Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

...I HATE not having cable. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by badme102 View Post
    As am I, nurse. A funeral director is not an expert in GSW's, nor is he a medical examiner, coroner or doctor of any kind.
    I think it is highly possible that TM was shot in the back and the exit wound came out the front of his chest.

I have thought that is possible also. But wouldn't it be a First Degree charge if he was indeed shot in the back?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CathyinTexas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Why didn't he man up and show his face??? I guess he's only big and bad when he's got a loaded weapon in his hand?

Taaffe accuses Angela Corey of buckling under the pressure.
    I agree... if I knew in my heart I was innocent.. I would walk holding my head HIGH... Not like people don't know what he looks like!! pics all over HLN every 5 minutes...
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    ...I HATE not having cable. Hate it, hate it, hate it.
    I pay WAY too much for cable but would be lost without it!! Although i might have a LIFE without it but I'd be so lost!!! Lmbo
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CathyinTexas View Post
    I have a different view, I believe when GZ ignored the dispatch about following Trayvon, he did intend to use his gun. He may have fantasized many times of killing one of those "a--" as he called Trayvon. Because he was so calm afterward and even had the wherewithal to let them know without being asked that he called for Help but no one helped him, etc, causes me to believe it was a calculated and deliberate act. JMO
    I so totally agree! I imagined 1st degree murder; I do believe he fulfilled his fantasy. A young black kid? How perfect. And backed by his family always, cause daddy got him out of scrapes before. It was a prime moment.

Zimmerman has not anguished about it nor shown remorse. Ever. It's all about George.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    There ya go. Al says he's happy with Angela.

So do Trayvon's parents.

Angela has been taking care of these people. She's their attorney, she's Trayvon's attorney, representing him in court ... as it should be.
    But she also represents the truth. Ethical prosecutors number one job is to ferret out the truth. So, what she said about being there for Zimmerman as well as Trayvon and his family, is supposed to be how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by mdana View Post
    I am still skeptical. In high profile cases especially in Florida, it seems like they tend to overcharge in an attempt to look tough on crime. Such as the CA case. I would rather an achievable conviction than a charge that is unlikely to get a conviction. AC is a Republican appointed by Rick Scott, who has not impressed me in his other actions. With all the cover given to SPD and Rick Wolfinger during AC's PC, much of this is just political damage control. I have my doubts. JMO, IMO.
    Manslaughter is usually a lesser included so if they can't get 2nd degree, it's not over. I think the very fact of the governor appointing Cory was damage control but she has reputation for being very thorough and a real bull dog when necessary. I though she was very intelligent and careful with what she said. I agree with those who stated she took the case due to pressure but I don't think heavy charges are due to pressure. From what I have heard about this lady, she has a good reputation. This is not Orlando. And I would hope Florida has learned from that (although I do not believe they overcharged in that case, they just got a crummy jury).

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    FT on JVM. He's shocked by the charges. Stunned.
    Who the heck is FT?
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 04-11-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: moved to SO thread for discussion
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    I agree... if I knew in my heart I was innocent.. I would walk holding my head HIGH... Not like people don't know what he looks like!! pics all over HLN every 5 minutes...
    I don't know if that is true that someone who knows they are innocent will always hold their head high in front of cameras. My dad had a client whose stepdaughter accused him of sexual abuse, and he was eventually PROVEN to be innocent of all the charges. But he covered his head in shame because he was so depressed and upset by the cameras and the lies.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by badme102 View Post
    I think GZ chased Trayvon with a preconceived notion that he was "trouble" (obvious from what he said to the 911 operator-saying TM was up to 'no good' and "these a**holes are never caught"), his anger fueling tenfold over the entire chase, he was fed up to HERE, and took matters into his own hands.

In my very strong opinion, GZ is one of those cop wannabe's that thought policing was full of thrills, attention, hype and adrenalin--and he simply got caught up in the moment of chasing a 'bad guy' (in his warped and deluded thinking), and by golly he was going to set this one straight!

He wanted to be a hero (another cop wannabe trait) and catch one of the a**holes that were never caught--to somehow make himself feel more superior and "cop-like".

Don't forget that during his tenure as a self appointed 911 agent, he had never had his 'big break' and therefore hadn't yet reached hero status.

You know the type....I know you do.

I sure do. Ya know... I sometimes wonder if he expected to be congratulated by the SPD once he told his story of heroism. I'm serious.

I have thought that is possible also. But wouldn't it be a First Degree charge if he was indeed shot in the back?
    we will have to wait and see what comes, I really feel that the Defense in this case is going to have to look at everything that is available to decide if they are going to even attempt the SYG self defense thing or if they are goingto assert some type of accidental discharge as has been hinted at by the supporters of GZ on several occasions. If and when we get a document dump and can actually see what GZ stated the night it happened then we will have some idea of what they have to work with and what the State has to work with.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sensei For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I hope everybody knows that charged does not equal convicted. I meant Zimmerman can use this law for his defense the way its written now. The law can not be put on trial during Zimmerman's trial. Because the law exists now and Zimmerman is entitled to use it the way its written now.
    I think everyone knows that. But charged is the first step to conviction, and it's on the path to justice!

