GUILTY CA - Brittany Killgore, 22, Fallbrook, 13 April 2012

mamacita

Reaction score

FALLBROOK, Calif. -- A 22-year-old Fallbrook woman who disappeared Friday evening may be the victim of foul play, authorities said Monday.

Brittany Dawn Killgore was last seen in Fallbrook by a friend around 5 p.m. Friday, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department. She was wearing a dark purple evening gown with glittery purple floral patterns and may have traveled to downtown San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter, according to a department bulletin.

Killgore's parents said that a man found her cell phone in an alley Saturday morning and called her father.

Kilgore was believed to have last been in the company of Louis Ray Perez, and active duty Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton, according to the Sheriff's Department. Perez was arrested over the weekend on an unrelated charge of possessing a stolen AR-15 assault rifle, according to Sheriff's homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit.

"Based on our investigation to this point, we believe there is a strong likelihood Brittany is the victim of foul play," Nesbit said Monday in a news release.

Killgore is 5 feet 8, 140 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts was urged to call the Sheriff's Homicide Detail at 858-974-2321.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...-victim-of-foul-play-20120416,0,2921521.story

This is my "hood", so I will help with location details as best I can.

I'm especially interested to know why she was wearing an evening gown... where had she been?

looks like she is married... wedding pics at link:

http://www.10news.com/slideshow/news/30901470/detail.html

That's what I don't quite understand? She was in an evening gown, out with another man and her husband is deployed?? Was this a friend of hubby's? A boyfriend?

oh yikes..

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012...man-last-seen-in-evening-gown/?print&page=all

FALLBROOK — A Camp Pendleton Marine believed to be the last person in the company of a 22-year-old missing Fallbrook woman has been arrested on suspicion of possessing an assault rifle stolen from the military base, sheriff’s officials said Monday.

Louis Ray Perez, 45, was booked into jail on Sunday night and has been “very uncooperative” with homicide detectives investigating the disappearance of Brittany Killgore, said sheriff’s Lt. Larry Nesbit.

Killgore, who shares a second-story apartment near Camp Pendleton's gates with her husband, was last seen by a friend Friday wearing a deep purple evening dress with a glittery floral pattern. Her cellphone was found by trolley security in the Gaslamp Quarter, although detectives said Monday they have reason to believe she never left the Fallbrook area.

The investigation led detectives to Perez and to De Luz Canyon, where authorities were searching Monday for signs of Killgore, Nesbit said. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is assisting in the case.

“Based on our investigation to this point, we believe there is a strong likelihood Brittany is the victim of foul play,” Nesbit said.

Perez was booked into San Diego jail on suspicion of illegal possession of an assault weapon and receiving stolen property. He is being held on $500,000 bail.

Details on Perez's military career, including his unit and rank, have not been released.

Authorities did not elaborate on the relationship between Killgore and Perez.

According to court records, Killgore filed for divorce from her husband on Tuesday. Her husband, Cory, also an active-duty Camp Pendleton Marine, is deployed overseas and is not suspected of being involved, Nesbit said.

Arrangements are being made for her husband to return from Afghanistan, according to apartment manger Elli August, who spoke to his parents.

The couple married in the summer of 2010 and moved into the unit at La Galiana de Cortez Apartments in Fallbrook about a month later.

August and her husband, Earl, described Killgore as “reserved,” saying she doesn’t venture from her apartment often and does not work.

Family members from both sides were headed to San Diego Monday to deal with the case.

Investigators who responded to the apartment complex on Saturday appeared interested in a large white SUV parked in the Killgores’ space, near Killgore’s own vehicle, the Augusts said. The SUV had a large Marine insignia on the back.

Killgore is 5 feet 7 inches tall, 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes..

Anyone with information can call Detective Brian Patterson at (858) 974-2321 or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477 or sdcrimestoppers.com.

BBM - so IMO, this LP may have been someone she was involved with (& maybe the reason why she decided to file for divorce?).

Neighbors said Killgore's husband, Cory, was on deployment during the incident. He posted on his Facebook page on Sunday asking for prayers for his family.
The couple filed for divorce on April 10, according to court documents.
A car parked at her residence had explicit language scribbled in the dust of the car windows.
Killgore's neighbor, Patricia Pagdilao, said Killgore is often out late at night but that she's always with friends.
"Usually i see her you know every night coming through here when she invites a couple of friends over but the last time I saw her was last week," Pagdilao said.

Source: Sheriffs Search for Missing Woman | NBC San Diego
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Sheriffs-Search-for-Missing-Woman-147605975.html

Praying they find her safe.

FALLBROOK, Calif. -- A 22-year-old Fallbrook woman who disappeared Friday evening may be the victim of foul play, authorities said Monday.

Brittany Dawn Killgore was last seen in Fallbrook by a friend around 5 p.m. Friday, according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department. She was wearing a dark purple evening gown with glittery purple floral patterns and may have traveled to downtown San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter, according to a department bulletin.

Killgore's parents said that a man found her cell phone in an alley Saturday morning and called her father.

Kilgore was believed to have last been in the company of Louis Ray Perez, and active duty Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton, according to the Sheriff's Department. Perez was arrested over the weekend on an unrelated charge of possessing a stolen AR-15 assault rifle, according to Sheriff's homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit.

"Based on our investigation to this point, we believe there is a strong likelihood Brittany is the victim of foul play," Nesbit said Monday in a news release.

Killgore is 5 feet 8, 140 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts was urged to call the Sheriff's Homicide Detail at 858-974-2321.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...-victim-of-foul-play-20120416,0,2921521.story

BBM - do we know where this friend saw Brittany? Did she actually talk to her, or just see her?

Was "believed" to be "in the company of" - Did Brittany tell the friend that saw her she was out with Perez, or going to meet him somewhere? Does that mean they were seen at dinner somewhere, at her apt, or standing beside her car as her friend drove by? Or were fingerprints found on her phone?

Did everyone else assume like me that they were on a date somewhere? I've read a few articles, and I don't see that stated anywhere now that I'm looking for it.

Just tossing around some thoughts - wonder if he's her drug dealer? her boyfriend? friend's boyfriend?

LE is evasive as to their relationship. :waitasec:

It's all worded so strangely - her dress is described in detail, yet no mention of a conversation is mentioned by the friend who saw her?

I guess all of these omissions could be things LE is keeping close at this point of the investigation.

Sure hope she's found safe - I'd much rather hear she took off to get away from a stressful situation.

oh yikes..

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012...man-last-seen-in-evening-gown/?print&page=all

FALLBROOK — A Camp Pendleton Marine believed to be the last person in the company of a 22-year-old missing Fallbrook woman has been arrested on suspicion of possessing an assault rifle stolen from the military base, sheriff’s officials said Monday.

Louis Ray Perez, 45, was booked into jail on Sunday night and has been “very uncooperative” with homicide detectives investigating the disappearance of Brittany Killgore, said sheriff’s Lt. Larry Nesbit.

Killgore, who shares a second-story apartment near Camp Pendleton's gates with her husband, was last seen by a friend Friday wearing a deep purple evening dress with a glittery floral pattern. Her cellphone was found by trolley security in the Gaslamp Quarter, although detectives said Monday they have reason to believe she never left the Fallbrook area.

The investigation led detectives to Perez and to De Luz Canyon, where authorities were searching Monday for signs of Killgore, Nesbit said. The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is assisting in the case.

“Based on our investigation to this point, we believe there is a strong likelihood Brittany is the victim of foul play,” Nesbit said.

Perez was booked into San Diego jail on suspicion of illegal possession of an assault weapon and receiving stolen property. He is being held on $500,000 bail.

Details on Perez's military career, including his unit and rank, have not been released.

Authorities did not elaborate on the relationship between Killgore and Perez.

According to court records, Killgore filed for divorce from her husband on Tuesday. Her husband, Cory, also an active-duty Camp Pendleton Marine, is deployed overseas and is not suspected of being involved, Nesbit said.

Arrangements are being made for her husband to return from Afghanistan, according to apartment manger Elli August, who spoke to his parents.

The couple married in the summer of 2010 and moved into the unit at La Galiana de Cortez Apartments in Fallbrook about a month later.

August and her husband, Earl, described Killgore as “reserved,” saying she doesn’t venture from her apartment often and does not work.

Family members from both sides were headed to San Diego Monday to deal with the case.

Investigators who responded to the apartment complex on Saturday appeared interested in a large white SUV parked in the Killgores’ space, near Killgore’s own vehicle, the Augusts said. The SUV had a large Marine insignia on the back.

