Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/justic...ing/index.html

From the beginning, when this case came to view, the biggest clue against GZ are the words he used during his 911 call....his mentality is evident...he was not going to let another 'criminal' who he felt did not belong in HIS community get away, made sure TM wasn't going to get away...he reholstering his weapon makes me feel as if he was proud of what he'd done, as he stood over his trophy, not once rendering aid..GZ's words followed by his actions, will do him in...

As far as the conflicting accounts, we hear about that all the time, which is why we go to trial...then a jury of GZ's peers will weigh his fate. Who is more credible...if he takes it that far...he might also have the incentive to plea down for less prison time...we need to allow the wheels of justice to roll....
    Another member, can't recall if it was Papa or Doc, offered an interesting point. GZ was a frequent 911 caller and perhaps, on previous occasions, other "suspicious persons" had disappeared before LE arrived. IMO, that's the most plausible reason I've heard as to why GZ might have decided to follow and detain TM. There's still room for reasonable doubt, but that's the closest to convincing I've heard yet.

But, IMO, even with the reholstering of his weapon which, although I'm not a gun owner, I presume becomes an automatic response, GZ's behavior after shooting TM can be explained by shock. IMO, GZ is still in shock. He looked so small and meek standing before the judge, and as one commenter noted "gone." And if he can claim a head injury, he may be able to get anything he said to the cops tossed out (at least that's what others have suggested, not sure if it's within FL's legal limits). I know my crazy ex-DIL successfully used a head injury as an excuse for a hit and run in DC.

IMO, the SP needs a lot more evidence than what's revealed in the charging documents if she wants to nail him with murder 2. Her case seems pretty weak to me, so I hope she's hiding her aces.

JMO, OMO, and
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/justic...ing/index.html

From the beginning, when this case came to view, the biggest clue against GZ are the words he used during his 911 call....his mentality is evident...he was not going to let another 'criminal' who he felt did not belong in HIS community get away, made sure TM wasn't going to get away...he reholstering his weapon makes me feel as if he was proud of what he'd done, as he stood over his trophy, not once rendering aid..GZ's words followed by his actions, will do him in...

As far as the conflicting accounts, we hear about that all the time, which is why we go to trial...then a jury of GZ's peers will weigh his fate. Who is more credible...if he takes it that far...he might also have the incentive to plea down for less prison time...we need to allow the wheels of justice to roll....
    So the biggest clue to you was the tone of GZ's voice WHEN HE CALLED THE POLICE? At best, that's a paradox. At worse, it's exculpatory. JMO.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigCat For This Useful Post:

Good morning all! I do not know anything about the Sunshine law. Will all the records be released now that he has been charged? Will that included all phone calls, and any evidence gathered by LE? Statements from witnesses, family, video from stores, etc? Tia
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Even if the investigation was done, I am not so sure it should have resulted in an arrest and a charge. For prosecution to convict Zimmerman, they will have to prove Zimmerman did not act in self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt. And I don't see anything in that arrest affidavit that indicates prosecution got the evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman did not act in self-defense.

"The moment George Zimmerman fired that shot is the key question in this entire case," Hornsby said. "Did he reasonably believe he had to fire that shot to defend himself? And the fact (Corey) completely left that out, begs the question, does she not have any evidence to refute his version of the events?"
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...ned/?tag=stack

Thanks for posting the link. After reading the SYG statues and case law, I totally agree with RH. The following,making the punk comment, or whether GZ had a serious injury or not is irrelevant.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to magnolia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    Another member, can't recall if it was Papa or Doc, offered an interesting point. GZ was a frequent 911 caller and perhaps, on previous occasions, other "suspicious persons" had disappeared before LE arrived. IMO, that's the most plausible reason I've heard as to why GZ might have decided to follow and detain TM. There's still room for reasonable doubt, but that's the closest to convincing I've heard yet.

But, IMO, even with the reholstering of his weapon which, although I'm not a gun owner, I presume becomes an automatic response, GZ's behavior after shooting TM can be explained by shock. IMO, GZ is still in shock. He looked so small and meek standing before the judge, and as one commenter noted "gone." And if he can claim a head injury, he may be able to get anything he said to the cops tossed out (at least that's what others have suggested, not sure if it's within FL's legal limits). I know my crazy ex-DIL successfully used a head injury as an excuse for a hit and run in DC.

IMO, the SP needs a lot more evidence than what's revealed in the charging documents if she wants to nail him with murder 2. Her case seems pretty weak to me, so I hope she's hiding her aces.

JMO, OMO, and
    Small and meek standing before the judge? I bet Trayvon looked small and meek laying dead in his coffin. Zimmerman is a man who has absolutely no remorse whatsoever for what he has done to Trayvon Martin. If he was in shock, it was because he was arrested. Remember he said he thought it was all going to blow over. He intended that particular "a$$hole" wasn't going to get away and he made sure that wasn't going to happen. I bet Zimmerman wasn't so small and meek when he was standing there with his gun aimed at Trayvon's chest. He was a big man, he had a gun, and he meant he was going to use it.

As far as the evidence in this case, I didn't realize that a prosecutor had to lay out their entire case in their probable cause affidavit.

~jmo~

10. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Good morning all! I do not know anything about the Sunshine law. Will all the records be released now that he has been charged? Will that included all phone calls, and any evidence gathered by LE? Statements from witnesses, family, video from stores, etc? Tia
    Apparently not at once, anyway.

During the proceedings, it was agreed between the defense and prosecution that records in the case would be sealed.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T4rYh9WS984

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Sort of an unusual choice of words. Even President Obama?
    I'm sure President Obama would agree, the law should be followed in this case.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to magnolia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    So the biggest clue to you was the tone of GZ's voice WHEN HE CALLED THE POLICE? At best, that's a paradox. At worse, it's exculpatory. JMO.
    I totally disagree.The 911 call shows intent and motive.

16. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to claudicici For This Useful Post:

For Mars Inc., the privately held company that owns Skittles, the tragedy presents another, more surreal dimension. Protestors carried bags of the chewy fruit-flavored candy while marching for the arrest of shooter George Zimmerman. Mourners pinned the bright red wrappers to their hooded sweatshirts at memorial services.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120415/...edium=facebook

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Thanks for posting the link. After reading the SYG statues and case law, I totally agree with RH. The following,making the punk comment, or whether GZ had a serious injury or not is irrelevant.
    He doesn't need any injuries at all to claim he feared for his life or was trying to prevent bodily injury. And if AC wants to take on SYG law-shouldn't one take the law on before charging people under the existing one? And even if the law is changed why would that apply to Zimmerman if he was acting in accordance with existing law?
    Just my opinion

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

He doesn't need any injuries at all to claim he feared for his life or was trying to prevent bodily injury. And if AC wants to take on SYG law-shouldn't one take the law on before charging people under the existing one? And even if the law is changed why would that apply to Zimmerman if he was acting in accordance with existing law?
    But if he doesn't have the injuries he said he did, that means he's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    We really don't know what he said about his injuries since he hasn't talked. And police did indicate he had blood on the back of head and nose in the report.
    Just my opinion

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post

WELCOME WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Nana46 For This Useful Post:

We really don't know what he said about his injuries since he hasn't talked.
    We have Sentinel Report, and the Police saying it was an accurate account.

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman's account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel : http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...black-teenager

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to who For This Useful Post:

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police. Trayvon then said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose, according to the account he gave police.

Zimmerman fell to the ground and Trayvon got on top of him and began slamming his head into the sidewalk, he told police.

Zimmerman began yelling for help.
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...black-teenager

The police state there the account is accurate as to what he told them.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to who For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast