), he and his friends have recently started quoting a line by a black comedian (I think Kevin Hart) "say it with your chest lil ---". When I reprimand him, he tells me that he and his black friends say it to each other all the time. Maybe, but what happens if he says it in front of someone that's not his friend or who doesn't know that it's a line from a black comedian ? I understand the passion when it comes to race issues but I don't understand the violence. Someone called me a blank so I beat him ? The radicals on both sides are definitely not proving their superiority with threats and violence.


  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:


  23. #448
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Inabsentia View Post
    Chief Lee of the Sanford Police Department taught at the same college until ten months or so ago. He was also assistant dean of the public safety department, I think.
    Well... what do ya know about that!?! Small world.

    http://video.app.msn.com/watch/video...61%7C%7C%7C%7C


  24. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:


  25. #449
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,167
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    They have a right to carry a gun so I don't think that is an issue but to say it's not my fault because I shot someone when you caused the incident in the first place by getting out of your car???? Then following someone who was just walking home from the store because you made the decision this person looked suspicious??? That puts you and you alone in the position of control. That position of control and because you are armed means you are the one responsible for your actions. Someone who does not know who you are but that you are following them. Someone who does not know what you want but may assume it's money, your phone, etc. because you are following them. Someone who does not know you have a gun is not in control. The person following. The person with the gun is in charge and needs to act in a responsible manner. GZ was advised by LE what was the responsible manner in which he was expected to comply and that was stay with your car and wait for LE. It's a standard request by LE. All LEOs know this is standard to request you wait and not follow. GZ knew very well what he was being asked to do because he had prior knowledge and acknowledge that by saying "okay" and in other words....I understand what I'm suppose to do. By following he took TM's control over his own fate away from him. We do not know what happened but the facts are coming out and it's getting clearer and clearer what may have happened. jmo

    I would have been scared too, but
    I would have also said to myself - maybe the guy is nuts and has a gun?
    let me get out of here ASAP that means fast.

    That in itself would make me ask one question -
    Why didn’t TM move toward home in a rush. IMHO he would have been home. I wish I could ask TM why he did not move on it,
    why he seemingly took his time? MO
    I wish I could ask GZ why did he have to shoot to kill , why not a leg or a shoulder? WHY?

    I wish I can ask the LAW how are you supposed to keep the people safe if you are so dam lazy and self serving?

    I would like to ask some leaders why they deepen the racial divide?

    I would also like to ask the FBI if investigating a case a month after it happend if there is a real chance of having a clear view of things?
    Last edited by songline; 04-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.


  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:


  27. #450
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
    stating that they oppose all violence = not supporting the bounty.
    Thank you for your comment. I understood the statement the exact same way you did. No ambiguity, no waffling. I respect the strong, clear words of family that has shown great courage and integrity while they grieve their dear son.
    Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.



Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
  2. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1163
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM
  3. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1285
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
  4. FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11
    By beach in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1090
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
  5. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10
    By beach in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1062
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 12:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •