845 users online (134 members and 711 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

For Those Who Believe that Jessie Maintained His Guilt for Months

For those who believe that Jessie Misskelley never said that he was innocent for months, the letter linked below was received on June 7, 1993.

http://callahan.8k.com/images3/jm_letter.jpg

This is only one of many documents, including the transcript of Jason and Jessie's Rule 37 Hearing, recently posted on Callahan's. If you haven't looked at Callahan's for a while, you might give it a shot. There's a lot of new stuff there!

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    For those who believe that Jessie Misskelley never said that he was innocent for months, the letter linked below was received on June 7, 1993.

http://callahan.8k.com/images3/jm_letter.jpg

This is only one of many documents, including the transcript of Jason and Jessie's Rule 37 Hearing, recently posted on Callahan's. If you haven't looked at Callahan's for a while, you might give it a shot. There's a lot of new stuff there!
    What does he mean by "ruffin" (if I read correctly)?

did he write 'puffin'? as in puffing (inhaling fumes)?

"ruffin" = roofing IMO

OFSHE: Okay. Judging from the notes it looks to me like a couple of things happened before the subject of taking a polygraph came up and I'm looking at Detective Ridge's notes. Why don't you to reach behind you and just close

(Page 3)

that door up. Thank you. Uh, looks to me from these notes that, uh, Ridge asked you a number of questions about, for example, what you did on the day that the three little boys were killed. Do you remember that?

MISSKELLEY: Uh-huh. (Affirmatively indicating) I was working over Ricky Dees in West Memphis Roofing.
    http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/jm_ofshe.html

Roofing...as in doing roof work...

I've also heard the term "roughing in" in the construction trade, as in "roughing in" a room or building...before the final touches are done.

I'm in agreement with the notion that "ruffin" is "roofing" as working as a roofer. Just another little example of his limited intelligence. The interview with Ofshe is very interesting, isn't it?

I feel so much compassion...I'm a relative newbie to this sad travesty of a case...

No way to feel good about it until the killer(s?) are brought to justice. And even then...it won't give the 3 each of their 18 years back...

No, but at least they do now have the opportunity to put their lives back together, and from what I can see all three seem to be enjoying that opportunity. I'm happy for them.

But there's no opportunity for the three children who were murdered. Three little 8 year old ninja turtle fans who were riding round on their bikes having fun on a spring evening, and whoever snatched their lives off them has never served a day in prison for it. It makes me spit.

I've never seen Misskelley do any interviews recently since their release, it's always been the other two convicted murderers and one's wife. I just wonder if he's not been given some sort of 'gag' order in exchange for money. Some of the victims sold their life story rights to entertainment networks and signed contracts so that the network can tell whatever they like about them even if it's not the truth.

I've seen Jessie Misskelley interviewed since their release.

As for Terry Hobbs selling his life story rights to Dimension Films - it wouldn't have made any difference, because after his disastrous lawsuit against Natalie Maines, which made him look ten times guiltier than any amount of hairs at the crime scene, nobody was going to worry about what they said about him anyway.

So roofing is Jessie's alibi? Im confused. I swear Im not trying to bring other stuff up I always thought that Jessie's alibi was wrestling in that different town with the other guys? And then it was shown that the wrestling actually happened a week or 2 before? What was all that about? I hadnt heard about the roofing stuff. All i knew was that he said he was wrestling, in a different town close by, and that he had a receipt that said the rent was paid that day for the ring, but then after looking over the receipt it was the weekend before.

Jessie worked as a roofer at the time. He was apparently at work up till around lunch time on the day of the murders, and as he thinks the boys skipped school and were murdered in the morning he thinks thats his alibi.

Btw, it wasn't just Jessie who claimed he was wrestling, etc, it was Fred Ravelle, his nephew and about 3 or 4 other people whose names I forget. Its true that the date on the receipt didn't match, but at the same time I don't know why they would have all lied for Jessie Misskellley. They weren't family or in some cases even close friends.

The point about the wrestling is that Jessie went wrestling in Dyess every Wednesday night. Since May 5, 1993 was a Wednesday night, Jessie was wrestling in Dyess. That's why the wrestling alibi was presented.

The way I understand the whole receipt thing is that each person signed on the day/date they first began to wrestle. So, some had signed before 5/5/93 and some signed later. Some even may have signed on 5/5/93. It was an ongoing thing and more of a contract than a receipt.

Also, some people claim that there was no wrestling match in Dyess on the night of May 5, 1993, and attempt to use that fact to try to prove the wrestling alibi (based on the last sightings of the boys, the wrestling was Jessie's alibi) false. However, the truth of the matter is that the May 5, 1993 wrestling was a practice, not a match - and several people say that Jessie was there.

Has anyone read anything else about Jessie's roofing alibi? To me, him having been working doing roof work wouldn't exactly give him an alibi. It's clear that all 3 boys were in school that day which would be for the time that Jessie was working.

Quote Originally Posted by UdbCrzy2 View Post
    I've never seen Misskelley do any interviews recently since their release, it's always been the other two convicted murderers and one's wife. I just wonder if he's not been given some sort of 'gag' order in exchange for money. Some of the victims sold their life story rights to entertainment networks and signed contracts so that the network can tell whatever they like about them even if it's not the truth.
    I think he realizes he's not as articulate as the others. I also suspect he carries around some guilt for having falsely confessed and is embarrassed by it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast