AZ AZ - Pinal Co., HispMale UP10072, 19-30, alias Jose Acateco, Sep'11

Fin

Reaction score
The image on namus is a photo taken of the UID when he was alive in NY. His mummified body was found Sept, 2011 in Arizona. Race is listed "unsure".
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10072

Estimated age Adult - Pre 30
Minimum age 19 years
Maximum age 30 years
Race Unsure
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 67, Estimated
Probable yearof death: 2011

These mummified and partially skeletonized remains were found in a desert area near Maricopa, Arizona. There were no associated personal effects or identification media found with the remains. A blind fingerprint match was made to the name "Jose BENITEZ", DOB: 16 July 1990, with an alias of "Jose ACATECO", DOB: 17 July 1989. Neither of the provided names have been verified and are likely bogus. No next-of-kin can be located.
A photograph was taken of this individual by New York State on 14 July 2011 (see case images). Personal descriptors of the individual include a height of 5'7", a weight of 150 pounds, brown eyes, and black hair.

Head hair Hair is black, straight, and measures less than .5 inches in length.

IFS Fingerprint comparison came back with a match to a supposed Mexican National, "Jose BENITEZ", DOB: 16 July 1990. An alias of "Jose ACATECO", DOB: 17 July 1989 was also used.

These ones break my heart... :( does Mexico or Central America have missing databases? I'd assume not since so many try to cross and I guess the families just chalk it up to living a better life. It's so sad :(

Original
5261DMTX.jpg

Cristian Luciano Gomez
5261DMTX - Cristian Luciano Gomez
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Here's an old case that hasn't had much attention on WS. Perhaps we can help identify this UID. My hunch that this may be a match is based mostly on a visual comparison of these pics. The height estimates are off by 4" or so, the distances of the locations and the traveling around in three states with NY being so far away give me reason to doubt this as a match. The fact that the UID's info doesn't mention any type of mental disorders raises a tiny red flag for me but perhaps authorities didn't know or simply didn't report it. Also, if Cristian lived alone but kept in regular contact with family then perhaps he was mentally stable enough at that point in time to live independently. It could be his mental issues weren't readily recognizable therefore not noticed during his interactions with LE when he gave them all the false information.

Bearing in mind the grainy, dark quality of the UID's 2011 pic on the left and the fact that Cristian's pic would have been taken in 2006 or earlier, to me these faces share many similarities. The lips, cheek bones, eyes, brow bones, head shape, and even the ears are similar, imo. Cristian was 21 YO when he disappeared in 2006 and would have been 26 YO in 2011. The UID's est. age range is 19-30 YO. The NamUs profile for the UID states "A blind fingerprint match was made to the name "Jose BENITEZ", DOB: 16 July 1990, with an alias of "Jose ACATECO", DOB: 17 July 1989. Neither of the provided names have been verified and are likely bogus. No next-of-kin can be located." It strikes me as odd that Christian's reported DOB is July 14, 1984.

From Cristian's profiles with UID info in parentheses.

Height: NamUs 5'8" Doe Network 5' 8" - 5' 9" (5'4" estimated)
Weight: 150 lbs. (Cannot est.)
Hair Color: Black (Black. Hair is black, straight, and measures less than .5 inches in length.)
Eye Color: Brown (Unknown)

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Slash scars on both arms and torso, a scar on the left leg from previous surgery. Mental disorder which he was taking medication for and has been without since date of disappearance. (No scars/marks mentioned for UID)

Circumstances of Disappearance
Cristian was discovered missing from his apartment in Central El Paso May 6, 2006. He called his mother and sister everyday and was adamant about letting his family know where he was at all times. His keys, wallet, and money were left on his kitchen counter.

Please share your thoughts.

There's only a 1 hour 15 minute distance between Santa Rosa and Maricopa, AZ but I'm not clear on exactly where Felix was left behind. The profile reads that he was left behind by a group "about 7 hours from where they were picked up" but (imo) isn't clear on an exact pickup location. If he rested/healed/etc. or help arrived and then he continued on perhaps he ended up going to Maricopa rather than Tucson? Felix went missing 17 months before these remains were located. The PMI for JD is "months" with a 2011 est YOD so the timeline may not fit.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Circumstances of Disappearance

Felix was last seen crossing the U.S.-Mexico border with a group. He was left about 7 hours from where they were picked up and taken to Tucson. They left him matches so he could make a fire and call for help. He used the alias of "Ines Salazar Diaz."
Original
Original

These ones break my heart... :( does Mexico or Central America have missing databases? I'd assume not since so many try to cross and I guess the families just chalk it up to living a better life. It's so sad :(

Mexico MP Chrono Index
There aren't a ton of profiles and it's long overdue for an update but here's a list of Mexican MPs. MOO

I emailed Dustin at NamUs and left a VM with Pima County Missing Migrant Project to submit Felix as a potential match. Hopefully he'll be home soon. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back