Don't eat the salad-DOLE RECALL

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
The salads were distributed in Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Dole said that it's coordinating with regulatory officials and that no illnesses have been reported.

The company said the bags are being recalled, because a random sample tested by the State of New York came back positive for Salmonella. No other Dole salads are included in the recall.

Product info at link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/15/dole-bagged-salad-recall_n_1427120.html

read as I'm sitting here eating Dole Salad :eek:......is fortunately not the Seven Lettuces, hopefully recall will not be expanded.

read as I'm sitting here eating Dole Salad :eek:......is fortunately not the Seven Lettuces, hopefully recall will not be expanded.

They always tell us AFTER the fact. How many people will get sick from this? The expiration date on the salad was 4/11 and they released the notice on 4/15. :what: I'm glad you didn't eat the bad salad, that would not be pleasant.

Yeah, the use by date makes me :furious: Glad no one's gotten sick (that we know of).

I don't use bagged greens/salads-- too many extra steps in which to become contaminated. I prefer to wash the dirt off myself, in my own kitchen, with my own water source. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back