Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    first things first.

You have already started a file on your mom J4Sharon. So it will need to include:

1. Her vitals from documents.
    (A) Birth Certificate won't hurt
    (B) Social Security number
    (C) Death Certificate (out of these three you really need a copy of this) And any autopsy reports if they can be located.

2. Any articles published in local newspapers at the time the discovery of her murder and any published thereafter (if any) following up on the crime.

3. Your Birth Certificate (nice to have within her dossier that you are creating as well as a marriage certificate for her if you have the time, these can wait).

You will need to keep a log. You can keep it on a thumbdrive (in case of a computer failure you won't lose the info) or you can keep it written in a notepad.

Make sure every time you contact someone to ask about your Mom (whether it be reporter, Law enforcement, private citizen...etc) you notate the following.

1. The date and time you spoke to that person.

2. Very important---that persons name (and if LE their rank and such)

3. The questions you asked and the responses they gave you.

4. Within this file make sure you save a copy or print out and keep all emails you send and all emails you receive as responses to those emails.

This will be your dossier on your Mom. As you find new bits of info you will be able to access it and also show it to any investigator that would offer to look into her murder.

I'm concerned that detective's notes and other police information may or may not still be available at this time. The reason being is just plain human error or computer error or if filed on paper flood damage, fire damage...etc. to those papers in her case file.

It is not at all unusual to find this has happened in crimes that are decades old. It just happens.

You will need to create this file and then move forward from there. Hope that helps.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Wow I ran for a folder lol thank you I have copy of coroners certificate of death, the commonwealth of MA standard cert of death, and a maden newspaper clipping
    Ill b getting the corners report from Alice(thank you)
    I want my orginal birth cert I kno I have seen it as a child the one I have lists my adoptive mother and I am still searching for the orphange I was in from a infant til 3 I was told Catholic Charties but I called hope house he says I was not there this is my best mystery lol so much work UGHHHHH

And taking notes wow I just told myself im buying a notebook just for this notes are everywhere as the thoughts in my mind

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Arrow Coroners Cert...

This is my best image and I see there is a lot of helpful people can this help....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/alb...ictureid=13480

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justice4Sharon View Post
    Wow I ran for a folder lol thank you I have copy of coroners certificate of death, the commonwealth of MA standard cert of death, and a maden newspaper clipping
    I want my orginal birth cert I kno I have seen it as a child the one I have lists my adoptive mother and I am still searching for the orphange I was in from a infant til 3 I was told Catholic Charties but I called hope house he says I was not there this is my best mystery lol so much work UGHHHHH

And taking notes wow I just told myself im buying a notebook just for this notes are everywhere as the thoughts in my mind
    If you were adopted in IL, you can get your original birth certificate now. Not sure how, I think it would be on the state of IL web site. Were you living with you Mother before she died? If you were, were you adopted from Missouri? If so, I don't know anything about the adoption situation there, I know I just read about IL letting adoptees have their original birth certificate. For some reason I am thinking in IL at that time they didn't really have many orphanages, they had the babies in foster homes. The BC that lists adoptive mother is the one they make after the adoption, there is an original on file with the state that will have birth mother's name and maybe the father. And maybe some information on them. The article I read somewhere said some have that information, some don't tell much more than one might already know. This just gets curiouser and curiouser. Can't wait to see what news paper articles might have.
    Last edited by WholeLottaRosie; 04-14-2012 at 12:52 AM.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WholeLottaRosie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justice4Sharon View Post

Good start J4Sharon!

This is probably going to take a while but you're in this for the long haul. You've waited over 30 years for answers, eventually you will find them. It will just take time. Go step by step. Gathering as much info as you can find about her, yourself and any spouses or significant others she may have had prior to her murder.

This is actually 2-fold Justice4Sharon. One is to compile information and create a working file for your Mother's murder.

The other, I think you will find, is that you are going to find your Mom in those documents. You will have something of her to have and to hold.

We will be here to give you emotional support and to provide advice or let you know where we think you might be able to find the advice you need.

Again, welcome to the websleuth family.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie View Post
    If you were adopted in IL, you can get your original birth certificate now. Not sure how, I think it would be on the state of IL web site. Were you living with you Mother before she died? If you were, were you adopted from Missouri? If so, I don't know anything about the adoption situation there, I know I just read about IL letting adoptees have their original birth certificate. For some reason I am thinking in IL at that time they didn't really have many orphanages, they had the babies in foster homes. The BC that lists adoptive mother is the one they make after the adoption, there is an original on file with the state that will have birth mother's name and maybe the father. And maybe some information on them. The article I read somewhere said some have that information, some don't tell much more than one might already know. This just gets curiouser and curiouser. Can't wait to see what news paper articles might have.

Told I was born in Clayton MO my birth cert says ST LOUIS COUNTY from VITAL RECORDS JEFFERSON CITY MISSOURI

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

:
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

"The other, I think you will find, is that you are going to find your Mom in thos will have something of her to have and to hold. "

And that will be the greatest reward .....

a family member is finding me photos (thank you) Im framing them

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

There are sites online where you can post as much as you know about yourself and your family and people can leave messages or something like that. Maybe somebody is looking for you as well, never know. I don't know much about those sites but I am sure someone here does. I know we have a nice lady that specializes in the genealogy stuff and she is great at it. I'll have to see if I can find her for you tomorrow.

G'night all.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    There are sites online where you can post as much as you know about yourself and your family and people can leave messages or something like that. Maybe somebody is looking for you as well, never know. I don't know much about those sites but I am sure someone here does. I know we have a nice lady that specializes in the genealogy stuff and she is great at it. I'll have to see if I can find her for you tomorrow.

G'night all.
    I wonder....

G nite thank you love you all sincerely

<3

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justice4Sharon For This Useful Post:

Good morning Justice4Sharon! You are getting some GREAT advice!

Do you already have Sharon's SSN? If not, I found it in the Social Security Death Index and can PM it to you. Let me know.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mayqueen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mayqueen View Post
    Good morning Justice4Sharon! You are getting some GREAT advice!

Do you already have Sharon's SSN? If not, I found it in the Social Security Death Index and can PM it to you. Let me know.
    There is one on the Death Certificate.

ETA: Good morning <she says with one eye open and looking for coffee> lol

Would you happen to know anything about the sites that help birth parents/children reunite?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

I found this but know nothing about it.
    I am not sure how this works if the birth parent is deceased.
    I don't know if other relatives of the birth mother can register there or if it is only the mothers and their children.

http://www.iwasadopted.com/

ETA: and this... http://genealogy.about.com/cs/adopti...ion_search.htm
    recommends: http://registry.adoption.com/

WS Genealogy forum: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    You might start a thread there for your mom...
    It looks like WS Mods Christee and Kimster do some genealogy stuff...

And WS member "Cubby" is a Co-mod on an egual access type single parenting site...
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is a member here that I know in RL that is a whiz at genealogy but I am having trouble remembering the S/N.
    Will go back through my posts and Pm's to find...later today.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 07:50 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    There is one on the Death Certificate.

ETA: Good morning <she says with one eye open and looking for coffee> lol

Would you happen to know anything about the sites that help birth parents/children reunite?
    LOL, good morning dsntslp!

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about finding birth parents/children. Looks like you found some good info already tho.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mayqueen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mayqueen View Post
    LOL, good morning dsntslp!

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about finding birth parents/children. Looks like you found some good info already tho.
    Thanks!
    I have reunited 12 people with their families in the last 5 years (after finding my own brother first) but none were adoption situations, so I am a little lost in that area. Good experience, learning, always learning.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast