MO MO - Sharon Hurley, 24, St Louis, 24 Feb 1981

thank u for any help, really for reading or sharing even if no one is found at least she is remembered and forever stamped on the internet ....
I love you mom never a second to late

Hi Justice4Sharon, I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of your mother.

I know you must've been quite young when she was killed, but do you have any more details? Like where was she working as a waitress? Where was she last seen before she died, and by whom? Did the police ever have any persons of interest in her case (like a boyfriend, coworker, neighbor, etc)?

Have you tried contacting newspapers and TV stations in St. Louis to see if they'll do a story on your mom to generate interest?

:hug:

I was 6 months old when my mother died... I have alot of questions you like you but I am starting to believe some of what I was told is a lie I am a private person so know please every1 that this is taking alot of courage
I was told that I was taken from my mother when I was a infant (age unknown to me)....
I was told she was murdered in East St louis County Mo Feb 24 1981 She was raped stabbed.burnt and thrown into a river and was only identified through dental remains ....
NOW last week I recieved a newspaper clip from the funeral home because I want to know everything now so I can break the cycle ....
I have the pdf yet I need help loading it if some one can help ...(can only do so much on a droid lol) Email me ...
The newspaper clipping was alittle different then the story I knew ...
Employment well.... I was told my mother may have been a lady of the night .. My Papa RIP seemsto have thought my dad was her ...(sentive) you know what I want facts now I dont want to go ovee what I heard but all the police our there are no help I must gave called 50 times the last month wont give me anything its a BRICKWALL I was looking at the map of the area and noticed a strip a club not to far I called ask if this was a strip club in 81.guy said yes it was Diamond Cabret(whateva) Asked y baby I said a little he got upset slamme and listen baby you have to call back I am trying to put this all together

Wow.. hope u find answers. Story struck me because I was born in Brockton and bio-dad was from Missouri... odd.
Good Luck in your search <3

If it is a "cold case" and nobody is working it shouldn't you be privy to the particulars at this late stage in the case? Does that area have a "Cold Case" Division? Maybe call and see if you can make an appointment to go in and speak to either the Lead Detective that has the file or request it be reviewed by the Cold Case Team. They really have no way of knowing if it is really "you" at the other end of the line, is what I am thinking may be part of the problem. Obviously, I have no way of knowing, though.

THE PDF you have...am I understanding that you want to email it to somebody to post on your behalf? If so I can help you with that. :)

Should I delete... Scared me like now I should bite my tounge

Yes can u email me...

I said I would fly out there last time I called homocide said thats not necessary and gave me another voicemail :maddening:

Also, did you mean to put your name up there like that? I am not so sure that is such a good idea hun. Whoever murdered your mom may still be out there.

You can "edit" and delete the post, if you like.

ETA: Thank you for removing the last name.
I see you have changed it to read that it is your fathers name and not your own. TY TY

Should I delete... Scared me like now I should bite my tounge

Yes can u email me...

I said I would fly out there last time I called homocide said thats not necessary and gave me another voicemail :maddening:
You might try email or even snail mail. Did they at least give you the name of the lead detective if it is an open case and/or did they say if they have a Cold Case Division?

Are you her oldest child? Who handled the affairs of her death when she passed? What I am getting at here is if you are naturally now the lead representative for your family. LE would rather deal with just one person v. multiple family members, IMO.

Another thing, I think WS likes to vett the family members posting so nobody can hijack their nic and post as if they are them etc... You need to PM a mod, I think. Let me find the right link for that...brb

wsverify@xmission.com

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And! Welcome to WS! :)

Hi Justice4Sharon, welcome to Websleuths.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom and for the horrible way she was found murdered.

I searched the archives of articles by google and didn't find any additional information about your Mom. That doesn't mean there aren't any---it just means they aren't available through the internet.

Take care,
Kat

Justice4Sharon has a newspaper article that was printed right after the murder.
Justice4Sharon is in the process of trying to get permission to post the article in full and is also sending information to meet the vetting requirements as a family member.

