TX - 4th Grade Teacher Requires Students To Become Penpals With Child Molestor

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
The pen pal is Ricky Ray Rowlett, a man accused then convicted of raping a girl under the age of 14. Rowlett was sentenced to 50 years in prison for the crime.

The teacher at Houston’s Trinity Lutheran, however, is a family friend of Rowlett who believed he was wrongly accused. As a part of a class project, the teacher required students to share info with the inmate like their full names, description of their appearance, and their favorite things to do. The assignment only came to light when investigators happened to find the letters in Rowlett’s cell. The school’s administration was quickly notified, and fired the teacher immediately. The Trinity Lutheran principal was also placed on paid leave.

Snipped: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/04/1...-become-pen-pals-with-accused-child-molester/

From the OP link:

The assignment only came to light when investigators happened to find the letters in Rowlett’s cell.
Not one of these kids mentioned the assignment to their parent(s)? That is sad.

But perhaps the "teacher" did not mention that the letters were going to a prison inmate.

And how did the letters get to the inmate's cell? Thru regular mail policies in the prison administration? I thought all mail was read by administration before giving to the inmates? Maybe some more heads need to roll.

:eek:

If exTeach would like to send me her name and address, a description and a list of what she likes to do I know a few rapists who would love to have her as a pen pal. They will tell her they aren't guilty too.

How sickening. Children don't need to be writing any strangers at all whether they're nuns in another country or inmates. Also, they are way too young to understand or even need to know that some people can be wrongly accused then locked up. Not that this inmate was actually wrongly accused just because some woman thinks he was. I wonder if she knew him before prison or if she became one of those prison girlfriends being manipulated.

WTactualF???

Good grief... I mean... Okay, I see that they're a religious school. I can possibly see older students, say, high school age, who, as part of religion curriculum, correspond with a NON VIOLENT INMATE (thinking of how, in the Catholic faith, "visiting the imprisoned" is one of the corporal works of mercy), with no personal info, and letters monitored, etc.

But fourth graders? Corresponding with a convicted child abuser? And giving personal details??

I say again... WTactualF....was this woman thinking?

Of course, with the additional info now out, looks suspiciously like it was maybe a way to find new victims for her husband? :puke:

The pen pal is Ricky Ray Rowlett, a man accused then convicted of raping a girl under the age of 14. Rowlett was sentenced to 50 years in prison for the crime.

The teacher at Houston’s Trinity Lutheran, however, is a family friend of Rowlett who believed he was wrongly accused. As a part of a class project, the teacher required students to share info with the inmate like their full names, description of their appearance, and their favorite things to do. The assignment only came to light when investigators happened to find the letters in Rowlett’s cell. The school’s administration was quickly notified, and fired the teacher immediately. The Trinity Lutheran principal was also placed on paid leave.

Snipped: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/04/1...-become-pen-pals-with-accused-child-molester/

I read the thread topic and thought it must be a joke. That teacher should be jailed, charged with child endangerment. Come on!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/national/041312-students-become-pen-pals-with-a-molester

Updated: Friday, 13 Apr 2012, 6:59 PM EDT

snipped:

For several months, the students shared personal information in the letters, including full names, what they look like and hobbies. They even expressed a desire to meet the molester once he is released.

It is not clear whether all the letters have been recovered, and there are fears they may have been shared with other inmates charged with sex crimes.

That makes my stomach clinch up with fear for these kids.

kat, that is just what I was going to say: no telling how many other pedos now have a letter from the class project and are getting their jollies over it.

this is absolutely disgusting!

(and then the bit about her husband... well.....-------------> :thud:)

Children that young didn't inform parents they were writing to someone in jail? Did she have them write during class?

Most likely the kids thought they were writing a letter to a friend of the teachers. And if they mentioned it at home, that was probably how the kids described it.

After hearing about the hubby being into *advertiser censored* as well as the 'friends" offenses I am really questioning this teacher's motives. Could she be acting as a source to feul the molesters fantasy's, as well as beginning grooming for the hubby? If anyone's kids went home with her or went somewhere with her parents better be talking to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back