Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: MO - Sharon Hurley: My mother's brutal murder still a Cold Case in St.Louis, 1981

Anyone can start a thread downstairs for private discussion among members about this case. I would suggest the area of The Jury Room IMHO. I would also put a warning graphic header on the thread as well. Just to give members a heads up we will be discussing findings of a coroner's report.

We discuss search warrants, autopsy reports and coroner's reports on other threads. Is there a particular reason why a mod needs to okay this on this thread? Just curious

But since this is an unsolved crime and it is a crime that is directly related to a member here perhaps it is best discussed downstairs, especially since members already posting on thread are a bit reticent to post freely. JMHO.

It looks like we are going to be discussing some very intimate details about a members Mother. Makes sense to me to take it downstairs

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Anyone can start a thread downstairs for private discussion among members about this case. I would suggest the area of The Jury Room IMHO. I would also put a warning graphic header on the thread as well. Just to give members a heads up we will be discussing findings of a coroner's report.

We discuss search warrants, autopsy reports and coroner's reports on other threads. Is there a particular reason why a mod needs to okay this on this thread? Just curious

But since this is an unsolved crime and it is a crime that is directly related to a member here perhaps it is best discussed downstairs, especially since members already posting on thread are a bit reticent to post freely. JMHO.

It looks like we are going to be discussing some very intimate details about a members Mother. Makes sense to me to take it downstairs
    CAn you help me with link to start it .....

"When we long for a life without difficulties, remember that diamonds are made under pressure for a long time."

<3

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Waaaayyy off topic:

I love it when people are so good with words, I envy them in fact.
    One member here, Believe09, has such a way with words that it has a calming effect.
    I have always admired that poster for that.

Kat, you and others in this thread have that gift too.

Me? I tend to be brass tax facts and it often comes off snarky.
    I don't mean for it to come out that way, but it does and I am aware of it.
    Always multi-tasking, always in a rush, as few words as possible like writing law briefs.

I also envy the people that always know just the right thing to say when someone is grieving etc... I always think that whatever I say is the wrong thing...and often go back and delete my posts.

I've often considered taking some kind of course to help me learn to hedge my words better. My worst part of English classes in College was the descriptive writing using adjectives, flowery descriptions, etc... lol. It just always read as "sooo fake" when I went back and re-read what I wrote. I did have all "A's" though! I just rarely take the time to use that knowledge when writing on forums and tend to now revert to texting slang even. I hated it when all of that first came out and now I use it??? lolol

Anyway, kudos to you Kat. Kudos. Truly.
    Last edited by dsntslp; 04-30-2012 at 04:29 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justice4Sharon View Post
    CAn you help me with link to start it .....
    Yes J4S I will start one in the Parking Lot since that area has other threads for other cases here.

I'll link back here for others. Give me a couple of mins

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7854899#post7854899"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

A private thread that members can access by clicking above.

dsntslp, thank you for your kind words but I think you're the bomb! Keep up the good work

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Picture of Sharon M Hurley
    Attached Images Attached Images

"When we long for a life without difficulties, remember that diamonds are made under pressure for a long time."

<3

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Bumping.......

<3

She looks about 17 in the photo. Is that a high school dance or prom?
    I have not read much in this thread after the initial posting.
    But it was my impression she was killed by someone she knew.
    Someone that followed her to the new state. Found where she was living.

Is this theory dead in the water as far as you know?

+
    Anneliese Michel

[second chapter twelfth verse of Philippians]
    ["Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling"]

Emily Rose

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by :+:MrTT:+: View Post

She looks about 17 in the photo. Is that a high school dance or prom?
    I have not read much in this thread after the initial posting.
    But it was my impression she was killed by someone she knew.
    Someone that followed her to the new state. Found where she was living.

Is this theory dead in the water as far as you know?

thats been the theory.... Still waiting on word from Detective and that pic she is believed to be 19 family members wedding

<3

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

facebook.com/Justice4SharonHurley

<3

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Sharon is our featured cold case from 6/17 to 6/24/2012

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

will it be on the radio?

<3

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

That was awesome...... Thanks

<3

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Sharon's Final Resting Place

She lie's in a beautiful place where there is no more pain or suffering.
    Attached Images Attached Images

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VioletJ For This Useful Post:

VioletJ, do you know if J4S's dad was ever questioned? Do you recall if the names of any other suspects were released? I am curious to know what made these particular people suspects. (the 5 suspects that were mentioned in the news article)

Were you in touch with the police after the initial investigation? Were there any rumors about who did it?

Thanks in advance.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsreenw For This Useful Post:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw View Post
    VioletJ, do you know if J4S's dad was ever questioned? Do you recall if the names of any other suspects were released? I am curious to know what made these particular people suspects. (the 5 suspects that were mentioned in the news article)

Were you in touch with the police after the initial investigation? Were there any rumors about who did it?

Thanks in advance.
    Please share Sharon deserves justice. From help here and my research HE is still alive and should be prosecuted if HE committed this acts against her......

I will always love you.....

And I miss my family .....

Regardless......

Time to heal

<3

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justice4Sharon View Post
    Please share Sharon deserves justice. From help here and my research HE is still alive and should be prosecuted if HE committed this acts against her......

I will always love you.....

And I miss my family .....

Regardless......

Time to heal
    Hey sweetheart, I know you miss and love your bio family and you're absolutely right that it is "time to heal". We need answers and sometimes those answers come from the most unexpected places. Keep marching onward

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VioletJ For This Useful Post:

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Additionally, Please familiarize yourselves with our TOS.

This is a friendly reminder of some of the rules here at WS.

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
    If you can't post it, don't.

Verified / Professional Posters

We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some may have special inside knowledge about a case or be directly related to a player in the case. This is all extremely valuable information for the forum. However, we like to make sure that anyone posting as a professional in a specific area (doctor, lawyer, search and rescue, etc.), or as someone with inside information, truly is what/who they claim to be. Verification is 100% optional. No posters are required to become verified unless they wish to post inside or professional information. If you wish to become verified, please contact Tricia, Websleuths owner, at wsverify@xmission.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, and your phone number and a good time to call. If you have any questions, contact a moderator.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    I guess I'm guilty of a major breach in ettiquette, mea culpa.
    I didn't want to post something that MIGHT be relevant to this case, because I didn't want to screw up in public.
    Something about this case grabbed my attention, and I started reading the posts. The further I got, the more I wondered, and finally, I was running out of time to read and wanted to tell you so I sent a PM to someone. Basically, it's this:

A young woman was found deceased in East Pittsburgh, PA under the Westinghouse Bridge, somewhere along the creek, near the railroad tracks, near the Triboro Hwy. It was the morning after the final night of the Turtle Creek Volunteer Firemen's Fair, in June. Most likely 79-83. I'm thinking more like 81-82. I don't remember if she was clothed or not, but she had been 'strangled, drowned, set on fire, etc.' They released information on a class ring that was found and that's how they got her ID. Her maiden name was Susan Savage, she had graduated from high school possibly in 1971. I'm thinking Wilkinsburg, but it could have been Penn Hills. Her family lived on Laketon Road.
    She was last seen late the night before leaving a bar, some said with an unknown man.
    The town is small and it would have been very unusual for someone local to be unknown to everyone. Several years earlier, she had been a married mom of young children. By this time, she was at least separated from her husband, and was supposed to be living in an apartment with her children and mother.
    Someone heard on a scanner sometime around 6-8 am that a body had been reported.
    As far as I know the person wasn't caught. The more I read on here the more I wondered if these two murders were related and if there were possibly other victims in other places as well.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EXIA15145 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EXIA15145 View Post
    I guess I'm guilty of a major breach in ettiquette, mea culpa.
    I didn't want to post something that MIGHT be relevant to this case, because I didn't want to screw up in public.
    Something about this case grabbed my attention, and I started reading the posts. The further I got, the more I wondered, and finally, I was running out of time to read and wanted to tell you so I sent a PM to someone. Basically, it's this:

A young woman was found deceased in East Pittsburgh, PA under the Westinghouse Bridge, somewhere along the creek, near the railroad tracks, near the Triboro Hwy. It was the morning after the final night of the Turtle Creek Volunteer Firemen's Fair, in June. Most likely 79-83. I'm thinking more like 81-82. I don't remember if she was clothed or not, but she had been 'strangled, drowned, set on fire, etc.' They released information on a class ring that was found and that's how they got her ID. Her maiden name was Susan Savage, she had graduated from high school possibly in 1971. I'm thinking Wilkinsburg, but it could have been Penn Hills. Her family lived on Laketon Road.
    She was last seen late the night before leaving a bar, some said with an unknown man.
    The town is small and it would have been very unusual for someone local to be unknown to everyone. Several years earlier, she had been a married mom of young children. By this time, she was at least separated from her husband, and was supposed to be living in an apartment with her children and mother.
    Someone heard on a scanner sometime around 6-8 am that a body had been reported.
    As far as I know the person wasn't caught. The more I read on here the more I wondered if these two murders were related and if there were possibly other victims in other places as well.

What happened I am confused.....

And thanks interesting

<3

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Hello my websleuths family in the past we brought up trying to make a timeline can we try doing this again......

<3

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

J4S,

I am so sorry all this has been so difficult for you. I would have hoped certain information had not been available to you as a child. No child should have to hear bad things about one or both of their parents. This affects a child's perception of his/her self worth. It's one thing to have to deal with it as an adult, it's another to lay all this on a child. I wish it were possible to make it all better, but I can only tell you that you haven't done anything wrong, you were an innocent in this no matter who hurt your mom. If it was your dad, it doesn't lessen your value as a person.
    Last edited by EXIA15145; 06-23-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: needed to add the quote, now I don't think I can. So sorry

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EXIA15145 For This Useful Post:

J4S, I thought this case in Pennsylvania could be related to your mother's. I didn't want to post the details of the other case in public, so I sent a PM and I was apologizing for screwing up. I thought it unusual or too coincidental that both your mom and this young woman had so much in common, but I didn't want to bring it in here unless it was relevant, then I did when I read about the PMs. So sorry, I didn't mean to distract, I apologize everyone.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EXIA15145 For This Useful Post:

Spoke to detective says there may not be anything that can be done in this case. Looks like most likely the files and stuff were lost. Sad!!!! Says he will pass on the stuff we have to a few more people and give him another two weeks. So I don't know what to say but thanks to all the help you guys have given me. The most important thing and biggest blessing of all was I was able to find my mothers best friend my Auntie Violet and she is back in my life (I love you). This was one hard journey and it stinks that it stops here and I pray it doesn't but not sure what else to do but live my life to the fullest possible and know that she is in heaven watching over me. Things all happen for a reason I was able to become a stronger person and look at my life and make some major changes because I am not done in this life yet and the road was looking dim but now there is light there.

<3

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast