826 users online (187 members and 639 guests)  

Websleuths News

1980s mountain man abductor seeks parole

A notorious "mountain man," who abducted a world-class athlete in 1984 to keep as a wife for his son, once wrote that blame for the "incident" lies with her and a would-be rescuer whom he shot and killed. Don Nichols undoubtedly will need to be more contrite later this month in front of the historically stern Montana Parole Board.

Victim was Kari Swenson
    Abductor seeking parole is Don Nichols
    His son is Dan Nichols who is out on parole and in trouble again. He seems to be the run
    There was a TV movie about this case "The Abduction of Kari Swenson" and two books
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

This has to be one of the most chilling stories of all time, but I seriously doubt the parole board will give him a pass. He hasn't shown much interest in society in general much less in trying to rehabilitate himself.