1432 users online (324 members and 1108 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Exclamation Frozen Beef Causes Major Problem For Forestry Service In Colorado

http://news.yahoo.com/forest-quandar...145702521.html

Forest Service in quandary about Colo. frozen cows
    Associated PressBy STEVEN K. PAULSON | Associated Press 3 hrs ago

DENVER (AP) It may take explosives to dislodge a group of cows that wandered into an old ranger cabin high in the Rocky Mountains, then died and froze solid when they couldn't get out....

I wanted to get a look at the cabin the cows were stuck in to see if it may be one I knew about when I used to help move cattle....lol

This really is bizarre news, and sad that they basicly starved to death. There is not much you can do when they get lost. You usally only have so much time to get your cows moved,
    I remember having to bring the strays in that would wander, some are just stubborn as all get out and usally have a wild streak due to being out on open land and not much human contact...

Explosives, yuck !
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    I wanted to get a look at the cabin the cows were stuck in to see if it may be one I knew about when I used to help move cattle....lol

This really is bizarre news, and sad that they basicly starved to death. There is not much you can do when they get lost. You usally only have so much time to get your cows moved,
    I remember having to bring the strays in that would wander, some are just stubborn as all get out and usally have a wild streak due to being out on open land and not much human contact...

Explosives, yuck !
    IIRC, Mythbusters did a show on using explosives to tenderize beef.

It seems to me that there are probably easier solutions to solving this bovine problem-dynamite seems like overkill. No offense, but I think guys just like to blow stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    IIRC, Mythbusters did a show on using explosives to tenderize beef.
    Yea sure! LOL I knew you'd come up with something rare

The thing is if they blow the animals up the land will be cluttered with the cow remains - hunks of it I think. To get rid of that they'd have to get a little cat up there and bulldoze the area and bury the remains, right?

Is the land too hard to dig into with a machine? I think they should bury them on site.

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Yea sure! LOL I knew you'd come up with something rare

The thing is if they blow the animals up the land will be cluttered with the cow remains - hunks of it I think. To get rid of that they'd have to get a little cat up there and bulldoze the area and bury the remains, right?

Is the land too hard to dig into with a machine? I think they should bury them on site.
    Birds and animals may remove the small bits.