Resolved VA - Skull and finger bones found in Chesterfield/Richmond - Old Burial Plot

8truthseeker8

Reaction score
retrieved from: http://wtvr.com/2012/04/10/cloverleaf-mall-chesterfield-police/

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) - A source told CBS 6 that construction workers discovered a human skull and finger bones in the ground while clearing the old Cloverleaf mall site.

Chesterfield Police are at the site, located near Midlothian Turnpike and Chippenham Parkway. Police are keeping the CBS 6 crew on scene far away from where they are investigating.

Police have not provided any details into the nature of their investigation at this time.

Work crews tore Cloverleaf mall down last month to make way for a new development.

A 123,000-square-foot Kroger anchor store is expected to open in late 2012. Developers are working to turn the former mall site into a collection of retail stores, office space and housing.

Is Cloverleaf Mall on Midlothian Turnpike? If so Linda Lunsford went missing from there back in 1996. See link in my signature.

ETA I just read the history. It is on Midlothian Turnpike. We used to go Christmas shopping there when I was a kid.

I'm confused...were the bones found underneath the mall when it was demoed?

If so, it looks like the mall was built in the 70's...

Thank you Summer_breeze, I think that they are still investigating, but it appears that it is a gravesite.

http://www.chesterfield.gov/smartda...fPressRelease_ReleaseDate_10 >= 2011/12/31 )

For Immediate Release

Human Remains Part of Gravesite

Date: April 11, 2012
Department: Police

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, VA – Chesterfield County Police, working in cooperation with the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, have determined that the human remains discovered Tuesday at the location of the former Cloverleaf Mall were part of an old gravesite.

Construction crews located the remains on Tuesday, April 10, while digging about 6 to 8 feet into the ground at the mall site, located at 7201 Midlothian Turnpike. The remains were recovered and sent to the Medical Examiner's Office for further investigation.

Based on objects found with the remains, including nails and ornamental handles, police believe the remains are approximately 100 years old. Police are now working with the Virginia Department of Historic Resources to identify possible family members of previous property owners.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back