Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #8 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

The parents and the mother's boyfriend have been cleared. Sleuthing them and speculating about their involvement is off limits.
No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

True.

But I have always wondered why this guy didn't remove the battery from the cell and dispose of it in a better way. It does seem like he expected or evn wanted it to be found. imo

Like in the stormwater pond the purse was found near. If you wanted them to be found, you'd do what the perp did. If you don't want them found, you would submerge it all in that pond (since you were going there anyway). The phone would almost certainly cease to function and the brown purse would be nearly invisible in there.

I think the phone was thrown out right away. The bag was thrown out later, as the perp did not plan to go there when s/he dumped the phone. Obviously (as anyone who has ever gotten a phone wet knows) dropping the phone in the pond would have killed it once and for all. If you planned to go to the pond, it would make sense to dispose of the phone there. If you did not plan to go there until much later, or if this was a spontaneous abduction, you'd do what the perp did. MOO.

Investigators have confirmed that nothing so far on Sierra’s social media accounts indicates she planned to run away even for a few hours, and there is no evidence she had a troubled life at home or school.
And while police don’t think social media played a role in Sierra’s disappearance, Glass isn’t entirely convinced. Someone who is not even a Facebook friend or Twitter or Tumblr follower of Sierra’s might have spent some time watching her online activity or digitally “stalking” her before contacting her. For example, the kidnapper might have learned from this activity that Sierra was a cheerleader and fashioned a “fantasy” about her, Glass said.
“They might have picked out that cheerleader type that they could never get when they were in high school,” Glass said.
Sierra’s abduction is a “highly solvable” crime, due to the same likely communication leakage, Van Zandt concludes. The kidnapper or kidnappers will be following the story closely in the news, or someone will notice or remember that they didn’t show up, or showed up late for work March 16. Especially if there is more than one kidnapper, it is unlikely even the suspects will be able to stay quiet about it forever.
“They’ll say something when they’re drinking or doing drugs with other people,” Van Zandt said. “They won’t be able to keep their mouth shut.”
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_b825bf1a-360c-58f9-81b7-009f99bc4961.html

much more at link

GILROY, Calif. -
In the search for Sierra Lamar, Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies are pulling out of Morgan Hill and going to Gilroy and San Martin, where they think her body may have been dumped or hidden.
:(

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-ca...roy/-/5738906/10222166/-/kir3svz/-/index.html

This must mean LE has a lot more information than we think they have. Who lives in Gilroy?

This was an article from April 4th. The search has already happened and I wonder if they will continue to search out in that area.

I wonder if they have something specific to know that they think her body may have been dumped or hidden? Did HRD dogs hit on something? Her clothing in the bag perhaps? Or something else? Or are they just thinking she may not be alive because of statistics.

From that same article I find this interesting too:

Detectives said Sierra did not runaway from home and she was abducted by someone who knew the Morgan Hill area well.

LE must know something.

a little more info on the gilroy search last week (thursday)

On Thursday, about 20 members of the sheriff’s search-and-rescue teams searched in San Martin and Gilroy for Sierra or her remains – no one knows if she is dead or alive – and any other evidence that might lead to her whereabouts.
It was the farthest south the search had expanded since Sierra was reported missing March 16. Detectives think Sierra was kidnapped or picked up just outside her home in north Morgan Hill, near the intersection of Palm and Dougherty avenues. Previous searches have focused on a progressively expanding radius around the home.
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_ca679d8e-2290-5109-94e0-c2bc5c74622d.html

GILROY, Calif. -
In the search for Sierra Lamar, Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies are pulling out of Morgan Hill and going to Gilroy and San Martin, where they think her body may have been dumped or hidden.
:(

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-ca...roy/-/5738906/10222166/-/kir3svz/-/index.html

This must mean LE has a lot more information than we think they have. Who lives in Gilroy?

This was an article from last week. I think the LE were just expanding the serach out from the 12 mile radius they had been doing.

Does anyone know if LE has searched any of the landfills in or near Morgan Hill?

A change of clothes to school, including underwear? Was this normal? If she were going to cut school she would have still taken her books. Most teens have their entire lives played out on social media sites. If she were meeting someone to cut school it would be somewhere online on her phone etc.

This was either someone who she planned to meet and the person who came to pick her up was not who she thought..this person tossed her items all over the place to throw everyone off his trail.

Or her change of clothes is not related maybe she was going to ask to sleep at a friends house after school? Someone knew she would be taking the bus this is not a random act. Mo

A change of clothes to school, including underwear? Was this normal? If she were going to cut school she would have still taken her books. Most teens have their entire lives played out on social media sites. If she were meeting someone to cut school it would be somewhere online on her phone etc.

This was either someone who she planned to meet and the person who came to pick her up was not who she thought..this person tossed her items all over the place to throw everyone off his trail.

Or her change of clothes is not related maybe she was going to ask to sleep at a friends house after school? Someone knew she would be taking the bus this is not a random act. Mo

Although I have toyed with the idea that she might have cut class, she wouldn't have had to bring her books along. She leaves after her mom and mom's BF ... and I'm thinking she gets home before them as well. IMO, her having the books suggests she was on her way to school.

What if she was going to call mom and tell mom she was going to stay over a gf's house? It was a friday. thus a change of clothes!

I am so afraid this case is going to grow cold. I can feel it in my bones.

Praying for a miracle and a big break in the case and I hope they can find Sierra.

IMO

Are the mom and BF cleared?? I thought LE said NO ONE is cleared.

IIRC: the first articles were printing that they were cleared, then something must have changed within the investigation...as the LE came out to the media and said NO one is clear..

I am wondering if we are supposed to pretend they are in the clear and not involve them in out thoughts about this case? The last spoken word of the LE is that they are NOT in the clear and no one is...

IMO: If Sierra was going to skip school, her books would be at home. Why bother taking them. No one was home when she left & no one would be home when she returned from skipping the day.. I think it was written somewhere that mom leaves at 6am and the BF leaves around the same time... I assume both of them work past 3:30-4 when school is out..
I think the books were a plant. Planted to make LE believe that she had intentions of going to school and got kidnapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni