1211 users online (277 members and 934 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL - David 'Scotty' Smith, 22, Fort Pierce, 7 Oct 1986

http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_318.shtml

"48-year-old Kerry Arthur Jacob was taken into custody for stabbing and drowning 22-year-old David "Scotty" Smith. Deputies say that Jacob confessed to the crime. He is being held without bond at the St. Lucie County jail."
    Last edited by dsntslp; 04-14-2012 at 09:35 PM.

The second article makes it sound like the guilt finally drove him to confess. I'll be interested to see if that's actually the case, or if he was in fear that LE was making progress on the case. I'm sure that Scott's family is glad to finally be getting some answers...they've already had to wait this long, hopefully the perp will be entirely forthcoming so that the family can continue with their healing process.

I might have felt more charitable toward him if he hadn't waited more than 20 years to confess.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

From November 2014:

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-st-l...-crack-cocaine

Kerry Arthur Jacob, 51, of the 3000 block of Southwest Briggs Street in Port St. Lucie, was sentenced Friday to 45 years in state prison after pleading no contest to the second degree murder of a Vero Beach man in October of 1986...

Smith offered to pay Jacob $20 in exchange for a ride home from a 7-Eleven store on U.S. 1 in Fort Pierce during the late hours of October 7, 1986.

After Jacob demanded more money to buy crack cocaine, Smith tried to flee from the vehicle -- a 1976 red Chevrolet Camaro -- through a side window but got stuck, according to a police report. Jacob grabbed a knife, exited the vehicle and stabbed Smith multiple times in the arm, chest and stomach. Jacob then took the Smith's money and jewelry to purchase more drugs from a nearby crack house, the report said. Smith's body was later thrown into the nearby canal by Jacob and an accomplice.