Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    I guess we will have to see how it all plays out in court. I'm at least very thankful that this very dangerous man is off the streets right now. Lord knows, it could have been that poor 7-year-old or 9-year-old kid that he seen as suspicious and decided to murder them as well.

~jmo~

if I remember correctly (feel free to correct me if I don't) Mr Zimmerman had no problem turning his hose on children riding by his yard on bikes because a neighbor child was bullied at a different time. I get the sense that he may have considered himself a self appointed hero-wanna be. Anavenger of sorts.

the above is my personal opinion.
    on twitter, my blog, and in life I am a "Floormodel", slightly used by age but still in perfectly good condition and worth having around.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Marshmallow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    We really don't know what GZ feels since we can't get into his head.
    No we cant get into his head.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to belle3 For This Useful Post:

Based on his website GZ felt that good men had triumphed over evil when TM was killed.

No remorse and no guilt, he is a hero in his own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
    if I remember correctly (feel free to correct me if I don't) Mr Zimmerman had no problem turning his hose on children riding by his yard on bikes because a neighbor child was bullied at a different time. I get the sense that he may have considered himself a self appointed hero-wanna be. Anavenger of sorts.

the above is my personal opinion.
    I think that everyone here would agree with that.

GZ sees himself as a knight in shining armor, a protector of the innocent, a guardian of the community, a brave avenger. A bit self-agrandizing.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    He misunderstood what was happening, I don't think he did anything "wrong".

I was intrigued about the time Trayvon got caught in school with the jewelry, the teacher noticed Trayvon was "acting suspiciously" and investigated, and found the jewelry and screwdriver in his possession.

I'm bringing this up because I wonder what the teacher saw? What GZ saw? Both seem to characterize Trayvon's movements the same way.

If the case was that Trayvon was merely running in GZ's direction - as a pure coincidence to get out of the rain for example - and GZ mistakenly shot and killed him, that would be horrific and would make GZ feel remorse.

He was being punched in the head. I really don't know how much remorse I'd feel for shooting some guy who was on top of me pounding my head. I'd feel sad for his family, for sure. My mindset is it's likely one of us isn't going to live through this incident, and it's going to be you.
    In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” — an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.
    Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald. Word of the incident came as the family’s lawyer acknowledged that the boy was suspended in February for getting caught with an empty bag with traces of marijuana, which he called “irrelevant” and an attempt to demonize a victim.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...#storylink=cpy

Bolded by me
    This tells a different story, that no one claimed Trayvon looked suspicious. So based on this, it is not the same as what Zimmerman did.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I think someone would have to sit on that couch being burned for it to become a forcible felony. If you go around and see someone trying to burn a couch with a person sitting on that couch you can use deadly force to prevent couch burning.
    No, under the SYG law in Florida you can shoot someone committing arson period.

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

I was intrigued about the time Trayvon got caught in school with the jewelry, the teacher noticed Trayvon was "acting suspiciously" and investigated, and found the jewelry and screwdriver in his possession.

I'm bringing this up because I wonder what the teacher saw? What GZ saw? Both seem to characterize Trayvon's movements the same way.

If the case was that Trayvon was merely running in GZ's direction - as a pure coincidence to get out of the rain for example - and GZ mistakenly shot and killed him, that would be horrific and would make GZ feel remorse.

He was being punched in the head. I really don't know how much remorse I'd feel for shooting some guy who was on top of me pounding my head. I'd feel sad for his family, for sure. My mindset is it's likely one of us isn't going to live through this incident, and it's going to be you.

Allegedly punched in the head. it is not fact.
    we do not know if he truely was being attacked maliciously, if there was no altercation, or if any actions by Mr Martin were self defense as this stranger stalked then accosted him and Trevor was in a position of fighting for his life, a fight he lost.
    on twitter, my blog, and in life I am a "Floormodel", slightly used by age but still in perfectly good condition and worth having around.

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Marshmallow For This Useful Post:

I truly don't get it.

"hiding and being suspicious" and "looking suspicious" are synonymous to me.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Was TM hiding when he was thought suspicious by GZ?

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

I think the difference here is "remorse". Remorse means you did something wrong, and you feel guilt.

I'd certainly feel terrible if I were in GZ's position, but not remorseful. If he's telling the truth, he did nothing whatsoever wrong, it was just a horrible misunderstanding and who knows where it would have ended if he didn't have a gun.

Or perhaps GZ simply figured Trayvon didn't have long to live anyway, because after all, according to "statistics":

JeannaT

jjenny I completely understand what you're saying,
    but I think this becomes more confusing all the time.

Neither of these men are passifists. Each is looking for a fight,
    from what I can tell from the information available. It was a tragedy that they met each other.

Statistically - it also seems unlikely that Trayvon would have survived to middle age.

BBM

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:

So basically what you are saying is that as long as YOU believe you are interpreting things in the right way all your behaviors should be justified. what if your thoughts and assumptions are wrong? you shouldnt have to be held acccountable?? im not sure thats how life works. And I really have no idea what gz feeling remorse and trayvons school record have to do with eachother. but....ok then??

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Was TM hiding when he was thought suspicious by GZ?
    That's a good question, and I don't have an answer for that.

I don't know what the behaviors were that GZ found suspicious, although I'm sure GZ was asked to state those behaviors in the police station that night.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

BBM

I don't think that statement is true. Do you have a link to back that up?

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    No, under the SYG law in Florida you can shoot someone committing arson period.
    Arson is correct, but I am not sure just burning your own couch will constitute arson. Couch is not a dwelling.
    Here is FL definition of arson.
    http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/806.01
    Just my opinion

Trayvon's backpack was not searched because he was hiding and looked suspicious. It clearly says why it was searched in the article. I posted the part that clearly says why it was searched.

As far as we know, from what we have heard, from what Zimmerman claimed, Trayvon was not doing anything other than walking down the road with his hoodie up in the rain while looking around him. There was no tagging any property. There was no weapon in his hand. He was in an area that he had every right and reason to be. He was not hiding in an unallowed area. There was no reason whatsoever for Trayvon to have been followed by an armed man that evening. SPD had been notified and where on the way. SPD would have found out that Trayvon was staying in the complex and he would have gone home without incident. Unfortunately Zimmerman was determined that Trayvon was one of "those" that always get away and made a deadly decision. That falls on Zimmerman, not Trayvon or anyone else.

MOO

Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast