1025 users online (212 members and 813 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

So first they have someone specific "in Custody" who is linked by DNA to the murders and two other area asaults.

Now we have nobody in custody, plenty of suspects and oh yeah, no mention of the DNA??

WTH? those are two very different stories there. Wonder what gives?

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/178581...r-sex-assaults
    The man who police have in custody is apparently connected to a pair of sexual assaults that happened not far from the Martinez home
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    The guy who committed the other 2 attacks didn't sound like this perp, imo. He attacked them on the street...this was in a house with murders too and not just rape...and a young girl. Based on the decription, he's "little" compared to a boxer and someone with martial arts skills. Unless he caught them both while sleeping...which I doubt because the whole house is considered a crime scene with blood all over. Very glad LE caught the rapist.

Agreed holly, teh assaults sound like crimes of opportunity and random.

The Martinez family attack has a personal, rage filled feel to it.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

So, according to the local news station I watch, the Review-Journal (newspaper) was the first to claim the suspected rapist was in custody and tied to these murders as well. Looks like ALL other news outlets in the city ran with that, which was so irresponsible!

The suspected rapist IS in custody and LE may be eyeing him for the murders as well, only because of the general area in which all crimes occurred.

In truth, the LVMPD has said very little about these murders. I believe they do know what they're doing and are most likely very close. I'm going to take all reporting on this case with a grain of salt until I hear it from the PD - particularly after today.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    thank goodness. Sounds like this menace needed caught and fast.

The article suggests DNA links him to the crimes so hopefully he will be going away for a very long long time.
    What GREAT news! From the article, it seems like he was on a crime spree that didn't stop with this poor family

I wonder if it was random or if he knew this family. I also wonder (and am thankful) that the boys were unscathed during this vicious attack.

I hope this father recovers.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    The father and patriarch of the family, Arturo Martinez, remains in a local hospital and is in and out of surgery. His injuries have still left him unable to speak with anyone, let alone with detectives who want to know what happened inside the home.
    http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...ClID_ox-w.cspx

I have pretty openly put out there that I believed the father/hubby should be a suspect in the crime. With the latest news I admit I was wrong, and I apoligize to him and to the family. My only defense is that I have just seen so many where the hubby was to blame that I was too quick to judge.
    Everyone here understands, mysteriew

We are a bit jaded and we know the unfortunate statistics

How humble of you to apologize, but not necessary to me. Your concern and care were in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Agreed holly, teh assaults sound like crimes of opportunity and random.

The Martinez family attack has a personal, rage filled feel to it.
    According to this article they have a DNA match between the slaying and a rape of a 50 year old woman. Just because the crime is brutal doesn't mean its personal.

"DNA linked the slayings at the Martinez family house on 1016 Robin St., which police believe happened on April 15, to the sexual assault of a 50-year-old woman near Tonopah and Vegas drives the same day, the source said."

http://www.lvrj.com/news/suspect-arr...149274255.html
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Just got this breaking news bulletin:

Despite earlier reports, Las Vegas police say no arrests made yet in the double murder of Yadira Martinez and her daughter, Karla Martinez, or a sexual assault case police talked about Thursday. Police say they are currently interviewing people in connection with these crimes, but no arrests have been made.
    okay, my head is spinning now

At least this guy is in jail. That is good enough for me for the time being.

So do we know which is true? The assaults have been linked to the murders? Or not?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    So do we know which is true? The assaults have been linked to the murders? Or not?
    One of the assault's, according to the article. There was no DNA in a second assault because the woman managed to get away.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    According to this article they have a DNA match between the slaying and a rape of a 50 year old woman. Just because the crime is brutal doesn't mean its personal.

"DNA linked the slayings at the Martinez family house on 1016 Robin St., which police believe happened on April 15, to the sexual assault of a 50-year-old woman near Tonopah and Vegas drives the same day, the source said."

http://www.lvrj.com/news/suspect-arr...149274255.html
    There is no DNA link to the murders......yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    There is no DNA link to the murders......yet.
    ????
    There is a DNA link between a murder and an assault on a 50 year old woman according to that article.
    Just my opinion

This looks like a hastily written article that explains a little what is going on.
    http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/...gXcI-p4yA.cspx

To me it sounds like some reporter was told that an arrest was in the sex assaults that were in the area of the murder, and somehow that morphed into an arrest in both the sex assaults and the murders. The DNA evidence they talk about is in the sex assaults, not the murders.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That Review-Journal article is one of the worst-edited pieces I've ever read.

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The Las Vegas Metro Police Department says no arrests have been made in the murder of a mother and daughter last week, despite earlier reports from the Review-Journal.

"Despite reports about an arrest being made in the double homicide occuring April 16 on Robin Street, no arrests have been made at this time," a spokesperson for the police department said.

The Review-Journal reported that a 22-year-old man was arrested on Friday morning in connection with the double murder following DNA testing.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/149277465.html

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast