Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
    KAKE storm chaser following the wall cloud http://www.tornadovideos.net/pages/full_screen/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

My forecast here in the northeastern-most corner of Oklahoma tonight: (70% chance right now) Windy... strong thunderstorms during the evening will give way to partly cloudy skies after midnight. Damaging winds, large hail, and possibly a tornado with some storms. Low near 60F. S winds at 20 to 30 mph, diminishing to 10 to 15 mph.

And Joplin's, just to the northeast of me:
    JOPLIN, Mo. — The Joplin area this afternoon could experience possible severe thunderstorms capable of producing baseball-sized hail, damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two, according to the National Weather Service forecast office at Springfield.

Isolated to scattered thunderstorms this afternoon will give way to increasingly severe weather this evening.

The storms will intensify as a warm front “with deep gulf moisture’’ surges north across southern Missouri and an upper-level disturbance with cooler air moves to the east.

Andy Foster, a meteorologist with the NWS office, in a taped recording, said the clashing air masses and sufficient wind shear could produce supercell thunderstorms capable of producing “a tornado or two’’ between 4 and 6 p.m. today in the Four-State Area.

Straight-line winds of 60 mph are likely to accompany the storms.

Keith Stammer, head of emergency management for Joplin and Jasper County, said Friday afternoon that storms forming in the Wichita, Kan., area will likely head east, affecting counties north of Interstate 44 and west of Highway 65 at Springfield.

“This does include Jasper County, but we are on the extreme south edge of that area. The most at-risk area would be north of us,’’ he said.
    http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/x13...or-Joplin-area

So it may just edge by us, but somebody's going to get it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Oh, man, not again...

How does tomorrow look? I didn't hear of this at all today, so I'm hoping, since I'm no where near a local, that warnings and watches have been issued, and people are taking appropriate measures as to their safety.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:

Not sure where the weather is tonight, but what I posted above has to be the worst forecast in the history of The Weather Channel. Not complaining, of course - always good to miss baseball-sized hail and a tornado or two, but it didn't even get cloudy around here this afternoon, this evening, or, so far, tonight. Neither was there anything even vaguely threatening for miles and miles west of here, or south of here, either or both of which are the ways our weather comes. On the other hand, Weather Underground had right on the button - slight chance of showers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Joe Strauss ‏ @JoeStrauss Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Storm sirens going off in downtown STL.
    tweeted 6 minutes ago

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

When deadly twisters chewed through the South and Midwest in 2011, thousands of people in the killers' paths had nowhere to hide. Now many of those families are taking an unusual extra step to be ready next time: adding tornado shelters to their homes.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ter/54628850/1
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

We got hit bad last night around 6ish. No tornado thankfully, but hail, strong winds, and tons of rain for about 45 minutes. We had golf ball size (some people had 3 inch hail) hail at my house and the sky went from cloudy to black/green in 3 minutes flat. It was scary!!! There was a wall cloud reported a couple miles from my house. Supposed to get more storms tonight. **sigh**
    Where are you Baby Lisa????

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prayers4missing For This Useful Post:

We had a huge thunderstorm come through this a.m.

Knocked out power, lightening struck one of my favorite trees, split it in half, and were without internet until 20 minutes ago.

My poor Serra (lab) had to have a sedative. The thunder was some of the worst I've ever heard!
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:

In Ottawa County, a Welch woman was injured when straight-line winds lifted the roof off her house, and winds knocked down power lines and trees about a foot in diameter just southwest of Miami, authorities said. (Tulsa World)
    A sampling of the local weather excitement in the early a.m. hours today. Slept right through it, only vaguely aware of howling winds and hellish thunder. Electricity appears to have been off for a bit too. About eight-tenths of an inch of rain along with it, in a very short period of time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Thunderstorms with lots of lightning moving into my area. Have a great day everyone and be safe
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20