Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Trial Thread 4/18/2012

I think that it's weird that he would say that he thought police blamed him for the disappearance of Tori all along knowing that he was to blame. I just don't understand how some people <modsnip> can just gloss over that and say there is nothing wrong with MTR.
    Last edited by Salem; 04-18-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Don't be snarky please and remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Though I fall, I fall like a star, streaming splendour through the sky.
    Justice has not failed Victoria... Rest in peace Angel.

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven

“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:

I imagine the defence was blindsided by TLM's confession to the actual murder. I am sure their strategy was to prove she was a violent person quite capable of murder. I think they put all their eggs in one basket, or so to speak. JMO

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tmhco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty View Post
    Apparantly TLM overlooked alot of his strange quirkyness too, and that's not hearsay!! TLM herself testified to this.
    What one might find weird and creepy another might find appealing (ick)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I am trying to catch up on today, so, forgive if this has already been posted.

We have now heard from multiple girlfriends, who said that that MTR told them that LE was trying to "pin" the abduction on TLM.

Has it been testified that any of these women actually called LE to report MTR?

I would be curious why they did not, if they did not. Maybe we will never know.

If someone told me that the police were trying to "pin" a child abduction on someone they knew, the alarm bells would be ringing wildly!

JMO
    Well police did get alot of tips

“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieBean View Post
    Younger than Tori. Scary.

Especially scary, since we have heard that MTR was mad that Tori was too old.

Had MTR done bad things before?

One wonders, especially if they seen those pictures from one of his social media accounts, that has him holding the little girl at the wedding, and her body language and facial expressions are such, that you KNOW she does NOT want to be with him AT ALL.

JMO

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Would be difficult as disturbed as MTR is being portrayed by crown to believe nothing was found on his computer. JMO
    As always, JMO

Evil is; as evil does.

Prayers for Jun Lin, his family and those that love him.
    Justice is patient, relentless in its pursuit and is on the march for Justin Lin....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snoofer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
    During much of today's testimony, #Rafferty has been taking copious notes. He did so earlier in the trial as well. #sl

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
    OPP Det.-Cst. Leslie Waldron is back on stand as court resumes after lunch. Giving a tutorial on MSN Messenger now #sl

bbm
    I bet Rafferty is enjoying being connected to his social life again, the good 'ol days, while at the trial.

Interesting the parts of the trial he shows interest at.

JMO

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

One wonders, especially if they seen those pictures from one of his social media accounts, that has him holding the little girl at the wedding, and her body language and facial expressions are such, that you KNOW she does NOT want to be with him AT ALL.

JMO
    yes, i thought too when i saw that picture that she looked "distraught". Not knowing at that time where this case would go. JMO
    As always, JMO

Evil is; as evil does.

Justice is patient, relentless in its pursuit and is on the march for Justin Lin....

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to snoofer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by snoofer View Post
    not sure but don't think you can take rentals over the border; if that is relevent. MOO
    good evening all. You are able to take it over the border, we do it all the time to save the wear and tear on the car and also it was safer knpwing if you broke down u didnt have to worry about being in another country in your broken down car
    My opinion is MINE!

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to myzzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    More info we didn't have from the tweets. He purposely wanted to delete ALL CONTACTS. To me, that is suspicious, suspicious, suspicious.

Oh my!

Salem
    Like a lot of the Crown presentation........I really don't think it will matter either way.....because I think the defense will concede MR cleaned up the murder scene and tried to appear uninvolved with the crime thereafter.

If MR deleted the data because he was hiding evidence or sending his phone away and didn't know if he would get it back.........is neither here nor there, if the defense admits his participation in the cleanup etc.

All those women he met after the crime, trips shopping, planned trips to the US, phone calls, clothing,.......may be reprehensible conduct, but are all meaningless if he admits to participating in the cleanup etc.

The Crown spent a lot of time trying to prove things they probably won't have to prove.........and already know this..........but they still have to proceed in full anyways, because they can't be sure what the defense will do, until they do it.

Personally, I don't think we have heard the last of a target abduction.

There was lots of information available from news media reports from that time, and I would think Mr.Derstine will make full use of the information contained in them.

Derstine has no restraints placed on him from website TOS, publication bans, or hurt feelings. He can use any resources he needs to defend his client.

I would not be surprised that when the defense takes over................

The gloves come off.............

JMO...............

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ardy For This Useful Post:

Raveena Aulakh/Torstar News Service

London, Ontario — After Michael Rafferty was first interviewed by investigators in the disappearance of Tori Stafford, he tried to get a rental car saying he did not want to be hassled by police.

I'm wondering if the real reason for him not using his car is that perhaps after he got interviewed by police he may have thought his plates would be in the system. He told his date that he didn't want use it because Honda Civics attraced too much attention from police.
    In my opinion he wouldn't use his own car because it stuck out like a sore thumb. All his lady friends would recognize him in his own vehicle and see him with other women.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pattywack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by myzzy View Post
    good evening all. You are able to take it over the border, we do it all the time to save the wear and tear on the car and also it was safer knpwing if you broke down u didnt have to worry about being in another country in your broken down car
    I wonder if MTR had drug contacts across the border. If he went across the border the americans would still arrest him for Canada if a warrant put out, but if he stayed under the radar ie doing illegal stuff then I guess running to the states might have been a plan to get away. JMO
    As always, JMO

Evil is; as evil does.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoofer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by myzzy View Post
    My stepfather takes rented cars over the border all the time for his job. As he only has an old jeep that my mother uses at home.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:

JMO
    Funny that you should say that because that is exactly what I interpreted from her body language as well!!!!
    May you rest in peace.....Tori Stafford

Missing but never forgotten Nicole Louise Morin last seen July 30th 1985

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32372

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by snoofer View Post
    I wonder if MTR had drug contacts across the border. If he went across the border the americans would still arrest him for Canada if a warrant put out, but if he stayed under the radar ie doing illegal stuff then I guess running to the states might have been a plan to get away. JMO
    That's what Bernardo did but it was cigarettes

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    So who would've in this case? His mom?
    Speculation:

There may have been a few people who knew his passwords on his email/facebook accounts etc. (he had 7 girlfriends after April 8th, that we know of so far!), or he could have instructed them to deactivate the account from jail.

