Page 1 of 41 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #8

CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #8

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
    Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

The parents and the mother's boyfriend have been cleared. Sleuthing them and speculating about their involvement is off limits.
    No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
    Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
    Social Networks
    ...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...mid=1332261677

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7702936"]Thread #1[/ame]
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167140"]Thread #5[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7759992#post7759992"]Thread #6[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168387"]Thread #7[/ame]
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 04-11-2012 at 08:03 AM.
    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide
    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - #8

New thread for Sierra
    This bee my opinion

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Search Moves to Gilroy and San Martin

GILROY, Calif. -
    In the search for Sierra Lamar, Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies are pulling out of Morgan Hill and going to Gilroy and San Martin, where they think her body may have been dumped or hidden.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-cal...z/-/index.html

This must mean LE has a lot more information than we think they have. Who lives in Gilroy?

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office has received more than 1,200 tips on the case but have been unable to find any clues into the disappearance of the 15-year-old, who was presumed kidnapped on March 16. Most recently, over the weekend deputies handed out Spanish-language fliers and talked to people at a faith-based event in Morgan Hill.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...d-sierra-lamar
    This bee my opinion

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    True.

But I have always wondered why this guy didn't remove the battery from the cell and dispose of it in a better way. It does seem like he expected or evn wanted it to be found. imo
    Like in the stormwater pond the purse was found near. If you wanted them to be found, you'd do what the perp did. If you don't want them found, you would submerge it all in that pond (since you were going there anyway). The phone would almost certainly cease to function and the brown purse would be nearly invisible in there.

I think the phone was thrown out right away. The bag was thrown out later, as the perp did not plan to go there when s/he dumped the phone. Obviously (as anyone who has ever gotten a phone wet knows) dropping the phone in the pond would have killed it once and for all. If you planned to go to the pond, it would make sense to dispose of the phone there. If you did not plan to go there until much later, or if this was a spontaneous abduction, you'd do what the perp did. MOO.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:

Investigators have confirmed that nothing so far on Sierra’s social media accounts indicates she planned to run away even for a few hours, and there is no evidence she had a troubled life at home or school.
    And while police don’t think social media played a role in Sierra’s disappearance, Glass isn’t entirely convinced. Someone who is not even a Facebook friend or Twitter or Tumblr follower of Sierra’s might have spent some time watching her online activity or digitally “stalking” her before contacting her. For example, the kidnapper might have learned from this activity that Sierra was a cheerleader and fashioned a “fantasy” about her, Glass said.
    “They might have picked out that cheerleader type that they could never get when they were in high school,” Glass said.
    Sierra’s abduction is a “highly solvable” crime, due to the same likely communication leakage, Van Zandt concludes. The kidnapper or kidnappers will be following the story closely in the news, or someone will notice or remember that they didn’t show up, or showed up late for work March 16. Especially if there is more than one kidnapper, it is unlikely even the suspects will be able to stay quiet about it forever.
    “They’ll say something when they’re drinking or doing drugs with other people,” Van Zandt said. “They won’t be able to keep their mouth shut.”
    http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/c...f99bc4961.html

much more at link
    This bee my opinion

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    GILROY, Calif. -
    In the search for Sierra Lamar, Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies are pulling out of Morgan Hill and going to Gilroy and San Martin, where they think her body may have been dumped or hidden.

This must mean LE has a lot more information than we think they have. Who lives in Gilroy?
    This was an article from April 4th. The search has already happened and I wonder if they will continue to search out in that area.

I wonder if they have something specific to know that they think her body may have been dumped or hidden? Did HRD dogs hit on something? Her clothing in the bag perhaps? Or something else? Or are they just thinking she may not be alive because of statistics.

From that same article I find this interesting too:

Detectives said Sierra did not runaway from home and she was abducted by someone who knew the Morgan Hill area well.
    LE must know something.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to curiousc For This Useful Post:

a little more info on the gilroy search last week (thursday)

On Thursday, about 20 members of the sheriff’s search-and-rescue teams searched in San Martin and Gilroy for Sierra or her remains – no one knows if she is dead or alive – and any other evidence that might lead to her whereabouts.
    It was the farthest south the search had expanded since Sierra was reported missing March 16. Detectives think Sierra was kidnapped or picked up just outside her home in north Morgan Hill, near the intersection of Palm and Dougherty avenues. Previous searches have focused on a progressively expanding radius around the home.
    http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/c...c5c74622d.html
    This bee my opinion

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    GILROY, Calif. -

This was an article from last week. I think the LE were just expanding the serach out from the 12 mile radius they had been doing.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Sierra’s Family, The KlaasKids Foundation, Child Quest International, and The Laura Recovery Center would like to thank everyone who has volunteered so far. These agencies will continue to assist law enforcement and the LaMar family with future searches and recovery efforts.
    http://findsierralamar.com/newsevent...h-information/

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know if LE has searched any of the landfills in or near Morgan Hill?

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

A change of clothes to school, including underwear? Was this normal? If she were going to cut school she would have still taken her books. Most teens have their entire lives played out on social media sites. If she were meeting someone to cut school it would be somewhere online on her phone etc.

This was either someone who she planned to meet and the person who came to pick her up was not who she thought..this person tossed her items all over the place to throw everyone off his trail.

Or her change of clothes is not related maybe she was going to ask to sleep at a friends house after school? Someone knew she would be taking the bus this is not a random act. Mo

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    A change of clothes to school, including underwear? Was this normal? If she were going to cut school she would have still taken her books. Most teens have their entire lives played out on social media sites. If she were meeting someone to cut school it would be somewhere online on her phone etc.

This was either someone who she planned to meet and the person who came to pick her up was not who she thought..this person tossed her items all over the place to throw everyone off his trail.

Or her change of clothes is not related maybe she was going to ask to sleep at a friends house after school? Someone knew she would be taking the bus this is not a random act. Mo
    Although I have toyed with the idea that she might have cut class, she wouldn't have had to bring her books along. She leaves after her mom and mom's BF ... and I'm thinking she gets home before them as well. IMO, her having the books suggests she was on her way to school.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

What if she was going to call mom and tell mom she was going to stay over a gf's house? It was a friday. thus a change of clothes!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

I am so afraid this case is going to grow cold. I can feel it in my bones.

Praying for a miracle and a big break in the case and I hope they can find Sierra.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

36. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Are the mom and BF cleared?? I thought LE said NO ONE is cleared.

IIRC: the first articles were printing that they were cleared, then something must have changed within the investigation...as the LE came out to the media and said NO one is clear..

I am wondering if we are supposed to pretend they are in the clear and not involve them in out thoughts about this case? The last spoken word of the LE is that they are NOT in the clear and no one is...

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:

IMO: If Sierra was going to skip school, her books would be at home. Why bother taking them. No one was home when she left & no one would be home when she returned from skipping the day.. I think it was written somewhere that mom leaves at 6am and the BF leaves around the same time... I assume both of them work past 3:30-4 when school is out..
    I think the books were a plant. Planted to make LE believe that she had intentions of going to school and got kidnapped.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

Praying for a miracle and a big break in the case and I hope they can find Sierra.

IMO
    I'm feeling the same way, I hope and hope they find something today. You can sort of feel the momentum fading, both with investigators and searchers as well as here. We are starting to spin in circles with nothing new to go on.

Praying for something today

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NJGuy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    Although I have toyed with the idea that she might have cut class, she wouldn't have had to bring her books along. She leaves after her mom and mom's BF ... and I'm thinking she gets home before them as well. IMO, her having the books suggests she was on her way to school.
    LOL.. sorry.. I just repeated your same thought...

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

IMO
    I hope they are just waiting till they find Sierras body to lay the charges.... They must have leads that sent them looking out of Morgan Hill.. That article alone tells us that LE is looking for a body. IMO.

46. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy101 View Post

IIRC: the first articles were printing that they were cleared, then something must have changed within the investigation...as the LE came out to the media and said NO one is clear..

I am wondering if we are supposed to pretend they are in the clear and not involve them in out thoughts about this case? The last spoken word of the LE is that they are NOT in the clear and no one is...
    This is one of the strangest cases I have ever kept up with.

Media Officers Cardoza and Lt. Smith get their information from the lead detective who is actually working the case and then they relay that information on and Sheriff Smith has to okay its release to the media.

When she starts contradicting her own media officers it is very very puzzling since that is what they are paid to do and the information is passed by her first before the Media Officers can release it to the media.

You cant unring a bell. The media and everyone else that has kept up with this case knows what her officers have released to the media and they have said that neither THREE adults are involved in the disappearance of Sierra.

There is nothing showing they are even investigating these three anymore after they came out and said they were not involved and their alibis have been verified. The FBI firmly believes Sierra has been kidnapped by an aquaintance or a complete stranger and none of these three would fall in that category.

I dont know why all of a sudden Smith is wanting her own officers to look like they dont know what they are talking about when these officers release nothing they have learned from the lead investigator unless Sheriff 'blesses' it first.

I really wonder if she really listens that well when her Media Officers updates her on the case?

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

48. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy101 View Post

In all honesty how can they clear anyone?
    first off LE has to be sure everything they were told is the truth
    Mom left at 6 and her BF left before her.
    Mom says she last saw her around 6 everything goes by what mom says
    that is the last time A living sierra was seen if you believe mom!
    Did LE find something amiss.
    Maybe not!
    Maybe!
    A neighbor? did any neighbors have kids home from college on break or have visitors?
    Do any neighbors have ppl comming and going from their homes that time of morning carpooling etc?

Who knows!
    So sad ppl can just drop off the face of the earth!

50. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 41 1234567891011 ... LastLast