:)

G'night all.

Justice4Sharon: So very sorry to hear about your Mother. If she was found in East St Louis, it would be St Clair County IL. Although the Diamond Cabaret is actually in Sauget.Diamond Cabaret is near some other clubs, the clubs both strip and non are open late, and it is a "party" area, so to speak. They have their own Police, but, I don't know, it could be East St Louis PD. I hope not. That city (ESTL ) is in crisis and very recently laid off ALL clerks in the PD.

I don't live in East St Louis or Sauget, but, am local in IL and am familiar with the area. I believe the paper in the area would be the Belleville News Democrat, although it might have been in the St Louis Paper.

If there is anything I can do, let me know and I will help if I can.

Blessings!

Wow its funny u name all three towns that was my first hurdle "o mam it must be in that department or county its not our case feels like thats exactly why it wasnt solved because she was in the middle of so many countys or wateva.... :banghead:

Wow its funny u name all three towns that was my first hurdle "o mam it must be in that department or county its not our case feels like thats exactly why it wasnt solved because she was in the middle of so many countys or wateva.... :banghead:

Well, what it is, I really think that area, if she was found on the IL side of the river, near Diamond Cabaret, that is Sauget. Sauget has a few citizens, but it is basically chemical plants (built around Monsanto Chemical) and clubs. They stay open either all night or till 5 am, been a few years since I was out late, LOL. Sauget does have a police force, but, I personally think they would have called in St. Clair County (the county seat is Belleville). Or maybe the IL state police. For a number of years, the IL State Police provided patrols to East St. Louis, which meets Sauget near the Poplar Street Bridge area. The clubs are not in East St Louis.

Am curious what paper this was in. Also can you share more from the article you have. Do you know where your Mother was a waitress? Ironically, at about that time I did do a lot of the club seen in the Bi State (both Mo and IL) area. Group I ran with frequented a club named Pops, near Diamond Cabaret. Can't recall this murder though

Oh, and one more thing. No matter what police dept investigated, the St Clair County Coroner would have handled the details of autopsy and such. Rick Stone is current coroner and is a good man. If his office can help with anything I am sure they will. He likes to close cold cases.

Oh and another thought. Justice4Sharon, you mention that you just received a news paper clipping from the funeral home. Was the funeral home in this area? Was your Mother buried here or brought back to Mass?

You might try email or even snail mail. Did they at least give you the name of the lead detective if it is an open case and/or did they say if they have a Cold Case Division?

Are you her oldest child? Who handled the affairs of her death when she passed? What I am getting at here is if you are naturally now the lead representative for your family. LE would rather deal with just one person v. multiple family members, IMO.

Another thing, I think WS likes to vett the family members posting so nobody can hijack their nic and post as if they are them etc... You need to PM a mod, I think. Let me find the right link for that...brb

wsverify@xmission.com

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And! Welcome to WS! :)

Umm.. Did you read what he/she wrote? He/she was a 6 month old baby when his/her mother(Sharon) died(murdered)... which means he/she was the only child to Sharon.

Wow I found this....

Oh and one can't forget about all the dead prostitutes that they kept finding in ditches on the east side.......Some sicko was going around killing hookers and dumping the bodies on the side of the road in ditches and stuff.....It was a few years ago......and I don't know if they proved that it was the same person or not....or if they caught the guy.......but enough deadprostitutes turned up on a semi regular basis to make it stick in a person's head.

@...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/st-louis/87191-east-st-louis-3.html

Umm.. Did you read what he/she wrote? He/she was a 6 month old baby when his/her mother(Sharon) died(murdered)... which means he/she was the only child to Sharon.
Thanks for pointing that out. Although you may be very accurate in your assumption it would not be unreasonable to think she may have had 'older' siblings - but then...that would also be just an assumption on my part. It's why I 'asked' :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back