498 users online (77 members and 421 guests)  

Websleuths News

NV - I-80 Serial Killer?

Officials aren't saying for sure. But they are looking at similarities between two cases: Patrick Carnes and Judith Casita. This is an article from last year, but I wanted it posted because of some info it contains. Both were last known to be in their cars. Both their cars were found in a field near the same exit.

To the east, Utah authorities are looking for a young man who disappeared in May along I-80 near Dugway. To the west, an elderly hitchhiker vanished in April in California's Humboldt County. Is it possible that the trucker who was traveling with Carnes is a killer -- even a serial killer -- maybe a husband and wife team who somehow gained Carnes' trust along the road?

"We got into the scenario with truckers. Pat, prior to getting into computers, was a trucker in southern California and had an admiration for truckers -- trusted truckers," said Kull

In 2009, the FBI established a task force to look at serial killers working as truck drivers. Since then, the bureau has profiled more than 200 possible trucker killers and more than 500 murder victims, many of them prostitutes.

At least 10 suspected serial killers have been arrested, including Chester Todd who was picked up in February in Las Vegas, suspected in a string of rapes and murders.

The bureau has a map of possible trucker slayings, including six in Nevada, but, has done little to publicize the task force and would not comment on this report.
    http://www.8newsnow.com/story/150423...type=printable
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Nevada police agencies are receiving help from the FBI in searching for what could be a serial killer operating on our interstate highways.

One year ago, a Reno man vanished from Interstate 80 near Winnemucca, Nevada. An I-Team investigation found that police there had reason to believe that a serial killer, or more than one, could be responsible.
    http://www.8newsnow.com/story/174267...ssing-reno-man

Patrick Carnes and Lucky: Are they victims of an I-80 serial killer?
    http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...-serial-killer

Carnes had his dog with him when he disappeared
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I was traveling I-80 during that time. Five days a week. We were all on high alert and when we were at the break checks we would look out for each other. we would run the hill in pairs. Two trucks or more at a time and in constant contact with each other. The CHP were very aware of every one and would stop any one but we knew why they were doing it so we just complied and hoped the people were caught.
    Unfortunatly, I have had experience with being near or in the vacinity of a serial killer without knowing it until after the fact. Growing up it was Charles Ing and Leonard Lake in Wylsyville, Ca. Whom I stood in line at the store with. The Speed Freak killers, which one of them worked on a construction job with my father and myself, then to my horror I was put on alert by the I-80 situation. I am wary of EVERYONE!!!!

Wow! Those were some scary dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by newangles View Post
    I was traveling I-80 during that time. Five days a week. We were all on high alert and when we were at the break checks we would look out for each other. we would run the hill in pairs. Two trucks or more at a time and in constant contact with each other. The CHP were very aware of every one and would stop any one but we knew why they were doing it so we just complied and hoped the people were caught.
    Unfortunatly, I have had experience with being near or in the vacinity of a serial killer without knowing it until after the fact. Growing up it was Charles Ing and Leonard Lake in Wylsyville, Ca. Whom I stood in line at the store with. The Speed Freak killers, which one of them worked on a construction job with my father and myself, then to my horror I was put on alert by the I-80 situation. I am wary of EVERYONE!!!!
    Yep after that I'd be pretty wary of people.....
    L'chaim!