Thread: 2 Teens Face Murder Charges In SW Florida Slayings

2 Teens Face Murder Charges In SW Florida Slayings

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office says deputies were notified Monday about injuries at a Lehigh Acres home. Deputies say they found a trail of blood leading to the bodies of Amy Ann Lorah and her 16-year-old son William Haley.
    http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/04/14...rida-slayings/
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    The Lee County Sheriff’s Office says deputies were notified Monday about injuries at a Lehigh Acres home. Deputies say they found a trail of blood leading to the bodies of Amy Ann Lorah and her 16-year-old son William Haley.
    http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/04/14...rida-slayings/
    from your link.

Is THIS what their lives were worth??!!

According to the sheriff’s office, a 16-year-old and a 17-year-old went to the home Sunday intending to rob Lorah’s son. Authorities say the 16-year-old shot and killed Lorah and her son. Both teens allegedly then stole a safe containing $370 and a gun.
    Disgusting
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

One of our members is from there...trying to remember who...I just posted with them the other day...

i am from ft myers which is right next to lehigh.
    its just getting worse and worse.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tracy87 For This Useful Post:

Justin Wirth and Clayton Combs seemed just as shocked and grief-stricken as anyone at lunch on Tuesday, as they spoke with classmates about the killing of their close friend and his mother.

snip...Wirth was Haley’s close friend, and once stayed at his house for three months after getting kicked out of his own home. Combs is one of more than 600 members of a R.I.P. William Dalton Haley Facebook group. The two suspects are students at Riverdale, as was Haley.
    http://www.news-press.com/article/20...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Still no answer to why except that maybe Haley may have once pointed a gun at Wirth.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Amy Ann Lorah, a victim of Monday’s double homicide in Lehigh Acres, would often welcome stray teenagers into her home.

snip...Barnes said it’s possible Lorah took in the wrong teenager and suffered the consequences. This past year, one of them ended up robbing her and Lorah pressed charges, Barnes said.
    http://www.news-press.com/article/20...victims-before

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post: