GUILTY IA - James & Kijua Beaudrie for child sexual abuse, Polk County, 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Father wanted for sexually assaulting three of his nine
children after years spent living in motels and a shopping
mall
(Daily Mail)
A nationwide search is under way for a father who is accused of sexually assaulting three of his nine children while they spent their time living between motels and a store at a shopping mall.

James Julius Beaudrie, 36, from Minnesota, is charged with eight counts of third-degree sexual abuse and is believed to have fled Iowa - where the family had been living.

His wife Kijua Lynn Beaudrie, 35, has been arrested on three counts of child neglect.
---
Earlier this year, police discovered that the couple and their nine children divided their time sleeping between a game store they managed in a shopping mall and a motel room where they would shower and do laundry.
---
When police found the children sleeping on a futon at the back of the game store, they were covered in bedbug bites. They range in age from six months to 16 years.
---
Des Moines Police Sgt Chris Scott said on Monday: 'There are several abnormal aspects to this case. The culture of the family, the living in a mall, the broad scope of the investigation.

'It seems like he was almost a cult personality in this family. He was larger than life. Like he somehow brainwashed these kids.'

Investigators say he kept the family isolated. The children were said to be home schooled, though there is no record of any home schooling.
---
Des Moines Police Detective Terry Mitchell said the older girls looked after the store while the younger girls would stay at the back. He said the boys were physically abused by their father once they got past the age of six.
---
more, with pictures, at DM link above

The father is frightening looking!

He should be easy to find....hopefully.

Prayers for these children.

Make it stop!

First off Slick himself has a FB page which is private. Warning I about puked when I looked at the default.

Oh shoot it links to the wife's who may have children on it. She was by appearances herself not isolated. Maybe far from her immediate family, but not isolated.

His is by name backwards so I'll go find it.

At some point that lived in Arizona. Maybe he went there?

These poor kids. Prayers for them all.

You can
t think that sleeping in confide quarters with all your siblings and bed bugs is bad enough, but then sexuakky assaulted by that thing who of all horrors is your own father. Worse of all knowing he hurts your siblings.

Sorry for the rant, but I want to make a cardboard sign that says "This Is Real". This is America. People living out of store fronts on futons with bites and no schooling and being assaulted by parents? Right here out front in America.

banner across my noon news just said the father has been captured in Chicago

National manhunt tracks down Iowa dad (kcci.com)
DES MOINES, Iowa - A nationwide manhunt for a Des Moines father, James Beaudrie, ended in Chicago Thursday morning.

U.S. Marshals said they found Beaudrie about 7 a.m. at an apartment complex in the 4400 block of North Lawndale Avenue in Chicago.
---
Officials said Beaudrie had fled through a rear door of the apartment moments before they entered the apartment. They said Beaudrie was attempting to hide under a stairwell of the apartment complex.
---
more at link above

Attempted to hide under a stairwell? That guy is no lightweight and he's hiding like a little kid? Under stairs? From Chicago LE?

Good luck with that.

Creeper.

Continued prayers for healing in those offspring's lives.

In this day and age the following statement has to be the most naive I've heard in a very long time!

The daughter later returned to the family as Iowa Department of Human Services prefer to keep a family together whenever possible.

So it's okay to beat and sexually assulalt your kid because Iowa prefers to keep families together. Good Lawd!

MOO

Mel

Yeah......good luck hiding under a stairwell.

So it looks like he ran home to his mom. Nice

dude obviously had money for food (looks as big as a house), but not enough money to keep his kids clean or care for them properly. My son eats before I do - period. And yes, there have been times of struggle. Not starving by any sense of the word - but YKWIM.

I'm glad they caught this creeper and the kids are away from the parents. Shame on Iowa for not getting it right the first time!

MOO

Mel

This is another case of kids being abused in plain sight. I can't imagine what their lives were like - so sad! Now the kids have no education, no sense of normalcy, and problems for the rest of their lives.

Where are the people who could have helped them? I'm baffled, I truly am.

This is another case of kids being abused in plain sight. I can't imagine what their lives were like - so sad! Now the kids have no education, no sense of normalcy, and problems for the rest of their lives.

This should never happen in America or anywhere. People are supposed to be civilized, yet we seem to be going backwards and not being strong as a nation to protect our children. It's just story after story after story!

:banghead:

Mel

Make sure to vote to fund social programs.

Iowa is one of the states that seems to get things wrong more often then not, when it comes to CPS/DHS removals etc..

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...57080/14120958/-/item/0/-/3tyo0m/-/index.html

From October through February, police reports indicate a girl crying out for help. After she escaped a brutal beating in the back of the Gamesip store at Merle Hay Mall that left "green and purple bruises" for several days, she escaped to Minnesota and told a social worker there she was "scared to go back home."

Minnesota social workers put her in a shelter, then moved her to an Iowa shelter. The girl was away from her family for three weeks, but eventually ended up back in the Merle Hay Mall store where the family of 11 was living, and back with the father she feared.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...14120958/-/9h52k4z/-/index.html#ixzz2AKF7f3zD

Kijua Beaudrie was sentenced to a prison term not to exceed 30 years.

The Urbandale woman pleaded guilty to three counts of neglect of a child.

Her charges came as part of the investigation into her husband, James Beaudrie.

All nine of James and Kijua Beaudrie's children were placed in shelters or foster homes after the couple was charged in the case.

James Beaudrie is charged with nine counts of first-degree sexual abuse and two counts of child endangerment. Prosecutors said Beaudrie abused three of his nine children.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...17128538/-/veye89z/-/index.html#ixzz2AKFa0LZu

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back