650 users online (77 members and 573 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Canada - 13 Year Old Faces Multiple Sex Assault Charges

Teen Faces Multiple Sex Assault Charges

This happened in the town I live in.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...aspx?e=3532109

INNISFIL – A 13-year-old boy is facing 24 sex related charges relating to his job baby sitting three young girls last year.

South Simcoe Police say they received a call Dec. 8 2011 after an alleged incident occurred at the girls’ home Dec. 2 while the young boy was in charge

Okay, I gotta ask? This was the best child care setup they could find? A thirteen year old boy to watch three young girls? Not that some kids can't be great babysitters, whether it's a boy or a girl, but I wouldn't have left a thirteen year old in charge of three kids, at all. And then you have to figure in that a thirteen year old boy is usually going to be a walking ball of hormones anyway...recipe for something bad to happen, no matter how you slice it.

None of that is said to minimize his culpability, because at thirteen, normal kids, and even those that are somewhat abnormal know where the boundaries are, and that there are consequences for pushing them too far, and thirteen year olds know that they can cause harm to younger kids, but that doesn't give them the right to do so.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Okay, I gotta ask? This was the best child care setup they could find? A thirteen year old boy to watch three young girls? Not that some kids can't be great babysitters, whether it's a boy or a girl, but I wouldn't have left a thirteen year old in charge of three kids, at all. And then you have to figure in that a thirteen year old boy is usually going to be a walking ball of hormones anyway...recipe for something bad to happen, no matter how you slice it.

None of that is said to minimize his culpability, because at thirteen, normal kids, and even those that are somewhat abnormal know where the boundaries are, and that there are consequences for pushing them too far, and thirteen year olds know that they can cause harm to younger kids, but that doesn't give them the right to do so.
    You don't know the story. Its so easy to quickly critisize others but if you don't have all the facts then its wrong to critisize. I happen to be a friend of the family that this happened to. They had 2 other sitters that we're girls but quit. They also live on a country road with only 10 other houses. Slim pickings for parents desperatly needing a babysitter for a few hours after school. The only other option was the boy whom they have known for 6 years and trusted as well as knowing the parents. Many families have a family member that could help at least. Not this family. Unfortunately, many parents have to use outside help and hope that who they hire to watch their kids will be responsible. Many hire people they don't know at all and hope they chose wisely. My husband used to babysit as a teen and was requested by the kids over his sisters all the time since he was such a fun babysitter who loved playing with the kids he took care of. Was it wrong or stupid for all those parents to trust the care of their children with a teenage boy? There are so many adult men who molest and sexually assault children. Who says its stupid of a parent to trust a 13 year old male teenager to babysit their children as opposed to an adult male who is capable of the same things, even family members such as a grandparent or an uncle. Its so easy for you and others to say "I would never do what that parent did".
    You are not in the shoes of this family.
    Bottom line is that what the 13 year old teenager did was very bad.
    The parents who trusted him to babysit their kids are in no way wrong for using him. He was someone they had known for years as well as the parents. They simply trusted him and never imagined he would do such a thing.
    Thankgoodness as well that he was caught at such a young age. Who knows how this boy could of turned out with the what he did to those girls at 13 knowing full well that its wrong to do what he did.
    This teenager could become a rapist or an adult phedophile. He needs help and I applaud the parents of the girls who bravely are trying to fix what happened to them and hopefully prevent this teenage boy from causing harm to others.
    My heart goes out to the girls and their parents.
    Last edited by gho333; 04-15-2012 at 09:49 PM.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    IMO, 13 is far too young to be watching three children. 13 year-olds are not mature enough to handle the stress and do not have adequate world experience to handle crises properly. I suppose that's neither here nor there now, since this particular 13 year old may have done something horrible to three vulnerable girls whose parents will forever regret the decision to hire the boy.

I feel somewhat bad for the parents but I feel worse for the victims. I hope an investigation is done into the suspect's life circumstances because obviously he was abused at some point. There is a monster somewhere in his life who needs to be held accountable as well.

I hope the girls and their parents can heal (eventually) and live a peaceful life. I hope the boy gets some intense treatment because he may not actually *be* a pedophile (yet) - he may have been acting out his rage and repeating what was done to him. He may not be too far gone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    IMO, 13 is far too young to be watching three children. 13 year-olds are not mature enough to handle the stress and do not have adequate world experience to handle crises properly. I suppose that's neither here nor there now, since this particular 13 year old may have done something horrible to three vulnerable girls whose parents will forever regret the decision to hire the boy.

I feel somewhat bad for the parents but I feel worse for the victims. I hope an investigation is done into the suspect's life circumstances because obviously he was abused at some point. There is a monster somewhere in his life who needs to be held accountable as well.

I hope the girls and their parents can heal (eventually) and live a peaceful life. I hope the boy gets some intense treatment because he may not actually *be* a pedophile (yet) - he may have been acting out his rage and repeating what was done to him. He may not be too far gone yet.

I appreciate your comments but by the law 12 years old is the legal age in Ontario to babysit other people's children not to mention the oldest child he was also help babysitting was 10 years old who was also to assist him with the babysitting. These we're not babies he was responsible for. The only stress involved is the sexual assault HE did to thses girls. He created the stress with his actions towards these kids he was babysitting. He created the crises not the kids he was babysitting. All he had to do was watch them and keep them safe for a few hours until the parents came home. What crises are you talking about except what has been done by the babysitter himself TO the children in his care?
    Last edited by gho333; 04-15-2012 at 10:37 PM.