Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

DON'T GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL YOU READ THIS POST!

no one has been cleared but the parents and boyfriend of Siera's mother have not been named persons of interest in the case and we will not be sleuthing or speculating about them at this time...

No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

I am going to say one last thing about Rick and than I am done.
I don't know how many were here during the Laci case but I sure was. I remember how Dennis used to get blasted in here to no end when Laci was missing. In fact real early in the case IIRC there was even some talk maybe he did it.well after Laci was found I think it was during the trial it finally came out why Dennis stayed in the background.

Dennis felt he did not need to be in the spotlight it was not right to be. He loved Laci yes. But she was Sharon's and Ron's child not his. And the main focus had to Be on finding Laci not him.
I think in this case Rick might feel the same way. Sierra is Steve's and Marlene's daughter he is willing to support in the background just like Dennis did. So the focus stays on finding Sierra. IMHO

Ok I have this all backwards thanks for pointing it out. Ron was not Lacii father ( oh it is heck to get old) it is coming back to me. But he did raise her for most of her life iirc. And since Dennis was not there for that part of her life is why he stayed out of the spotlight.

(My post got squished in the closing door.)

I am going to say one last thing about Rick and than I am done.
I don't know how many were here during the Laci case but I sure was. I remember how Dennis used to get blasted in here to no end when Laci was missing. In fact real early in the case IIRC there was even some talk maybe he did it.well after Laci was found I think it was during the trial it finally came out why Dennis stayed in the background.

Dennis felt he did not need to be in the spotlight it was not right to be. He loved Laci yes. But she was Sharon's and Ron's child not his. And the main focus had to Be on finding Laci not him.
I think in this case Rick might feel the same way. Sierra is Steve's and Marlene's daughter he is willing to support in the background just like Dennis did. So the focus stays on finding Sierra. IMHO

I *do* get your point, but Dennis Rocha was Laci's bio father, not Ron.

Ok I got the names switched my bad. But you did get what I was saying.

Ruh-Roh. Is Sierra's case no longer a SPOTLIGHT CASE??.. I'M hoping that it is still a Spotlight Case not only because I dont want her case to fade from the "Spotlight" until she is found.. but also due to the fact I've become dependant on that bright red, bold print to guide me to her thread everytime I check in.. :sigh:

On the 9 pm news tonight - more details at 11 pm -- divers out tonight searching 3/4 mile from Sierra's home "based on leads."

As I type this, the station has a reporter interviewing the divers, and that will be broadcast at 11 pm. What caught my attention was the footage showing the dive boat all lit up returning from the search tonight.

On the 9 pm news tonight - more details at 11 pm -- divers out tonight searching 3/4 mile from Sierra's home "based on leads."

As I type this, the station has a reporter interviewing the divers, and that will be broadcast at 11 pm. What caught my attention was the footage showing the dive boat all lit up returning from the search tonight.

Might be something to it...with them going out there tonight. 3/4 mile from home... this might be something...MOO

Do you mean here?
How were posters discussing family possibly being involved?
Besides, I'll bet there were people who made comments about Scott P.
who were told he was a victim and not to be sleuthing him, too.

Just saying.

As I recall, Scott was a POI from the get-go and LE said as much in the local media. Needed to find Laci's body, then whammo! He was arrested.

Also, thinking back, a lot of local people thought Marc Klaas and/or his ex-wife were guilty, but he was cleared almost immediately by LE. That was such a sad case -- Polly was removed from her mother 's house during a slumber party. It sounded so surreal and hinky at the time. But it happened. God bless Marc Klaas for channeling his anger and pain into a missing person resource.

Annie, which station? Thanks

Might be something to it...with them going out there tonight. 3/4 mile from home... this might be something...MOO

That's what I thought. This story opened up the newscast, so I felt stunned waiting for the rest after he said "new information."
Of note, the balloon one-month anniversary gathering was NOT mentioned.
Then again, this is the media. (KGO 7 News)

Ok, so wait, they've got a boat out with lights? As in the boat is on the water right now? Trying to make sure this is not the one from earlier this evening.

What is 3/4 miles from her home??

I sure hope they find her tonight..

Did they happen to mention which water they were searching in, in looking at the map the only substantial body of water I see by her home is at Coyote Creek Park, or the Golf Course.... Anyone see any others within one mile of her home that I am missing?

They are diving tonight? Am I reading that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail