1225 users online (207 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Green, glowing, whale-sized object falls from sky into Connecticut lake

Unsolved mystery: Conn. trooper, motorist report
    glowing object, size of whale, fell from sky
    (AP)
    LITCHFIELD, Conn. — Authorities in northwestern Connecticut say they didn’t find anything after a state trooper and another person reported a large object falling out of the sky in Litchfield.

The Republican-American of Waterbury reports that a person driving in Litchfield at about 2 a.m. Tuesday reported that a green, glowing object the size of a whale fell from the sky and crashed into Bantam Lake. Officials say that at about the same time, a state trooper 10 miles away in Warren called dispatchers to report that something fell out of the sky and landed near Bantam or Morris.

Morris firefighters made several passes up and down the lake in a boat looking for a possible plane crash, but didn’t find any debris.

Authorities called off the search, leaving the mystery unsolved.

Creepy!

Wow, what a story!

Meteorite? Cargo from a plane? UFO? What was it???

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Paging Douglas Adams!!!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Btw, wfgodot, your posts have been missed!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Btw, wfgodot, your posts have been missed!
    Thanks. Much thanks. A pleasure to be back aboard, spotting green, glowing, whale-sized objects falling from the sky.

When my son was younger he once claimed he saw pink elephants wandering the streets of Buffalo at 2 in the morning. I wonder if these two incidents could be related?

My guess is a meteorite. It's interesting that it would be described as "whale sized" though. LOL. Which whale? And even though it may look like it landed in the lake, meteorites are pretty deceptive in where they land. I am wondering about any noise? That stuff does make noise. LOL.

And yes, WFG, you have been missed...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Bantam Lake Ski Club prepares to welcome the alien conquerors of earth its waters now house.

Kimster, did you lose something?
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Perhaps it is a years worth of sanitized waste from the International Space Station. I know sometimes small blue icy things from planes come down and these are from the toilets! But the atmosphere is supposed to break things up on entry so.... who knows?

A bit more added to the original AP report:
    Jon Nowinski, of the Smoking Gun Research Agency, said there have been several reports from the Wallingford and Meriden area recently of small glowing objects, which they believe are meteors.

None have been described as large, however.

Nowinski said reports of meteors or fireballs are common this time of year because of clear skies and people staying out later because of warm weather.
    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...147146415.html

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    Wow, what a story!

Meteorite? Cargo from a plane? UFO? What was it???
    Green, the size of a whale = Michael Moore on St.Pat's Day.

It's ironic that someone on my local news forum posted a thread about seeing the exact same thing on Friday night, April 6th. He said he knows he saw a glowing multi-colored object in the sky.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast