Thread: The Good Wife/TV

The Good Wife/TV

Good show. Last night they showed an episode that offered three girls an Alford Plea in exchange for not suing the DE for wrongful imprisonment. It was interesting to say the least.
    There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief.. and unspeakable love. --Washington Irving

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roxye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roxye View Post
    Good show. Last night they showed an episode that offered three girls an Alford Plea in exchange for not suing the DE for wrongful imprisonment. It was interesting to say the least.
    We had one recently here in KY, too. It's been around for a while, but, when something like that is used in a high profile case like the WM3 case, it's been my experience that it tends to pop up everywhere! Does anyone know if it has ever been used after the fact (post adjudication?) before? Like most plea deals, it is usually used before the trial, not after the defendants have spent over eighteen years in prison!

I looked around, I can't say for sure but maybe using it post conviction is rare?

This has probably been posted but it's and interesting discussion. Sorry, can't provide the link cause it's a criminal blog, but here is the title.
    Devil’s Deal: (Mis)Understanding the Alford Pleas from the ‘West Memphis 3’(Brent Turvey)