Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    I think that Oliver is a good friend who spoke to the point and was interviewed by a bear...
    Lawrence O’Donnell GILLED Oliver and then spun too.

OLIVER held his own. Yes he is a good friend, and is interfamily related too...
    He admitted that he had basically no relationship with Zimmerman at all, was just a coworker so how is that being a good friend much less being interfamily?

~jmo~

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

I think that Oliver is a good friend who spoke to the point and was interviewed by a bear...

He has admitted that he is NOT a close friend on more than one occasion and is most definitely not related to GZ. Oliver's wife is only friends with GZ's mother-in-law.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    Rhornsby says "self-reported" when speaking of the broken nose in his article. I referenced the head injuries and grass on the jacket as being on the police report.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/
    Oh okay, I may have misinterpreted. Thanks for the clarification.
    "I have lived many years and, after many trials and tribulations, I have come to the conclusion that the best thing is blonde, 12-year-old girls. Two of them, whenever possible."
    --Woody Allen, Love and Death, 1975

"Mr. Allen's resort to the typical 'scorned woman' defense is an injudicious attempt to to divert attention from his failure to act as a responsible parent and adult."

--Judge Elliott Wilk, June 7, 1993

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaded cat View Post
    On the surface, I agree with you. However, when or how would RHornsby have a chance to see any of the forensics? I hope he comes back to tell us more and maybe answer a few of these questions!

He will! Don't worry! Mr. Hornsby is pretty cool! He's been a member here for a while.
    Justice for Trayvon

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Quote Originally Posted by csziggy View Post
    Joe Oliver also has shown some very bad judgement in the past:

I noticed this is a complaint filed 23 years ago?

The complaint alleges libel, fraud and invasion of privacy, and seeks an unspecified amount in damages.
    Respectfully, how do we leap from a complaint filed 23 years ago to a conclusion that "Joe Oliver has shown some very bad judgement in the past"?

Was this complaint thrown out? Was it struck down? Was it settled? Did it go to trial? Do we have the documentation that explains Joe's role and how it was his responsibility?

This doesn't show bad judgement to me. It shows the guy was working in media back then, though.
    I know where you post.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

I agree with Mr. Hornsby.

Why?

I am very interested to understand why you think Joe Oliver was "good" for RZ when he's contradicting himself all over the place, IMO.
    "I have lived many years and, after many trials and tribulations, I have come to the conclusion that the best thing is blonde, 12-year-old girls. Two of them, whenever possible."

"Mr. Allen's resort to the typical 'scorned woman' defense is an injudicious attempt to to divert attention from his failure to act as a responsible parent and adult."

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    oooh, I do hope the defense calls Taaffe to the stand. That should be good.
    Would the prosecution get to ask Taaffe about his background?

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to csziggy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaded cat View Post
    On the surface, I agree with you. However, when or how would RHornsby have a chance to see any of the forensics? I hope he comes back to tell us more and maybe answer a few of these questions!

I think that Richard is basing his opinions on the information that we all have, just like all the other members of WS are doing. I've haven't seen him claim any "insider" information on this case. JMO.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    oooh, I do hope the defense calls Taaffe to the stand. That should be good.
    LOLOL.

OMG, I hope MOM's smarter than that. You know, for the sake of GZ getting a fair trial and all.

But, if prosecution did call Taaffee, defense would cross.

I understand the concern about Taaffee. Kind of a partner-in-arms.
    Taaffee kinda sticks in my craw.

and that's 2many puns in 1 post.
    I know where you post.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

IMO, GZ's nose actually looks better in his most recent mug shot than it did in all the previous photos we've seen!
    Not a big fan of personal anecdotes, but that's not always enough to stop me!

The bridge of my nose has been broken several times. You can't tell at all unless you look really closely exactly where I tell you to or if you touch it. Then it is really obvious. My nose remains small and otherwise straight to the point that people comment on it once they know it's been broken multiple times. Once it broke the first time, the future breaks came easily and were along the same path.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    Hmmm...

I agree with rhornsby.
    I don't think JO did poorly.
    I think LO and CBlow came across a bit over the top.

Have we learned anything about where GZ & JO worked?
    Did JO really leave work to help out GZ? Is it possible his workplace gave him a paid leave, and JO is just respecting his employer's privacy on that issue?
    Digital Risk

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

Even if you are interviewed by a bear, if you are telling the truth your story doesn't contradict itself.

Which JO's does.

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:

I think in the long run it is going to be important what is exactly said on the police report about George's back.

Officer Smith never said anything about grass stains. He said George's back was wet and covered in grass as if he had been laying on his back.

Pretty important evidence to just let go and have him ride in the police car and lean against a wall in the police station with.

No stains, just loose grass.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....olicreport.pdf
    Last edited by Dr.Fessel; 04-16-2012 at 12:42 AM.

26. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by csziggy View Post
    Would the prosecution get to ask Taaffe about his background?
    I don't know how much leeway they'll have there in the beginning, but I feel certain that Mr. T will say something that opens the door wide enough for the prosecution to drive a truck through.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Bumping l.b.nora's post 714. Just as he said, Oliver had a whole lot of interviews at the beginning of this case and if I recall correctly, there was some references made that "George told me this, George told me that" so yes, if he stated something in any of them, no matter how mundane they may seem, he can be called as a witness.

~jmo~
    okay.
    thanks for this Adrienne. I will make a point to catch up and watch them soon.

fessel usually bonks me on the head with this stuff I've missed but I think he's watchin' the tube & letting y'all do all the work.

anyway, appreciate it.
    I know where you post.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyBlanche View Post
    Why?

I am very interested to understand why you think Joe Oliver was "good" for RZ when he's contradicting himself all over the place, IMO.

Well, I think when Joe Oliver explains that the word "goon" is sometimes used as a term of endearment, it really helps us to better understand the situation that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    I think in the long run it is going to be important what is exactly said on the police report about George's back.

Officer Smith never said anything about grass stains. He said George's back was wet and covered in grass as if he had been laying on his back.

Pretty important evidence to just let go and have him ride in the police car and lean against a wall in the police station with.

No stains, just lose grass.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....olicreport.pdf
    oh, there you are.

gotta tell richard that. I agree. Gosh, the altercation evidence is the key evidence here. For realzies.

The confused friends trying to support GZ on TV? Not so important. Although I know you're lovin the "go with that story" quote.
    Last edited by JBean; 04-16-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: resize picture
    I know where you post.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Peel View Post
    I noticed this is a complaint filed 23 years ago?

Respectfully, how do we leap from a complaint filed 23 years ago to a conclusion that "Joe Oliver has shown some very bad judgement in the past"?

Was this complaint thrown out? Was it struck down? Was it settled? Did it go to trial? Do we have the documentation that explains Joe's role and how it was his responsibility?

This doesn't show bad judgement to me. It shows the guy was working in media back then, though.
    I agree with this. I so do not want people holding against me the bad things I did or poor judgement I exhibited in the past. I'd have no friends and most of my family might have disowned me.

Ok, nothing terrible or criminal but I was thoughtless, I ran my mouth a few times when I should have kept quiet and I hurt some people by my deliberate acts. Thank heavens we all get older and our true friends and family are willing to forgive us.

I hold someone in a public position to a higher standard, all the time remembering they are just human too.
    All my posts are MOO!

Halt, face away from me and put the Occam's Razor on the ground now; put your hands on your head and interlace your fingers behind your head.

"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is the right thing to do."-Justice Potter Stewart, US Supreme Court Justice 1915-1985

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaded cat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    Not a big fan of personal anecdotes, but that's not always enough to stop me!

The bridge of my nose has been broken several times. You can't tell at all unless you look really closely exactly where I tell you to or if you touch it. Then it is really obvious. My nose remains small and otherwise straight to the point that people comment on it once they know it's been broken multiple times. Once it broke the first time, the future breaks came easily and were along the same path.

Ouch! MrJC had his nose broken twice and said the same thing about his.
    All my posts are MOO!

Halt, face away from me and put the Occam's Razor on the ground now; put your hands on your head and interlace your fingers behind your head.

"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is the right thing to do."-Justice Potter Stewart, US Supreme Court Justice 1915-1985

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaded cat For This Useful Post:

I don't know how much leeway they'll have there in the beginning, but I feel certain that Mr. T will say something that opens the door wide enough for the prosecution to drive a truck through.
    I really think Francis Taaffe is a loose cannon. I don't think Zimmerman's lawyer can stop him and I think he is about scared to try.

In my book Taaffe could flip to the other side in the blink of an eye. He is loving this spotlight. All IMO

39. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    BBM Could you expand on this?
    I am not trying to speak for Songline, but I believe the reference is to JO saying that GZ's MIL is a close friend of his (JO's) family.

JO says that in the link I posted earlier.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    That is what I assumed... I just never knew that? So it's new to me? Good to know though! This explains RZ saying they had "black family" and that GZ "mentored black children." Which, IMO, would mean his own nieces or nephews!

IF it is true he belongs to that family?
    NOoooo! I mean no, Lola, he doesn't.

Joe Oliver's wife is friends with GZ's mother-in-law. That's it. No relation through blood or marriage.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

43. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:

I agree with Mr. Hornsby.
    In what respect?

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IzzyBlanche For This Useful Post:

I give up

G'night all

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I7vPbthvWo"]The Outer Limits intro - YouTube[/ame]
    Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Okay, so Digital Risk.

I just looked at their website. Mortgage Loan work-out company.

Did we ever learn what GZ did, specifically for Digital Risk?

It could be clerical, data-entry, bookkeeping, collections, appraisals, insurance, or physically driving around to properties completing reports or doing property condition punch lists, property maintenance ...

I can see if he worked for this firm, why he might think about law. But not criminal law - Real Estate law.

Any ideas what work he did for them?
    I know where you post.

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emma Peel For This Useful Post:

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast