1232 users online (235 members and 997 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

‘McDonald’s made me a prostitute:’ - woman sues fast food giant

"A woman went from fast food to life in the fast lane -- and she says its all McDonald’s fault."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1rqKBzXIC -

This has to be one of the weirdest lawsuits ever. It was 20 years ago, that she worked at a McDonalds.

Ronald McDonald's clothing selections always have had a certain pimp-like flair.

Quote Originally Posted by w1df10wr View Post
    "A woman went from fast food to life in the fast lane -- and she says its all McDonald’s fault."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1rqKBzXIC -

This has to be one of the weirdest lawsuits ever. It was 20 years ago, that she worked at a McDonalds.

‘McDonald’s made me a prostitute:’

Well that explains all the clowns she's been hangin' out with.
    What's her selling line ? "Hey buddy, want a cheap date?"
    2 for 1 Wednesdays?
    Wanna Happy Meal?

This is why people hate lawyers.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Ummmm....what about statute of limitations? Is she serious, or are we being punked?

Suing McD's is a favorite American pastime.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Apparently Vegas only has the one McDonalds?

Nuisance suit. Hope McDonalds doesn't give her a DIME.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaTeresa View Post
    This is why people hate lawyers.
    And, I can only assume, why her lawyer must hate people.

Oh boo-hoo-hoo, poor McDonald's, poisoning the planet by ruining public health for decades and decades and now having to put a couple of its many attorneys into court to get this dismissed. Of course this is a crap suit - but it's a crap suit against a crap organization, so I call it even.

LOL @ wfgodot

I am no big fan of Micky D's but being in the legal field, I cringe whenever I see the taxpayer dollars going to waste adjudicating BS cases such as this. Cases such as this bog down the whole system. Not to mention makes people dislike lawyers and hey, lawyers are some of my favorite people so I dislike cases such as this for several reasons.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Ummmm....what about statute of limitations? Is she serious, or are we being punked?
    I vote for punked

if it's not a joke, I think she needs some mental help and fast

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Apparently Vegas only has the one McDonalds?

Nuisance suit. Hope McDonalds doesn't give her a DIME.
    This is why losers should have to pay all the court costs and winners fees. No wonder everything, including medical costs, are sky high.
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

She could have gone after Hostess for making Ho Hos.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ho_Hos"]Ho Hos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

IF any of this from the OP link is true:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1rqKBzXIC
    BBM
    The trouble began in 1982 when Handley hired her to work at the counter in Arroyo Grande, California. The two began dating in 1985, but things got rocky when she lost her job.

Lynn says that Handley, who still runs the franchise, forced her termination to make her more vulnerable to his demands.

McDonald's had no policy in place whereby Lynn could have filed a grievance against Handley, Ivernia, and McDonald's,” she said in the filed court documents.
    then I do not feel this is frivolous. Far less frivolous than the lady who sued them for serving her hot coffee and burning herself with it. I expect my coffee to be hot and would be pizzed if it were not. I do not expect to be harassed at my work with no avenue to address the issue even if I allowed myself to become involved with my boss - often times it isn't the woman's choice if she wants to keep her job. And as far as simply moving to a different store....not if the manager puts in a bad word about her to the other managers because wants her under his control. If this woman can prove these allegations then I say more power to her. There are far more frivolous things clogging up our courts right now than this IMO.

Imagine for one second if what she says is true. Or even partially true. How would you feel if this were your sister? Would you really want the case simply thrown out without looking into what she is saying?

The unfortunate headline on this article is doing nothing to help this woman's case.
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast