Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Brittany Dawn Kilgore, 22, Fallbrook, 13 April 2012

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Marine Christopher Oglesby, who lives in the same apartment complex as the Killgores, described them as a very loving couple who liked to hang out together. He said that after Cory Killgore was deployed to Afghanistan, he didn't see as much of Brittany.
    "She was never around here a lot," said Oglesby. "She liked to go and have fun in other places, but when she left this apartment complex, nobody knows who she's hanging out with."
    Oglesby told 10News reporter Allison Ash he ran into Brittany Killgore last week at both the supermarket and in the laundry room and she acted like everything was perfectly fine. She made no mention of the fact that she'd filed for a divorce from her husband.
    Because Oglesby was more friendly with Cory Killgore, he wasn't surprised that Brittany didn't tell him of the impending break-up.
    "I can only hope for the best. I can only pray for her family and for her husband, Cory," he said. "No matter what they were going through, I hope she turns up alive."
    Cory Killgore is on his way home to Fallbrook, to deal with the mystery surrounding his wife's disappearance.
    10News has also learned Brittany Killgore's parents flew to San Diego from their home in Erie, Penn., Monday.
    http://www.10news.com/news/30905545/detail.html

just my opinion as a military wife... but something is up with this filing for divorce while her husband was deployed. I wonder if perez is also married?
    This bee my opinion

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video/#!/...ase-/147740855

perez is person of interest

the gun was a stolen military rifle (I was wrong upthread about that... perhaps why CID is involved) and is currently being tested to see if it was recently fired

his car is currently being forensically examined

her husband deployed in the fall to Afghan. (and she filed for divorce last week but told no friends about it :-(

(this is all per the video at the link)
    This bee my opinion

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

the gun was a stolen military rifle (I was wrong upthread about that... perhaps why CID is involved) and is currently being tested to see if it was recently fired

her husband deployed in the fall to Afghan. (and she filed for divorce last week but told no friends about it :-(

just some feelings i'm getting about this... maybe she thought this man was a little more trustworthy since he was older and has most likely been in the military for a long time, but i'm guessing that she probably felt like people might not approve of her new plans/relationship if he was older... so that's why she didn't tell anyone about her filing for divorce. BUT, on the same note, i don't know how old her current husband is, so this may or not be a big deal.

i do kind of wonder if there were other reasons why she didn't tell anyone that she filed for divorce. maybe people would ask questions since they seemed to be so much in love... maybe people knew about Perez and didn't think it would be such a wise choice to be with him (if they knew he had a violent streak). just thinking out loud here.

as far as the dress she was wearing... i wonder if she went to a wedding that night?

oh, and i agree with a previous poster (sorry, i'm drawing a blank on the name right now!) in that Gaslamp is a pretty far drive from Fallbrook (over an hour according to mapquest). i wonder where Perez lives?

ohhh, and one more thing... i saw on the news last night that some of her belongings, including a debit card, were found outside her home (it looked like a balcony/porch??), amongst other things, and i thought that was a little strange. they also said that the things "written" in the dust on the car are believed to have been done AFTER she went missing. all things i saw on a news report last night... i'll have to see if i can find a video of it.

all MOO here.

ETA - if he/she was heading to Gaslamp at/around 5:00pm on a Friday, my guess is it would have taken them a bit longer to get there with rush hour traffic. and even then, clubs don't really start getting crazy until later in the night... so maybe they made a pit stop (pick up a change of clothes? dinner?) before heading down to Gaslamp? some of the pics i saw of her on FB show me that she did wear some sexy stuff, so i'm sure she would have preferred to go clubbing in something other than a ball gown.
    it's a boy! noah xavier was born 11.21.13!

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

What about the angle of the husband and Perez being 'friends'?

This one sure is strange so far.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dgfred For This Useful Post:

http://www.9news.com/news/world/2635...-assault-rifle

Investigators are now classifying Perez as a "person of interest."

"He is uncooperative and not completely forthcoming about his knowledge we believe," said Lt. Larry Nesbit.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

This is the town I live in.

I saw earlier reports that that the area's of DeLuz were being searched. DeLuz is a very rural area on the northern fringes of our town.
    Hiding a body there would be very very easy, and very very difficult to find.

Lots of wildlife there as well.

Here's the latest news from our local paper.

http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/63189/

DeeN

12. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to KALI For This Useful Post:

Authorities today called off their search for a missing 22-year-old North County woman who disappeared last week under suspicious circumstances, allegedly after meeting up with a serviceman who subsequently was arrested on an unrelated weapon charge.

Related: Marine Remains in Custody as Authorities Search for Woman

Officials with the San Diego County Sheriff's Department decided this morning to suspend their active efforts to find Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook, who was last seen in that rural community about 5 p.m. Friday, according to Jan Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the agency.

"Rather, we are concentrating our efforts on leads that have been developed," Caldwell said. She declined to elaborate.
    http://camppendleton.patch.com/artic...k-woman-halted

interesting
    This bee my opinion

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Authorities today called off their search for a missing 22-year-old North County woman who disappeared last week under suspicious circumstances, allegedly after meeting up with a serviceman who subsequently was arrested on an unrelated weapon charge.

Related: Marine Remains in Custody as Authorities Search for Woman

Officials with the San Diego County Sheriff's Department decided this morning to suspend their active efforts to find Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook, who was last seen in that rural community about 5 p.m. Friday, according to Jan Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the agency.

"Rather, we are concentrating our efforts on leads that have been developed," Caldwell said. She declined to elaborate.
    http://camppendleton.patch.com/artic...k-woman-halted

interesting
    This bee my opinion

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Maybe she was getting ready for a night out on the town (an evening dress might just mean a sexy outfit) and someone comes knocking on the door. There is a small scuffle on the front porch (resulting in her cards being on floor) and she is abducted.
    Perp later takes her belongings and scatters them in gaslamp. Maybe she told them/he knew that she was planning on going there? Or maybe he just went there later that night on his own? Perp could be someone she kind of knew...that he wanted...and was jealous that now that she was "free" she spurned his advances?

body found and also second arrest announced

Police say a woman's body has been found in connection with the search for missing Marine wife, Brittany Killgore.

San Diego County sheriff's say a body was found at 2:30 p.m. in an area near Lake Skinner, in Riverside County.

The identity of the body has not been released.
    Police have also announced a second arrest in case.

Jessica Lynn Lopez, 27, was arrested at the Ramada Inn in the 1400 block of Rosecrans Blvd., Tuesday.

She is currently in the UCSD Medical Center for "medical necessity," and now faces murder charges, said sheriff's Capt. Duncan Fraser.

Her relationship to Killgore, 22, is not known.
    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,2517332.story
    This bee my opinion

19. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

10News learned Lopez was taken into custody at a San Diego-area hotel. She was found with what was described as traumatic injuries.
    http://www.10news.com/news/30909750/detail.html
    This bee my opinion

21. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

The discovery of the body off Warren Road, near Lake Skinner, was made about 2:30 p.m., Sheriff's Department Capt. Duncan Fraser said. It was not immediately clear if the body was that of Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook, who went missing Friday, he said.

Meanwhile, detectives made a second arrest in the case Tuesday, according to Fraser. Jessica Lynn Lopez, 27, was taken into custody at a motel on Rosecrans Street in San Diego and was expected to be booked on suspicion of murder.

On Sunday, a Camp Pendleton Marine was arrested in the case. Investigators said they believe Louis Ray Perez, 45, was with Killgore just before she went missing. Perez was booked on an unrelated weapon charge, though he "is being actively investigated for this disappearance," Fraser told reporters.
    http://www.cbs8.com/story/17460286/s...k-woman-halted
    This bee my opinion

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Whoa, this really took a turn for the worse. I wonder if Lopez and Perez were in a relationship and there was some jealousy over Brittany. How sad. I also wonder if Lopez's traumatic injuries were defensive wounds inflicted by Brittany.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ljczec For This Useful Post:

I bet the traumatic injuries are from a suicide attempt

This bee my opinion

27. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/illino...lopez/40668192

I wonder if this is the same Jessica Lynn Lopez. The age/date the photo was taken seem to match up with her age being reported in the media. And her arrest was for reckless discharge of a firearm.....uh oh.....

Also, if this is not allowed to be posted I will be happy to delete!

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ljczec For This Useful Post:

Nancy Grace is going to cover this case tonight. Already reported that cell phone found in San Diego. FYI

What the heck - NG didn't cover this case afterall.
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 04-17-2012 at 09:17 PM.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

"Suspect's Apparent Suicide Note Detailed Fate Of Missing Woman"

more at link.

35. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to mamacita For This Useful Post:

oh man this is just terrible news!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I was just about to post that link, mamacita.

This doesn't look good.

I'm hoping the 6 o'clock news will clear up some of my questions.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Maiko For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ljczec View Post
    Whoa, this really took a turn for the worse. I wonder if Lopez and Perez were in a relationship and there was some jealousy over Brittany. How sad. I also wonder if Lopez's traumatic injuries were defensive wounds inflicted by Brittany.
    I was thinking triangle too.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

me too Kat! (as a fellow military wife peep I am sure you have seen a lot of what I have seen during deployments )
    This bee my opinion

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

i can't, for the life of me, find FB pages for either LP or JL. i wish i could... their names are just WAY too common.

(((nursie)))Yes ma'am I sure have. I had that in the back of my mind when Perez was id'ed early on. But I didn't see the triangle angle until now.

It's sad. No reason for anyone to lose their life over.

I really am saddened to hear this today. Bless her family.

46. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

While it is unknown what led investigators to Lopez's motel room, 10News has learned that when authorities arrived, they found Lopez with multiple cuts and an apparent suicide note that indicated what happened to Killgore and where her body was.

this means (moo and all that) that most likely perez led LE to want to question Lopez and when Lopez couldn't be found they traced her to the hotel room where they find her trying to kill herself and leaving a note where the body was.

I bet my alpaca stadium seat cover that she is connected to Perez.

MOO
    This bee my opinion

48. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast