Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Hybrid View

17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

Please continue here.
    Remember the rules: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159[/ame]
    Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.
    Please stick with the facts as reported by LE or MSM, and link them. Link them often if necessary.
    Please clearly state when it is your opinion. If you are making an inference please clearly outline and link the facts and evidence that have led you to form that inference. Wild speculation about any case player has no place here.
    Please PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.
    And finally, PLEASE address one another respectfully. Last reminder.

We will no longer allow discussion of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson,the Black Panther, or the Neo Nazi's protest(s). There are way too many and timeouts to continue this discussion. We will allow MSM links to such protests, but no discussion.
    We need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.
    Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link or a link from main stream media (MSM).

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166793"]Thread #5[/ame]
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167219"]Thread #9[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167312"]Thread #10[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167357"]Thread #11[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167420"]Thread #12[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167490"]Thread #13[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7746243#post7746243"]Thread #14[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7749539#post7749539"]Thread #15[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7753618#post7753618"]Thread #16[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7758089#post7758089"]Thread #17[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7762916#post7762916"]Thread #18[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7767079#post7767079"]Thread #19[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168446"]Thread #20[/ame]

Clairfication on WS stance regarding the "victim friendly" issue.
    I had a discussion with the owners about how we were to deal with this. This is what I was advised:
    At this point in the investigation we don't KNOW exactly who ALL the victims are now. We KNOW that Trayvon is a victim, because he is dead. However, news breaks and new leaks come forth everyday and it is still unclear whether Zimmerman was a victim of any violence. Until more verifiable FACTS are available, WS has chosen to err on the side of treating both the confirmed (Trayvon) AND potential (Zimmerman) victim, both as victims.
    Like I said, that may change after we have more verifiable information
    Hope that helps clear this up.
    Please bump as needed.

Just a reminder:
    WS does not permit links that request or suggest sending donations without the clear permission of the owners . This is to protect our members and for no other reason.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoSueMe
    Anyone wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the Private Area of Websleuths, called SOUND OFF.
    Warning: Be sure to read the Required Reading thread. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168453"]Trayvon Martin Sound Off[/ame]
    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide
    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

After learning all we've learned about GZ today, go back and listen to his call to police.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
    After learning all we've learned about GZ today, go back and listen to his call to police.
    Can you be more specific??? I'm suffering from shell shock over this pressor???
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Talk about a ride on the crazy train today...just whoa...

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Talk about a ride on the crazy train today...just whoa...
    I knew better than to follow another case in Florida.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

There was always something so fishy about the attorneys never meeting with him face to face. Now even more so. IMO

That was a shameful display for those men who call themselves attorneys. I'm embarassed for them. Shameful an unprofessional! Some of the pundits keep saying they're well respected. If they once were, they are no longer. IMO

9. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

atthelake is offline Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    I knew better than to follow another case in Florida.
    Understand where you are coming from, but I am so very glad that I did as I now can light a candle for someone often and keep the *after*case alive for the "other" case, in addition to meeting and getting to know many fellow and mods VERY well over the years that now are here in this thread.

Perhaps more of such through this case as I'm getting to know folks much better in this case it seems.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    Understand where you are coming from, but I am so very glad that I did as I now can light a candle for someone often and keep the *after*case alive for the "other" case, in addition to meeting and getting to know many fellow and mods VERY well over the years that now are here in this thread.

Perhaps more of such through this case as I'm getting to know folks much better in this case it seems.
    I am honored to be here with you and everyone else for this case, atthelake!
    I've met many friends during the Caylee and Oklahoma girls and other cases since I joined WS in 2008 so I plan to ride this one out with you all. And, we have the best mods ever!

My post was due to my frushtration at the circus atmosphere that has enveloped this case and I didn't mean to offend. {{{Group hug backatcha}}}

wm

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

The lawyers said they were working for free until he gets arrested. I think that is their words.

15. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Vinnie Politan: "Fasten your seatbelts!"

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Could this whole "withdraw" from legal counsel have been a ploy?

I mean, things had calmed down a lot! People were calmly waiting for the decision from the SA? Now all the sudden, these two lawyers, who are not even GZ's lawyers, come out swinging and bring back a lot of raw emotions that were there at the beginning? I think their plan was to bait the public so they could get everyone angry again and hope for it to boil over so much so that when Zimmerman is arrested, the potential jury would be influenced by any countering statements/actions made?

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

I don't think a "ploy" per se

more a circus. What should have been a quiet and private termination of a relationship became a media spectacle because of these guys where they proceeded to still "represent" him after withdrawing from "representing" him.

They must practice law a lot differently in FL than they do back here in the east because I've never seen anything like the characters you Floridians come up with! They clearly are trying to rile up white people, that's my estimation with taunting the Martin family and their supporters and imitating them. These people lost their son. I've honestly never seen an attorney for someone who has admitted killing someone go on TV and make fun of the victim and his family and supporters. It's just weird. I think they are now trying to manipulate the racial angle to make it look like blacks are being unreasonable and to try and separate out the black supporters from white people in general. Little do they know how many of us white people support Trayvon's family and don't make judgments based on the race of the defendant or victim. But it's the same as going on shows like Hannity which has a reputation for fermenting racial animosity by equating the calling out of racism AS racism. That's a well established ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    Could this whole "withdraw" from legal counsel have been a ploy?

I mean, things had calmed down a lot! People were calmly waiting for the decision from the SA? Now all the sudden, these two lawyers, who are not even GZ's lawyers, come out swinging and bring back a lot of raw emotions that were there at the beginning? I think their plan was to bait the public so they could get everyone angry again and hope for it to boil over so much so that when Zimmerman is arrested, the potential jury would be influenced by any countering statements/actions made?

MOO

BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious

George is not going crazy. This is George and how he has always been. He called the cops on his landlord because the landlord wanted rent and George did not feel it was right because the house was being foreclosed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    George is not going crazy. This is George and how he has always been. He called the cops on his landlord because the landlord wanted rent and George did not feel it was right because the house was being foreclosed on.
    His former atty from 2005 said on hln that he was an 'assertive' client.

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    His former atty from 2005 said on hln that he was an 'assertive' client.

Thin line between assertive and aggressive...

Says a lot about him in general IMO
    #ConvictZimmerman

AFTER A TRIAL, OF COURSE

I do have to comment on this.

I've lived in a rent house that was being foreclosed on, and GZ is right. In that case, you pay your rent to the financial institution that is foreclosing, not your landlord.

When the bank foreclosed on my home, a bank rep came to the house with a cop to inform us of where we were to be sending our rent checks, and to call LE if the landlord attempted to bully us into paying rent to her.

And sure enough, she did. She tried by force us to pay her rent and we had to call LE.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post

I've lived in a rent house that was being foreclosed on, and GZ is right. In that case, you pay your rent to the financial institution that is foreclosing, not your landlord.

When the bank foreclosed on my home, a bank rep came to the house with a cop to inform us of where we were to be sending our rent checks, and to call LE if the landlord attempted to bully us into paying rent to her.

And sure enough, she did. She tried by force us to pay her rent and we had to call LE.
    Legally, you must continue to pay rent to your landlord during the foreclosure process.
    http://www.miamidade.gov/csd/foreclo...ion.asp#tenant
    #ConvictZimmerman

AFTER A TRIAL, OF COURSE

Maybe during the process, although you wouldn't have any way to know if it was in the process, IMHO. Once the house is foreclosed on, you pay to the bank.

Interesting.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Maybe during the process, although you wouldn't have any way to know if it was in the process, IMHO. Once the house is foreclosed on, you pay to the bank.

Interesting.
    The original poster said the house was "being" foreclosed on, so GZ knew it was in the process. The link I provided also shows steps that usually occur, so the renter would be very well aware of the process IMO.

Seems like GZ wanted to have his cake and eat it too...JMO MOO
    #ConvictZimmerman

AFTER A TRIAL, OF COURSE

30. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

Interesting.
    When we lived in a rental that went into forclosure the papers were sent to the property (us). We were to continue to pay to the landlord until the forclosure was finalized. Only at that time does the property belong soley to the financial institute. This was in the state of Texas.
    imo, jmo, imho and all that stuff

~~~~~@~~~~~@~~~~~@~~~~~@~~~~~@

Reasonable doubt does not mean leaving common sense at the door

@~~~~~@~~~~~@~~~~~@~~~~~@~~~~~

Newest member of household
    Luci, short for Lucifer which is what we changed Lucy to when we found out she was a he.

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Steft50 For This Useful Post:

Interesting.
    The best thing to do is file with the court registry, and pay your rent to the court. The court then decides who gets the money.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to legalmania For This Useful Post:

Interesting you mentioned that. I have seen apartments being foreclosed on and everyone was evicted even if they pay rent on time. That is due to the owner's irresponsibility.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

I've seen this before but I couldn't find the post when I looked for it. Just FYI, that call was George calling for a tenant at the community, not for himself. Someone posted the reports earlier, if you look you will see this on them

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    I've seen this before but I couldn't find the post when I looked for it. Just FYI, that call was George calling for a tenant at the community, not for himself. Someone posted the reports earlier, if you look you will see this on them

I'm not familiar with FL police reports or codes, but I can't see where it says he's calling for a neighbor. It looks like he was at Kohl's when he called, not in his complex.

In any case, that is not a police matter, it's a civil matter...and if what you are saying is true, it's none of his business.

I'm not familiar with FL police reports or codes, but I can't see where it says he's calling for a neighbor. It looks like he was at Kohl's when he called, not in his complex.

In any case, that is not a police matter, it's a civil matter...and if what you are saying is true, it's none of his business.
    Thank you for finding this. Whether or not this address belongs to Zimmerman was the question - whether or not it was his business is another matter. I'm perplexed myself why he is calling form a department store to report this. Nevertheless, it's not his house. Oddly, the address is very near the house where Traci Martin's girlfriend lives.

BEM: I looked at the address - 2621 Retreat View Circle - I am not familiar either, just deducing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vlpate; 04-11-2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: quotes

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast