Deceased/Not Found OH - Claudia Lopez Escobar, 29, Columbus, 23 Mar 2012 *arrest*

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/apr...dentify-person-interest-womans-di-ar-1004930/

By: BRIANNE BETTS | NBC4i.com , DENISE YOST | NBC4
Published: April 18, 2012
Updated: April 18, 2012 - 5:08 PM

Police Identify Person Of Interest In Woman's Disappearance

claudia-lopez-escobar

Police lose trail of fugitive in suspected spring murder

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...l-of-fugitive-in-suspected-spring-murder.html

A newspaper article in the Columbus Dispatch this morning is reporting that LE have not been able to find Claudia Lopez Escobar or her sport utility vehicle since her disappearance on March 30, 2012.

Sar I, the suspect who is currently wanted in connection with her disappearance, has not been apprehended.

The newspaper article also revealed that Sar I is an avid fisherman.

Federal LE authorities are also involved and have asked the cable tv show America's Most Wanted to feature this case on their cable tv show in the coming weeks.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...ect-found-but-victims-body-still-missing.html

The Columbus Dispatch
Friday November 15, 2013 5:48 AM

The man in the car’s passenger seat gave the police officers a fake name, but they already knew who he was.

The arrest Wednesday afternoon in the southern Wisconsin city of Janesville ended the 19-month search for central Ohio murder suspect Sar I, a 42-year-old Cambodian who is accused of killing his ex-girlfriend at his West Side apartment in March 2012.

Police lose trail of fugitive in suspected spring murder

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...l-of-fugitive-in-suspected-spring-murder.html

A newspaper article in the Columbus Dispatch this morning is reporting that LE have not been able to find Claudia Lopez Escobar or her sport utility vehicle since her disappearance on March 30, 2012.

Sar I, the suspect who is currently wanted in connection with her disappearance, has not been apprehended.

The newspaper article also revealed that Sar I is an avid fisherman.

Federal LE authorities are also involved and have asked the cable tv show America's Most Wanted to feature this case on their cable tv show in the coming weeks.

Definitely sounds like her vehicle could be underwater, with her body inside. I wonder where the suspect's favorite fishing spots were? If LE could zero in on those, they'd be good places to try a sonar search.

• claudia_lopez-escobar_1.jpg
  • claudia_lopez-escobar_4.jpg
  • claudia_lopez-escobar_5.jpg
Lopez-Escobar, circa 2012; Green Jeep Cherokee; Sar I
  • Missing Since 03/23/2012
  • Missing From Columbus, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Hispanic
  • Date of Birth 12/30/1982 (40)
  • Age 29 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'2, 155 - 165 pounds

• Associated Vehicle(s) Dreen 1996 Jeep Cherokee with a beige interior, black rims and the Ohio license plate number FLT6869

• Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Lopez-Escobar's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Lopez-Escobar was last seen at a co-worker's apartment in the 1700 block of Peasant Run west in Columbus, Ohio at 10:00 a.m. on March 23, 2012. She was driving a green 1996 Jeep Cherokee with a beige interior, black rims and the Ohio license plate number FLT6869.

She has never been heard from again. She was reported missing after she stopped showing up for work at American Corrugated Products on Alkire Road; she'd been working there for six months and had a reputation as a dependable employee.

Lopez-Escobar was born in a remote area near the city of Tapachula, Mexico, which is on the border with Guatemala. She's a naturalized American citizen who'd been living in the United States for several years by 2012. Her two young sons were being cared for by her relatives in Mexico.

Lopez-Escobar has no family members living near her, but she kept in regular touch with her family in Mexico and sent them money regularly. All contact with them stopped after March 23.

Lopez-Escobar was last seen in the company of Sar I, a co-worker who had worked at American Corrugated Products for twelve years. He was born in Cambodia; I is a common last name in that country. I dropped out of sight in early April. In May 2012, he was charged with murder, kidnapping and gross abuse of a corpse in Lopez-Escobar's case.

Investigators stated evidence at his apartment, including blood matching Lopez-Escobar's DNA, indicated she had been killed there. According to one of her friends, she and I had been dating at one time, but Lopez-Escobar had ended the relationship and I had been stalking her before her disappearance.

I was still at large at the time he was charged, and wasn't arrested until November 2013, when he was apprehended in Janesville, Wisconsin. He confessed to the murder after his arrest, stating he'd beaten Lopez-Escobar with a marble bowl and then tied a plastic bag around her neck and suffocated her.

A photo of I is posted with this case summary. He stated he dismembered the body and disposed of it in various trash bins in the Columbus area. I pleaded guilty to murder and evidence tampering and was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for at least 18 years. If he is ever released, he will probably be deported back to Cambodia.

Foul play is suspected in Lopez-Escobar's disappearance due to the circumstances involved. A photo of a Jeep similar to her missing vehicle is posted below this case summary.

Investigating Agency​

• Columbus Police Department 614-645-4545

Source Information​

Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 6, 2015; details of disappearance updated.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back