Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Praying for the safety of this little girl
    England's dancing days are done...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

When I first heard about this I guessed drugs were involved somehow. Praying that there will be a peaceful resolution and that Porshia will soon be found safe!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MountainLover For This Useful Post:

Just ran a quick search for any new news. Nothing.

Will continue in my prayers...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:

I wonder if by "drug user" they mean IV drug use as in slamming Roxies or heroin etc...

Thinking aloud, speculation only.
    No idea how much $ this guy had on him at the time or how much he has access to through a debit card...at some point if he runs out of $ he will turn to robberies etc...to support his habit. Scary stuff with a child in the car. If he is an IV drug user, without his fix, he will get very, very sick...should not be driving...

The fact that he did not kill his parents gives me hope for his daughter.
    If he is a severe addict I pray that withdrawals and depression do not lead him to such a point that he fears there is no other way out than to take her with him when he goes, so to speak.
    Many prayers, many, many prayers.

No more sightings reported? No locals saying choppers in the air today?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

Tracey Atwell's Father Speaks to the Media

http://www.wvnstv.com/story/17402375...idnapping-case (video included)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Update: They think the mother had been deceased for 2-3 days and he is carring a .357 Magnum.

http://www.wsaz.com/breaking/home/BR...147249285.html

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Did Mr. Atwell (father of Tracey) speak on the video? Not when I viewed it...

The text article says:

He said he just wants Tracey to leave Porshia somewhere safe.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Update: They think the mother had been deceased for 2-3 days and he is carring a .357 Magnum.

Wonder where he's been for those 2-3 days...possibly there are friends or acquaintances who will come forward. Perhaps that will indicate his plans or other info to find them. Or maybe someone in the community saw him wherever.

I'm shocked that poor Christina may have been dead for 2-3 days...and then he goes and gets little Porshia. I guess due to the drug "thing", maybe his first priority was money (and to run)...breaks in, robs his own parents and takes his daughter with him. She may have just been an afterthought to him, or just hostage value.

My heart hurts for her, and compassion for his parents (and all other family and friends).

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

"Sgt. Clemmons says they believe Atwell is still in the area, unless someone has helped him financially to get out of town."
    =======

So they think he is pretty broke...

Cazzie, no, I didn't see him speak either. They just printed that one blurb.

My heart really hurts for the Grandparents and any other family members, friends of Porshia, every minute of this must seem like eternity to them.

ETA: LOL Cazzie, two minds with one thought posting at the same time. in re: the Grands/family etc...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dsntslp For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post

"Sgt. Clemmons says they believe Atwell is still in the area, unless someone has helped him financially to get out of town."
    =======

So they think he is pretty broke...

Cazzie, no, I didn't see him speak either. They just printed that one blurb.

My heart really hurts for the Grandparents and any other family members, friends of Porshia, every minute of this must seem like eternity to them.

ETA: LOL Cazzie, two minds with one thought posting at the same time. in re: the Grands/family etc...
    Unless he has drug connections afar, he will prolly stay in the area. IMO
    It's all RUMOR at this point (article comments), but apparently he's had many years with prescription drug abuse...and being enabled. The deceased mother as well. What a mess...and quite a resemblence to little Haleigh's case.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Did Mr. Atwell (father of Tracey) speak on the video? Not when I viewed it...

The text article says:
    I think the video is coming after the 6pm news, but I'm not sure.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Unless he has drug connections afar, he will prolly stay in the area. IMO
    It's all RUMOR at this point (article comments), but apparently he's had many years with prescription drug abuse...and being enabled. The deceased mother as well. What a mess...and quite a resemblence to little Haleigh's case.
    I really don't see any similarity to Haleigh's case, except for the drugs, but a lot of cases have that in common.

In most of these articles linked, it plainly says he tied his parents up and robbed them. Who knows how much money they may have had, as well as things he could quickly sell for cash. He also could have gotten credit/debit cards off them as well, so he may not run out of money for a few days.

He may not intend to harm the little girl, let's just hope he doesn't try to sell her.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Just a little map of the area:

A = where they found Christina

B = his parents house location

C = sighting

D = one of the area's he has links to...ie, he lived there at some point

http://g.co/maps/t8zme

ETA: I also found Christina's brother's FB, but don't think I''m allowed to post.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

I hope he took their ATM card and they are letting him use it along the way. I do not want him to feel any more desperate than he already feels.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

On NG's blog. Maybe, just maybe she'll cover it tonight. Now that they arrested Travon's murderer, she'll get to other cases. http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2012...ll/?hpt=ng_mid

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast