VA VA - Brittany Williams, 7, Richmond, 18 Aug 2000

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
williams_brittany.jpg
williams_brittany4.jpg
williams_brittany_ap.jpg

Our WS spotlight no discussion profile thread for Brittany.

VA Brittany Renee Williams (7) - Richmond VA, 2000 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

(includes links to doe network and NCMEC)

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local...00-disappearance-considered-suspicious/470106

(posted today, 10 April 2012)

Virginia girl's 2000 disappearance considered suspicious

snipped:

The woman was temporarily caring for Brittany after her mother's death and was supposed to take the girl to authorities so permanent custody of the child could be determined.

"That did not happen," Stevens said.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/williams_brittany.html

Sad case. This is what happens when a child is orphaned at young age and the legal guardians are neglecting them. With Brittanys medical condition I suspect she died somehow, but instrad of reporting it and accepting the blame they continued to cash in on her pretending she was still alive since nobody bothered anyway. This case deserves more spotlight then it got.

It's saddening that this beautiful vulnerable child didn't have the love she deserved after her mother passed away, was treated like this, and that her case has had relatively so little attention.
In my opinion, the last woman responsible for her is a terrible person.
Because if Brittany passed away from a health problem, then she suffered and didn't get the medical care she needed and was thrown away, without the loving formal funeral she deserved.

Or if she was abused, well....

Or if she was actually given away, it wasn't done formally and her guardian clearly didn't know the people and... Oh, who am I kidding. That probably didn't happen.

Brittany, you deserved so so much better.
I truly hope the truth will come out and real justice will happen. Fly high with the angels in peace, dear child.

(All just my opinions.)

Her page on NamUs:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

On Charley Project:
Brittany Renee Williams – The Charley Project

Last edited:
I couldn't find a thread with Brittany's story in it so decided to post here in the hopes someone can help me locate some answers to the pressing questions I have.

Summary

Brittany's birth mother had developed AIDS whilst pregnant with Brittany. Brittany was born in 1993 with AIDS and needed constant care. Brittany's birth mother had been in touch with a charity called Rainbow Kids, ran by a woman named KEP. Brittany's birth mother decided that if anything were to happen to her, Brittany would go and live with KEP. Brittany's birth mother passed away due to complications from AIDS and Brittany went to live with KEP and her many foster children.

The children were said to be neglected and mistreated, but KEP was known to be able to sway it so Social Services were content to leave the children in her care. She was also stealing money from her charity for her own purchases, as well as squandering the benefits she received for her foster children, including Brittany.

Brittany's half-sister was still in her life, and in 2000 KEP called her to tell her she couldn't deal with Brittany anymore because she (7-years-old at this point) was "flirting" with the contractors coming into KEP's house. KEP made reference to Brittany ending up like her mother. When the half-sister said she would come and take Brittany to live with her, KEP told her that it was too late as Brittany had gone to live with someone else.

There have been so many lies told by Kim on where exactly Brittany has gone. From volunteers of the Rainbow Kids charity who claimed to never have Brittany in their care, to KEP telling police Brittany was living with relatives. KEP has never disclosed which relatives.

I've included links below to some articles I found on the story as there is so much more to my summary. I have so many questions...

- Were the foster children ever interviewed about their time with KEP, and about Brittany?
- Were the contractors interviewed about Brittany's behaviour and the behaviour of Kim and the kids?
- Was there an actual custody agreement? Where would I find it?

Links I have to the case

Finding Brittany Williams: 7-year-old with AIDS still missing after 19 years

Brittany Renee Williams – The Charley Project

Brittany Williams, 7, Was Allegedly Given Away To A Woman In 2000

The Mystery of Brittany Renee Williams

Dead Girl Could Be Missing Virginian

Virginia girl's 2000 disappearance considered suspicious

I keep seeing posts on Facebook that Brittany has been found ALIVE, confirmed by DNA. Is this true? I don’t see anything about it off Facebook. Thank you.

the fbi has not got the results back yet this is all very suspicious she does not have aids this girl so there saying that the foster care made this all up the girl said she had the dna done herself and it was a 95 percent match with her half Sister

she also has a kid that she is in a custody battle for so she is saying her parents now kidnapped her it’s a mess I guess we will find out when the DNA test come back

There is a girl that has came out and said she is Brittany but she does not have aids like Brittany did

she said she went and got her dna test done and she says she is a 95 percent match to her half sister

fbi is doing a dna test waiting on the results

Sure looks like her...cant wait for the DNA to come back...

I would love to find out that Brittany is alive and well and magically cured of AIDS despite no treatment but it's just not medically possible outside a miracle. For that reason I do not believe this woman is Brittany, unfortunately. Heartbreaking case.

I would love to find out that Brittany is alive and well and magically cured of AIDS despite no treatment but it's just not medically possible outside a miracle. For that reason I do not believe this woman is Brittany, unfortunately. Heartbreaking case.

You're right, so it will be like a miracle if it's true.
If the woman who came forward isn't Brittany, but she was adopted and the records are questionable, I hope her adoption will be investigated.

This feels like an unusually odd case.

You're right, so it will be like a miracle if it's true.
If the woman who came forward isn't Brittany, but she was adopted and the records are questionable, I hope her adoption will be investigated.

This feels like an unusually odd case.

Very odd.

The possibilities are:
1) Brittany is this woman. She is still alive and despite no treatment she was miraculously cured of AIDS.
2) This woman is Brittany's biological sister. They share the same mom and she was born before her mom contracted AIDS, which was just 3 months before she gave birth to poor Brittany.
3) This woman is lying about the DNA results connecting her to Brittany's mom.

It is looking like this is her. Her and Britney's older sister took a DNA test though and it came back a 95 percent match. The news clip showed a screen shot of the paper work .
She seems so happy to have found her real identity and her sister. I hope she sues Kim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back