624 users online (66 members and 558 guests)  

Websleuths News

Penn's woods

CA - Jean Moore, 59, Apple Valley, 09 April 1992

April 10, 2012 3:36 PM

20 years later, friend continues mission to find missing woman

According to San Bernardino County Sheriff’s and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police records, Moore reportedly went missing on April 9, 1992 during a trip to Laughlin, Nev. with her then-fiance Al Henderson, though some believe she never made it their destination.

“I think that there is evidence that she never showed up to Laughlin with him,” said Deputy District Attorney John Thomas, assigned to the sheriff’s Cold Case Detail. While the team has not picked up the case, Thomas said investigators at the time of her disappearance collected two binders worth of evidence and information on the case.

Henderson — who was the main suspect in her disappearance — died in 2001.

I don't see Jean profiled on any missing persons databases (I may have missed them though, please add if you see any).

She was profiled on unsolved mysteries in the 1990's and it looks like that episode has rerun from boards that discuss that show.

Jean's been missing 20 years. Come home soon.

(picture from link above)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jean was recently added to Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moore_jean.html

Puerto Rico
    Unsolved Mysteries aired this case today. I did some googling and the case is still unsolved. I'm sure she must be dead by now, so I suggest checking the Namus database to see if she matches any unidentified bodies.