But, I am sure if this was the case, we likely would have heard about it during testimony. LE would know from the IP address that his account was accessed, if not at that time, they would now.

If Rafferty was behind bars when 1 or more his accounts were accessed, LE would know.

JMO MOO
    Last edited by Wondergirl; 04-18-2012 at 09:29 PM.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

<modsnip>

I am curious as to what happens next, more witnesses? What chapter is next? Should we assume that the defense is next?

I really am curious as to see what witnesses he brings forth. His mother?
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 04-18-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: referring to another poster

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Raveena Aulakh/Torstar News Service

London, Ontario — After Michael Rafferty was first interviewed by investigators in the disappearance of Tori Stafford, he tried to get a rental car saying he did not want to be hassled by police.

I'm wondering if the real reason for him not using his car is that perhaps after he got interviewed by police he may have thought his plates would be in the system. He told his date that he didn't want use it because Honda Civics attraced too much attention from police.
    Yeah, having the cops knowing about his car made it hard for him to sell drugs too.MOO
    ♥♥♥ In Memory of Tori ♥♥♥

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxfactor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
    Like a lot of the Crown presentation........I really don't think it will matter either way.....because I think the defense will concede MR cleaned up the murder scene and tried to appear uninvolved with the crime thereafter.

If MR deleted the data because he was hiding evidence or sending his phone away and didn't know if he would get it back.........is neither here nor there, if the defense admits his participation in the cleanup etc.

All those women he met after the crime, trips shopping, planned trips to the US, phone calls, clothing,.......may be reprehensible conduct, but are all meaningless if he admits to participating in the cleanup etc.

The Crown spent a lot of time trying to prove things they probably won't have to prove.........and already know this..........but they still have to proceed in full anyways, because they can't be sure what the defense will do, until they do it.

Personally, I don't think we have heard the last of a target abduction.

There was lots of information available from news media reports from that time, and I would think Mr.Derstine will make full use of the information contained in them.

Derstine has no restraints placed on him from website TOS, publication bans, or hurt feelings. He can use any resources he needs to defend his client.

I would not be surprised that when the defense takes over................

The gloves come off.............

JMO...............

Oh no oh no! I am trying to fight it back but I cannot!!!!

If the gloves dont fit you must acquit.

Sorry ... but it had to be said lol!

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChaChaCha For This Useful Post:

In the Facebook profile, Rafferty spells his first name "Mychol" and professed his love of life, family and friends.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/18...-ex-lover-says

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Why is his past such a mystery and secret?
    No media reports, he declined to talk about his past with the women in his life? What is it that he's hiding?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~Aristotle~

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to puppyraiser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by puppyraiser View Post
    Why is his past such a mystery and secret?
    No media reports, he declined to talk about his past with the women in his life? What is it that he's hiding?
    Exactly what is he hiding. Also what could he have done in the past that could have caused his family disappointment? What layers is he referring to? Why the secret life?

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaChaCha View Post
    Oh no oh no! I am trying to fight it back but I cannot!!!!

If the gloves dont fit you must acquit.

Sorry ... but it had to be said lol!

OMG that phrase has been going through my head since this trial started...I've yet to see much evidence other than one speck of blood which does prove TS was in the car and a few video's ...no other evidence that he did the deed...we have to thank old Johnny C. for that.."if the glove don't fit"...that will go down in the annals of crime for sure.... I think MR may be looking at, at the most 10-15 yrs...and it could just be that they score a 2nd degree out of this...he has to receive something for the fact he was there at the scene....JMO I wonder what sneakly Dirk has up his sleeve...will be interesting of that I am sure....or it could be duds like the crown has shown to date...(well I have to give them credit for the video's etc.) I wonder which reporter will have the first book out once this is all over with.... JMO I must admit I was not gobsmacked with any of the past few days events and I can't embellish them to fit "he is guilty as charged... the info I heard over the course of these days would probably fit any number of guys like MR if truth were known....
    Last edited by Macright; 04-18-2012 at 08:14 PM.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macright For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladi View Post
    Exactly what is he hiding. Also what could he have done in the past that could have caused his family disappointment? What layers is he referring to? Why the secret life?
    If a person had a record as a young offender, is it automatically sealed or erased. Do they need to apply to have it removed from their record? Not saying MR had a record, just looking for info.
    So many questions to ask the COs tomorrow. :-)
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~Aristotle~

48. The Following User Says Thank You to puppyraiser For This Useful Post:

"Much more revealing, much more difficult to explain, was Mr. Rafferty’s rabbit-like behaviour after he purportedly got the shock of his life on April 8.

As he confessed in the “About me” Facebook section, “I wear my heart on my sleve and sometimes that can be my downfall.”

No dear: That wasn’t your heart on your sleeve, or rather sleve: It was a picture of your exceptionally busy penis.

Well, everyone does react differently to being horrified."

Christie Blatchford strikes again... I wish she she was a prosecutor.

50. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Heliotrope For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast