Trial Thread 4/19/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
New thread for a new day. Please remember the rules

:tos:

When posting an opinion please remember to use IMO or JMO.

the crown will present its case in chapters:

Chapter 1: The day of the kidnapping. The surveillance video showing Rafferty driving up the street outside Tori's school and McClintic walking Tori up the street. Witnesses from and around Oliver Stephens public school will talk about seeing Tori.
An identification officer will use photographs and maps to show the route from Woodstock to Guelph.
Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, will testify about the frantic hours the family spent looking for Tori.

Chapter 2: Terri-Lynne McClintic. "She was an essential part of all that happened," Gowdey said. "I expect her credibility will be a major issue in this case."

Chapter 3: Guelph -- video surveillance and bank records detailing the events there.

Chapter 4: the Mount Forest death scene, which the jury will visit. "It will be difficult to go to the very place where this happened, I know that, but understanding the crime scene is crucial to understanding the crime," Gowdey said. Photographs, some of them graphic, will be used to explain "exactly how the killing happened."
"Unfortunately it is only through them that you can fully understand (the) evidence," Gowdey said.

Chapter 5: Police interaction with Rafferty.

Chapter 6: The searches of Rafferty and McClintic's residences and the evidence found.

Chapter 7: The Honda Civic. What was found inside.

Chapter 8: Rafferty's connection to the Mount Forest area.

Chapter 9: Comments Rafferty made to friends after April 8. "He had some interesting things to say to other people about Terri-Lynne McClintic and about the kidnapping itself," Gowdey said.

Chapter 10: The May 15 weekend and Rafferty's actions.

Chapter 11: The BlackBerry. The BlackBerry allowed police to track his movements April 8 and after.

Chapter 12: A recap of the surveillance video.
http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19463111.html

Salem's warning from last week:
Okay everybody - LISTEN UP! We are not bashing, accusing or blaming Tori's family here. It won't be allowed.
Children walk home from school every day without incident. Parents are not perfect, it's just not possible. Tori's parents DID NOT do this to her. TLM and an accomplice DID. That is where the blame goes.
We had a lot of family bashing in the early parts of this investigation after Tori went missing and a lot of baseless accusations - NONE OF WHICH PROVED TO BE TRUE. Victim and family bashing will not be allowed during this trial.
Thank you,
Salem
---------------------------------
and reposting SoSueMe's warning:
As some of you may have noticed, the members following this case are dropping in numbers. It's disheartening to us because we need and welcome discussion of both sides of every issue on Websleuths.
Zero tolerance means ZERO tolerance. Please discuss this case with respect to your fellow members. Subtle and veiled harassment and/or talking in code about other members will not be tolerated.
A word of caution on the Alerts in this forum. If you alert a post, make sure it is a clear violation of our Terms of Service. A difference of opinion is not a violation of TOS.
Please note that everything discussed in court and printed/tweeted is now within the realm of discussion. WS has never and does not now have a policy of "innocent until proven guilty." That is for the court room. Here, we discuss, speculate, theorize and judge according to the opinions we develop from following the case.
Keeping that in mind, abuse of our alert system is a good way to find yourself in timeout or worse. Abuse of the alert systems includes, but is not limited to:
Alerting repeatedly on the same poster;
Demanding a specific outcome;
Alerting on the same post more than once.
Once you have alerted a post, move on and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners.
Following this trial is very important to our members and we're going to see that they have their day in court. The "zero tolerance" policy in this forum will continue and it will be enforced.
Thank you and please carry on.
Sue aka SoSueMe
Websleuths Co-Owner

Good Morning!

492173_1332474886.jpg

Online profile at odds with image Rafferty presented to women he dated, trial hears

Sprinkled with misspellings and grammatical errors, awash in clumsy declarations of his hopes and plans, Michael Rafferty’s Facebook profile was presented to the jury at his murder trial, painting a picture greatly at odds with the sophisticated man of the world he projected to the many women he befriended.

And of all the oddities, none was more jarring than the message he posted a few hours before he allegedly kidnapped, raped and beat to death eight-year-old Victoria (Tori) Stafford.

“Everything good is comming (sic) my way,” he wrote at 10:01 a.m. (EST) on April 8, 2009.

His previous entry, where he asked rhetorically, “Where are my good old friends, I need them with me...to get ahold of me so we can meet up,” had been on April 2.

bbm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...to-women-he-dated-trial-hears/article2406549/

Alexis Lane, 30, testified she knew Rafferty in their small town of Drayton, Ont., near Mount Forest, Ont., from Grade 6 on and went out with him from Feb. 22 to April 1, 2009.

That's the same time period Rafferty was going out with McClintic.

Lane's testimony was brief and confirmed when she went out with Rafferty his Honda Civic had a complete back seat.

As she left, however, Lane stole a quick glance at the man, who as a boy "talked on the phone all the time" with her and as teenager visited her at lunch hour in high school.

Rafferty watched her leave, then bowed his head and rubbed his eyes, apparently crying

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/04/11/rafferty-trial-focuses-on-dna

In other evidence Tuesday, a second former female friend testified that a few weeks before Mr. Rafferty and his girlfriend, co-accused Terri-Lynne McClintic, allegedly killed Tori together, he said he was seeing another woman and that things were going well.

`“He was very happy that he was dating her, he thought she was the girl he was going to marry,” witness Ann Tweedie testified.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...cene-well-witness-tells-court/article2405142/

bbm

Have to go out again today ladies. Thanks for the tweets, will see you's later!

Alexis Lane, 30, testified she knew Rafferty in their small town of Drayton, Ont., near Mount Forest, Ont., from Grade 6 on and went out with him from Feb. 22 to April 1, 2009.

That's the same time period Rafferty was going out with McClintic.

Lane's testimony was brief and confirmed when she went out with Rafferty his Honda Civic had a complete back seat.

As she left, however, Lane stole a quick glance at the man, who as a boy "talked on the phone all the time" with her and as teenager visited her at lunch hour in high school.

Rafferty watched her leave, then bowed his head and rubbed his eyes, apparently crying

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/04/11/rafferty-trial-focuses-on-dna

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...cene-well-witness-tells-court/article2405142/

bbm

I'm quoting myself because I just thought of this on my way into work. I wonder if MR was referring to TLM and not AL? I assumed and maybe others did too that it was AL but it could have been TLM. hmmmmmm

Remember this?

Rafferty remained emotionless for much of the day, except when McClintic described how he once took her to a pawn shop and placed an engagement ring on her finger.

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.com/2012/03/22/toris-killer-explains-her-torture-fantasies

MR is on A Lane's facebook profile on the morning of April 8th at around the time he posted his "Everything good is comming my way." She had just broken up with him on April 1st. He cried when she testified in court. Was he lurking on her profile trying to make a decision about what was going to happen that day and then he decided: with the help of TLM, he was going to abduct a little girl. JMO

9:07
Mike Knoll: @kyle - they weren't provided to us.
9:07
Comment From kyle
anywhere we can see the phone records, as they were evidence as well?

MR is on A Lane's facebook profile on the morning of April 8th at around the time he posted his "Everything good is comming my way." She had just broken up with him on April 1st. He cried when she testified in court. Was he lurking on her profile trying to make a decision about what was going to happen that day and then he decided: with the help of TLM, he was going to abduct a little girl. JMO

I wonder what he saw on her profile that made him snap? Was she dating someone else? Status change to "in a relationship" perhaps? The week before, he posted wondering where all his "old friends" were? (April 2nd). This was the day after he broke up with her.

He was dating TLM and AL at the same time. Interestingly, he did not have TLM as a "friend" on FB. Wonder why?

ETA: Did he remove her after Tori's murder or was she never on his friends list?

9:27
Mike Knoll: @mk - if he did have friends there, they would be tough to identify.
9:26
Comment From mk
I know you have been asked about any family of Rafferty's in the courtroom repeatedly and you have stated his lawyer says no family have been in the courtroom, but has there ever been any friends of Rafferty in the court room at any point during this trial

9:30
Mike Knoll: @steve - 13 in the early months of 2009, 7 of them after April 8 (the day Tori disappeared)
9:29
Comment From Steve
Hi Mike, Is there a running total of how many girlfriends Rafferty was seeing in April of 2009?
Mike Knoll: @jenny - no.
Comment From jenny
if it happens that Derstine does not call Rafferty to the stand can the jurors or crown demand that Rafferty testify if they have unanswered questions?
9:28
Mike Knoll: @geust - yes he does.
9:28
Comment From Guest
Does Rafferty stay in the courtroom when the jury goes out because of legal issues being discussed?

9:31
Mike Knoll: @chrissi - two of the women are under pub ban. We aren't sending photographers to shoot the others because we don't feel they need to have their pictures in the paper.
9:30
Comment From chrissi
Can you tell me if the women who have testified are under a publication ban? I see their names have been published but can not find images for a single one of them.

I'm quoting myself because I just thought of this on my way into work. I wonder if MR was referring to TLM and not AL? I assumed and maybe others did too that it was AL but it could have been TLM. hmmmmmm

Remember this?

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.com/2012/03/22/toris-killer-explains-her-torture-fantasies

I agree! Maybe it was not AL he wanted to marry. It could have been TLM or any of the plethora of women he was dating.

Maybe he was upset because AL was a good friend from his past and dumped him because his present was so messed up (drugs).

JMO!!!

Blatchford: Rafferty's active love life picked up after Tori's murder

LONDON, Ont. — It is the modern wisdom that everyone grieves differently and therefore, no judgment should ever be made of a person who doesn't behave conventionally.

If the same can be said for a reaction of stark horror, then and only then would Michael Rafferty's conduct in the days after Victoria (Tori) Stafford's slaying be considered remotely within the widest of normal ranges.

http://ht.ly/anNaG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member