Green, glowing, whale-sized object falls from sky into Connecticut lake

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Unsolved mystery: Conn. trooper, motorist report
glowing object, size of whale, fell from sky
(AP)
LITCHFIELD, Conn. — Authorities in northwestern Connecticut say they didn’t find anything after a state trooper and another person reported a large object falling out of the sky in Litchfield.

The Republican-American of Waterbury reports that a person driving in Litchfield at about 2 a.m. Tuesday reported that a green, glowing object the size of a whale fell from the sky and crashed into Bantam Lake. Officials say that at about the same time, a state trooper 10 miles away in Warren called dispatchers to report that something fell out of the sky and landed near Bantam or Morris.

Morris firefighters made several passes up and down the lake in a boat looking for a possible plane crash, but didn’t find any debris.

Authorities called off the search, leaving the mystery unsolved.

Wow, what a story! :woohoo:

Meteorite? Cargo from a plane? UFO? What was it???

When my son was younger he once claimed he saw pink elephants wandering the streets of Buffalo at 2 in the morning. I wonder if these two incidents could be related?

My guess is a meteorite. It's interesting that it would be described as "whale sized" though. LOL. Which whale? And even though it may look like it landed in the lake, meteorites are pretty deceptive in where they land. I am wondering about any noise? That stuff does make noise. LOL.

And yes, WFG, you have been missed...

Best-
Herding Cats

Perhaps it is a years worth of sanitized waste from the International Space Station. I know sometimes small blue icy things from planes come down and these are from the toilets! But the atmosphere is supposed to break things up on entry so.... who knows?

A bit more added to the original AP report:
Jon Nowinski, of the Smoking Gun Research Agency, said there have been several reports from the Wallingford and Meriden area recently of small glowing objects, which they believe are meteors.

None have been described as large, however.

Nowinski said reports of meteors or fireballs are common this time of year because of clear skies and people staying out later because of warm weather.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...erious-Object-Falling-From-Sky-147146415.html

It's ironic that someone on my local news forum posted a thread about seeing the exact same thing on Friday night, April 6th. He said he knows he saw a glowing multi-colored object in the sky.

I have heard from intergalactic authority that it was Kryptonite.

If any Kryptonians are reading here, please stay away from that area until HAZMAT has a chance to dispose of the danger. :tyou:

It was a space whale. Sometimes they lose their equilibrium and crash. But they melt in water so you won't find any traces.

Hard to think of good puns for this one: "In returning to earth and in keeping with the present-day environmental movement, white whale Moby Dick has gone green" just doesn't have the correct cadence to it.

http://www.purdue.edu/impactearth

Is taking a while to load for me. Could be my internet though. (I used to swear they had squirrels on a gerbil treadmill powering the internet here in Hawaii, but since squirrels are illegal here and none can be found---I've decided they use mongoose's because they are everywhere here).

If someone gets it to load, put in parameters of a whale and see what it gets up? :)

so they looked for debris on the surface of the lake or did they actually look under the water where the huge meteorite would've sank had it actually landed in the lake?

~sigh~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back