911 users online (175 members and 736 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Boy Forced To Dig His Own Grave

Rev. Lonny Remmers Held In Torture Of Boy Who Was Forced To Dig His Own Grave

Posted: 04/10/2012 3:31 pm

Authorities in California said they have uncovered a case of incredible cruelty involving a pastor and two members of his church. The three men are allegedly responsible for the physical and psychological abuse of a young boy who prosecutors say was forced to dig his own grave.

The Rev. Lonny Lee Remmers, the 54-year-old officiating pastor of the Heart of Worship church in Corona, Calif., has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon and child abuse. Two members of the church, Remmers' stepson, Nicholas James Craig, 22, and Darryl Duane Jeter Jr., 28, have each been charged with nine felonies related to the incident.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ment_147191055

Horrible. I am glad that this boy and his little sister are in protective custody.
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

According to the link:

"to raise the church body to be true disciples of Christ, meaning that if Christ would not think it, say it, or do it, neither will we."
    So are they saying that Christ would commit torture of a child and commit fraud on others? I say let these three serve their time, then bury them under the church.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

From the article:

Calls to a phone listing for Remmers' church went to voicemail Tuesday. According to the church's website, its mission is "to raise the church body to be true disciples of Christ, meaning that if Christ would not think it, say it, or do it, neither will we."

They obviously follow a different Christ than I do.

Also from the article:
    The abuses the teen suffered were committed as a form of discipline after his 30-year-old mother told Remmers that she believed her son had misbehaved, Hall said.
    We have heard this before, where severe abuse was done by religious "officials" as a form of discipline and the parents letting it happen because they have so much trust in those "officials". Sick, sick, sick. Why are some parents so stupid?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

That boy must have been scared to death of these 3-the step-father will only get yrs--not enough!!
    I hope the boy can overcome this!!I wish him well!!

Poor boy will never trust anyone again. What horrible people there are in this world. I guess you just can't trust anyone anymore.

Wow. There was virtually an exact same story that happened in central Texas several years ago. Two grown sons of a weirdo minister nearly beat a child in their Sunday school to death for not memorizing Bible verses, or something similar. The mom told them to discipline her son and they beat him nearly to death. When they took him back home he was in shock and acute kidney failure, although he did recover in the hospital.

The adult sons appeared surprised that they faced criminal charges, the mother seemed a bit surprised she was in the spotlight also.

I wish I could remember their names.

Prayers for this poor teenager.

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Well, let's hope that "church run group home" is shut down and all the children there interviewed for other abuse by these a--holes!!!
    snip-
    Craig and Jeter are accused of taking a 13-year-old boy,
    who was living at a group home run by the church,
    to a secluded area near Barstow on March 18. Once there, the two men forced the boy to dig his own grave with a shovel then get into the grave while threatening to kill him. The men threw dirt on him and beat him with a belt when he tried to climb out, police said.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ment_147191055

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.