Killgore is 5 feet 7 inches tall, 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes..

Anyone with information can call Detective Brian Patterson at (858) 974-2321 or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477 or sdcrimestoppers.com.

BBM - so IMO, this LP may have been someone she was involved with (& maybe the reason why she decided to file for divorce?).

BBM - Was he questioned BEFORE being arrested, or was he stopped for questioning and that's when the assault weapon was found? If that was the case how did they know to question him? Known to someone who saw them together, or by fingerprints found somewhere incriminating? I can't find anything about this case - just same things slightly reworded from site to site.

She is quite beautiful. Praying for her safety.

Marine Questioned In Case of Missing San Diego Woman

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/marine-questioned-in-case-of-missing-san-diego-woman/

ht_brittany_dawn_killgore_jef_120416_wblog.jpg

I'm especially interested to know why she was wearing an evening gown... where had she been?

looks like she is married... wedding pics at link:

http://www.10news.com/slideshow/news/30901470/detail.html
I live in South Orange County... so I am about 1 1/2 hour away, I went to college at SDSU, and still visit friends there, so I feel geographically close to this case, too!

If you hear anything else, Mamacita, please keep us posted!

TIA

Hey Mamacita, I'm local to this case as well. Heard them talking about it on NPR & CBS8 yesterday, but the detail have been pretty vague. I know the gaslamp like the back of my hand, I used to rent lofts downtown and walked everywhere. If it comes down to location details, I think I can help out a bit. Not so much with Fallbrook though.

If anyone hears of searches needing volunteers, please post it. My husband and I have never participated in a search, but we are avid hikers in the county. We've down a lot of the local canyons while geocaching.

I would like to know the order in which Brittany was reported as missing, when the "friend" was arrested on the stolen weapon and when he was questioned. I think getting this timeline down is really important. I also think that going from Fallbrook to downtown is one heck of a drive for a night out on the town, especially on a Tuesday night. I hope when she goes out that no one is driving home intoxicated, there are some curvy roads on the way to Fallbrook.

Also, in regards to the "large white SUV" (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012...man-last-seen-in-evening-gown/?print&page=all) parked in her complex with "explicit language scribbled in the dust of the car windows" (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Sheriffs-Search-for-Missing-Woman-147605975.html), that seems EXTREMELY hinky to me. Apparently it is hinky to the police department too, since they seemed interested in checking it out. I wonder if it was a stolen vehicle. Obviously the cops can find out who owns it, hopefully the owner of the vehicle can provide a lead in the case.

Hey Mamacita, I'm local to this case as well. Heard them talking about it on NPR & CBS8 yesterday, but the detail have been pretty vague. I know the gaslamp like the back of my hand, I used to rent lofts downtown and walked everywhere. If it comes down to location details, I think I can help out a bit. Not so much with Fallbrook though.

If anyone hears of searches needing volunteers, please post it. My husband and I have never participated in a search, but we are avid hikers in the county. We've down a lot of the local canyons while geocaching.

I would like to know the order in which Brittany was reported as missing, when the "friend" was arrested on the stolen weapon and when he was questioned. I think getting this timeline down is really important. I also think that going from Fallbrook to downtown is one heck of a drive for a night out on the town, especially on a Tuesday night. I hope when she goes out that no one is driving home intoxicated, there are some curvy roads on the way to Fallbrook.

Also, in regards to the "large white SUV" (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012...man-last-seen-in-evening-gown/?print&page=all) parked in her complex with "explicit language scribbled in the dust of the car windows" (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Sheriffs-Search-for-Missing-Woman-147605975.html), that seems EXTREMELY hinky to me. Apparently it is hinky to the police department too, since they seemed interested in checking it out. I wonder if it was a stolen vehicle. Obviously the cops can find out who owns it, hopefully the owner of the vehicle can provide a lead in the case.

She was reported as being missing on Friday, April 13. She was wearing what sounds to be like a really nice gown. Where do you think she might have gone wearing that? I searched events for Camp Pendleton thinking there might have been a ball of some sort, but I didn't see anything like that. Also, in the comments, it **seems** as if her husband has commented quite a bit - so take this info with a grain of salt - he said she was afraid to drive and that the only vehicle they had was still at the parking space in the apartment complex (which may account for it being dusty?).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back