The fact that Zimmerman was charged with 2nd degree means that his initial story under Stand Your Ground doesn't hold water...IMO
    #ConvictZimmerman

AFTER A TRIAL, OF COURSE

JMO..He's likely unhappy his manufactured SYG defense doesn't seem to be getting respect, he probably thinks he had every right to engage in an armed pursuit of anyone that "looked" like they might not belong in "his" condo complex.
    Anyway, this was supposed to blow over. He's probably very angry...waaaa.....
    I believe in being a resolute voice for crime victims who can no longer speak for themselves.

If it were me, and I knew I was innocent I don't know if I would be hiding my face or not. CA held her head high all the time, so I don't know that means anything imo.

Ima
    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide
    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I don't know if that is true that someone who knows they are innocent will always hold their head high in front of cameras. My dad had a client whose stepdaughter accused him of sexual abuse, and he was eventually PROVEN to be innocent of all the charges. But he covered his head in shame because he was so depressed and upset by the cameras and the lies.
    true, true.. i can see that. When my depression kicks in I can barely get out of bed so I can definitely see that as being a reason to hide. I'll concur there...

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    I was just thinking that maybe they went with second degree murder in hopes Zimmerman pleas to a lesser charge of aggravated manslaughter. which still carries a very high penalty but it could be reduced with a plea. Just a thought.
    I agree and heard a discussion that 2nd degree was a starting point being careful not to overcharge as what happened in CA. I also heard if further information became available they could get the charged raised to 1st degree.

It's a long way to trial so I'm just watching the speed bumps along the way.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I was offended in the beginning of the PC too. Her demeanor was that of someone announcing something light and wonderful. This is the kind of demeanor you see from LE when a lost child has been found tired and dirty and hungry but otherwise safe after a massive search. Later her demeanor was more serious and respectful, but really, I didn't appreciate that bouyant and congratulatory attitude when announcing felony charges in a case involving the death of a young man.
    Interesting take. I thought she came across as bright and alert and forceful. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    This is a guy who did not express remorse for killing a boy. He covers his head in shame? I doubt it. It's all about George.

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:

That is a George knowing he's special (in comparing that with his old mugshot). IMO.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I was offended in the beginning of the PC too. Her demeanor was that of someone announcing something light and wonderful. This is the kind of demeanor you see from LE when a lost child has been found tired and dirty and hungry but otherwise safe after a massive search. Later her demeanor was more serious and respectful, but really, I didn't appreciate that bouyant and congratulatory attitude when announcing felony charges in a case involving the death of a young man.
    I wasn't. These people have been through hell since day one. I don't understand fully because I'm not a minority, but this case shouldn't have started the way it did. Presumptions and race made the whole controversy come to light. I see her reaction as relief, as thank GOD a step has been made in the right direction. That is something to be happy about. I know it should be tempered as this isn't victory, and isn't something to gloat about, but that is not how I picture her reaction at all. I thought back to Dr. Martin Luther King, honestly, when I heard about the charges. It's about equality under the law, about a case being investigated the right way, justice being handed out the right way, no matter who the victim is, no matter who the accused is. That is something to be grateful and happy about. I don't see a problem with that at all.

You can look and say he doesn't have one?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Well it's quite some time later. I really doubt if the nose was actually broken it would be evident still.
    Just my opinion

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

http://webbond.seminolesheriff.org/I...r=201200004452

So, this is the face that Trayvon saw when he took his last breath. Disgusting!
    If I was a 17 yr old kid, I'd be scared if that dude was following me.

And he sure looks nothing like that old photo that was given to the media, the one we keep seeing that looks like a graduation picture. Just sayin.

JMHO

No, not necessarily. In another post, I speculated as to what could have happened to have a GSW in the back. It wouldn't spell out premeditation, as far as 1st degree goes, but it certainly wouldn't spell out "self-defense" either.

TM could have been trying to flee, shielding himself, turning to run away, or trying to stand up when he was shot. We just don't know exactly what happened yet.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to badme102 For This Useful Post:

He appears to have lost some weight. For just a moment, I felt sorry for him.

I'm glad charges have been filed. The truth should be known, for all of us but mostly for TM's family and GZ.

I don't think he got out of this truck with the intention of shooting TM. I'm very comfortable with the idea of some sort of confrontation that ended with TM being dead. I want to know how it got from a 911 call to a dead young man.

ETA: I'm not comfortable with the final outcome, just that I don't think what GZ did was really enough for 1st degree murder.
    Last edited by jaded cat; 04-11-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: add
    All my posts are MOO!

Halt, face away from me and put the Occam's Razor on the ground now; put your hands on your head and interlace your fingers behind your head.

"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is the right thing to do."-Justice Potter Stewart, US Supreme Court Justice 1915-1985

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jaded cat For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast