Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkzerz View Post
    I am not trying to defend MR but if i was trying to exchange my phone i would make sure it was wiped clean before exchanging it.
    I don't think they mean wiped as in cleaning the surface, they mean wiped as in all data in it..correct me if I'm wrong
    Take the road of truth or it will eventually be done for you

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Oldsoul2 For This Useful Post:

I am not trying to defend MR but if i was trying to exchange my phone i would make sure it was wiped clean before exchanging it.
    He wasn't exchanging it. It was being sent for repair.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsoul2 View Post
    I don't think they mean wiped as in cleaning the surface, they mean wiped as in all data in it..correct me if I'm wrong
    That is what i meant. I would clear my data from the phone.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: Next witness is OPP Det.Con Michael Waechter

The crown calls Detective Cst. Michael Waechter.

RaffertyLFP: Waechter was assigned on to Stafford case on April 15 Investigated phone calls made by Rafferty on May 11

On July 19th, he was assigned to interview witnesses and property owners from near where a Tori was found.
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    swapping out phones:

when I swapped out my phone the verizon guy hooked both phones to the computer and transferred the data from old phone onto new phone.

I left the store with both phones.

why did he leave his old one wiped clean at the store??? that is strange to me. seems like he just wanted it completely gone

eta: oh... I see he was sending it for repair.... but still... why wipe all your data off the phone???? strange
    This bee my opinion

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

If in fact the data was no longer there it's irrelevant because all calls are still logged by the provider, I think only text messages and bbms cannot be retrieved, once they are deleted, they are gone into cyberspace

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oldsoul2 For This Useful Post:

That is what i meant. I would clear my data from the phone.
    Sorry someone was talking about lysol wipes and you posted after them.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldsoul2 For This Useful Post:

..twitter said that ..I think they are finished with bell store ..twitters are coing in slow on my computer today...I do think they were looking into house phone line too.robynhood...oh just got an air message they are calling a detective to stand ...is other people's twiiters coming in slow today too....curious robynhood...?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Bug View Post
    No more questions from Gowdey. Derstine asking about driving north of Woodstock

He suggests there are lots of different farmlands and paths that are secluded just north of Woodstock. She agrees. No more questions.RaffertyLFP: Woods said there is a lot of farmland norht of Woodstock no further questions

The crown has called Constable James Brady.

RaffertyLFP: Brady is OPP officer 27 year veteran of policing Former Det.Constable with Woodstock Police
    Where is he going with this? Is he trying to suggest that they didn't need to drive to Mount Forest in order to do the deed and if he did it why didn't he do it closer to home? If this is his point, it is a waste of time.MOO

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flowercb For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: Waechter said Rafferty phone calls included two calls to Corey's auto wreckers on May 11

Rafferty called a wrecking yard in London. Corey's Auto Wreckers, on May 11th. He called twice.
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    I don't know unless they did find something on it that he thought he deleted.

Did he even change the number?
    He wouldn't have to change the number. You don't automatically get a new number just cuz the phone is broken/stolen. These days it's quite neat cuz now you have a sim card which you can remove, alot of info on sim car. However, Bell did not get sim capable phones until 2010, so I'm assuming it was a CDMA phone, no sim card, every bit of data would be stored on the phone itself. So that means that if the phone was wipe, all his contacts would have gone poof. Of course he would still have his bills to refer to for numbers and so would police.
    Though I fall, I fall like a star, streaming splendour through the sky.
    Justice has not failed Victoria... Rest in peace Angel.

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven

“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:

IMO, he wiped his off because there was stuff in there he did not want LE to see period. IMO what an admission of guilt.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oldsoul2 For This Useful Post:

Police were interested in the nature if the call, due to the missing back seat of the Honda Civic.

RaffertyLFP: Court is shown Rafferty's phone bill to Corey's auto wreckers on May 11

Calls were made in the early afternoon of May 11th, 2009.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Bug View Post
    RaffertyLFP: Brady said Rafferty's old Blackberry was sent to RIM and police got it back with a warrant

RaffertyLFP: The OPP e-crime section examined Rafferty's old phone but it had been wiped

Police eventually got Rafferty's blackberry. It was examined by e-crimes. The data had been wiped from the phone.
    what a surpise. JMO
    As always, JMO

Evil is; as evil does.

Prayers for Jun Lin, his family and those that love him.
    Justice is patient, relentless in its pursuit and is on the march for Justin Lin....

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snoofer For This Useful Post:

I find the wiped clean cell phone data to be strange only because of the crime he is arrested for. But other wise i find it a normal thing to do. JMO

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thinkzerz For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: Waechter went Corey's on May 13 to investigate calls He asked employee if anyone looking for a car seat but they didn't keep those records

Officers went to the auto yard. An employee was behind a computer. Told them seats are not inventoried.

Customers looking for a new seat would walk the yard themselves to find it. They had to sign a log in sheet to do so.

RaffertyLFP: Corey employee said anyone searching for parts in yard required to sign list. Police found Rafferty's name at 3:05 on May 11

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Yes but I don't think he falls in that area code. I could be wrong but I think he's in the 519.

I know my cellphone number has the area code of the city I live in and not another town or city in my province.

I was confused but maybe there is another reason he got 905.
    You don't have to change phone number if both areas codes (the one you have and the one you physically live at) are in the same local calling area. As long as your number doesn't incur long distance charges, you can have any area code. For example, I live in ontario, but quebec is just across the rive, it's still a local call for me. Now if I were to go to Hull, then it would be a long distance. It depends on how the areas are divided in terms of borders, those areas were established long before there were cell phones

“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:

I find the wiped clean cell phone data to be strange only because of the crime he is arrested for. But other wise i find it a normal thing to do. JMO
    I think it is strange because, like Nurse and others said above, typically when you take your old phone in and get a new one, no matter the reason, the company generally always transfers your data from one phone to the next. Otherwise you lose everything and have to start over. Who the heck would want to do that? So, imo, I would think all the old data should have been transferred to the loaner, and then to the new phone.

If that data is missing from the new phone - I would find that very suspicious because starting over from scratch is just a drag.

JMO
    "Don't flinch, don't foul, and hit the line hard." -- Theodore Roosevelt .

36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

They asked for the sign in sheets from April and May of 2009. Rafferty signed in May 11th at 3:05 pm. Signed out an hour later.

RaffertyLFP: Court is shown sign-in sheet from Corey's with Rafferty's name He was in wrecking yard from 3:05 to 4:05 p.m

Showing the court the sign in sheet. It starts at 2:10, Rafferty in at 3:05. He was the 8th name on the sheet.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

AM980_Court Police were interested in the nature if the call, due to the missing back seat of the Honda Civic....from wrecking yard ...

As tweets says people go to wrecking yard by themselves in search of parts...

IMO ...I know this is true as I needed an old part for my car ...ashtray was broken...robynhood...

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Is it just me or does Rafferty appear to have an obsession with shoes? How unusual.
    He buys them two by two. This is one item where he can get his "buying two fix" without having to by a second item. lol.

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flowercb For This Useful Post:

Why would anyone want to wipe all the data from their phone? I have pictures, texts all kinds of data in my phone that I don't want lost. The only reason IMO to wipe all data out of a computer or cell phone is because its incriminating. All that info can be transferred to your new phone. If you want to get rid of some stuff, you can choose to do that but ALL the info???

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Oldsoul2 For This Useful Post:

..Imo people go to wrecking yard in search of parts ....I called them too and they can tell by inventory sometimes if they have the make / model and sometimes part you are searching for ...IMO as I did that too>>> robynhood ..back to tweeter ...will post new twits soon ....

Quote Originally Posted by maxfactor View Post
    Wow, I wonder if LE got records from POF about his account, that would be mind boggling.
    It might be relevant if there was info that he contacted TLM on POF? Didn't she have a POF account?

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I think it is strange because, like Nurse and others said above, typically when you take your old phone in and get a new one, no matter the reason, the company generally always transfers your data from one phone to the next. Otherwise you lose everything and have to start over. Who the heck would want to do that? So, imo, I would think all the old data should have been transferred to the loaner, and then to the new phone.

If that data is missing from the new phone - I would find that very suspicious because starting over from scratch is just a drag.

JMO
    Didn't realize you already answered this..sorry

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldsoul2 For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast